Page 7 of 10 [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 6:37 pm

Second ketamine treatment down, the actual experience was a bit less intense than the first time, which I'm told is normal, I still feel a little "post trippy", if that makes sense, not exactly high but not exactly normal. I do feel a bit of extra pep, I'm cautiously optimistic about this treatment, and excited for next Monday, when I go to the full dose, which is double what I've been getting.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 6:54 pm

Thank you.. for keeping us current...on treatments.... hope for the best of luck as you progress !
Will be interesting on how you do , with full dosage.

where ever you go ,there you are

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 11:12 pm

Full dosage was intense, definitely felt like my brain melted there for about 45 minutes, and I'm still a little fuzzy 8 hours after taking the dose. I was mistaken with an earlier post, the initial dosage was 56mg, and what I took today was 84mg, so it was a 50% increase, not double, but the impact was still significantly stronger, definitely had a bit of disassociation, and would not have been okay to drive home even after the 2 hours they legally have to hold me. I'll reemphasize, it's amazingly similar in sensation to an acid or mushroom trip, but compressed into about 45-60 minutes, and it hits super fast after you use the nasal spray, less than 5 minutes, I can see why this stuff is a popular party drug.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 11:10 am

Wow sounds like a brain reset . glad you survived your first full dose . brain melting does sound scarey, but if a brsin reset is needed , then it is what it is . Perhaps future effects will be less intense.
Thank you for the updates ... :nerdy:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:59 pm

i'd like to hear a comparison between TCMS and special K.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:08 pm

@ Auntblabby ???? TCMS ??? Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation ..?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:

My money is on K, even though my only experience is recreational.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:15 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

can you tell me your reasoning?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

In my experience there was a positive afterglow that lasted for awhile and was a good headspace to work on making positive changes. It also seemed like people made more sense for awhile afterwards.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

In my experience there was a positive afterglow that lasted for awhile and was a good headspace to work on making positive changes. It also seemed like people made more sense for awhile afterwards.

so you got to try TCMS also?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Personally, I got nothing from TMS, it's slightly annoying when they're doing it, it feels like someone flicking your head really hard at high frequency, but if it had any effect on my mood, I didn't notice it, even after an extended course at high intensity. I'm too early into the ketamine treatment to say anything about the effectiveness as a depression treatment, but the actual experience is far different, 45-60 minutes of tripping out of your mind followed by a very short come down and some extended fuzziness for the rest of the day. Hopefully this works, as the next step would be ECT, which is far more complicated as it requires a general anesthetic and all the accompanying technicians and equipment, as well as significant side effects, including amnesia. My half sister is doing ECT, it seems to be working for her, but the memory loss is scary, it's just short term stuff, but she loses whole days to it, and it's something I'd prefer to avoid if possible.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

so you got to try TCMS also?

No, I've only ever read about it. I've read people's experiences though, including at least two posters from here (although one is now b&).

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:54 pm

i wonder how much of YMMV is a part of both treatments? my only experience with K is watching the patients anesthetized with it behave salaciously. i suspect that particular side effect disappears with the high psychiatric doses.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i wonder how much of YMMV is a part of both treatments? my only experience with K is watching the patients anesthetized with it behave salaciously. i suspect that particular side effect disappears with the high psychiatric doses.

My understanding is that anaesthetic doses are higher than doses for other applications.

I know recreation doses tend to be much lower and afaik the dose for this application is basically towards the high-end of the scale for recreational use and lower than an anaesthetic dose.

YMMV is probably relevant for both treatments.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:03 pm

what does TCMS. Stand for , ? please and what is YMMV ?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:05 pm

Jakki wrote:
what does TCMS. Stand for , ? please and what is YMMV ?

Your Mileage May Vary

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 28 Sep 2021, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.