Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 4:26 pm

Wow, so many threads I have never posted in WP.

Not sure if this is relevant to "adult" discussions but a recent article highlighted how a home owner got a warning letter from a contingent of neighbors about the state of their home.
https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/neighb ... 4bcf83b7f1

This is something I am constantly paranoid about, I live in an upscale suburb and although our house is comfortable, it;s starting to look really old compared to my neighbors. My neighbors are constantly renovating/improving their homes so they starting to look like expensive display homes.

I am wondering at what point I'll get a letter?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 4:57 pm

For many years one of my neighbours had a car sitting on his driveway. It had last been driven in 1993. Did he get told to move it? Not quite... he got polite nudges to get it repaired and back in use which only happened this year! By some miracle it didn't need any welding.

I think the nosy expletive deleteds who send letters as detailed in this thread need to take their heads out of their posteriors and mind their own business.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:52 pm

Florida is a lot like that.

That is why I live in the woods. Way in the woods.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 11:20 pm

The letter is quite brutal

You can't choose your family, workmates or neighbors.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 8:48 am

Thank God those are not my neighbors!

/Mats

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 9:14 am

I received a polite letter at my old flat, back when I had excellent neighbours. The woman was an East Enders type, no nonsense, doesn't take crap from anyone type. She looked after me, she was wonderful. Her and her husband gave me a polite letter asking to neaten up my garden because they wanted to sell their flat (To an old witch and her son who annoyed others too). I was happy to do it.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 2:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
Wow, so many threads I have never posted in WP.

Not sure if this is relevant to "adult" discussions but a recent article highlighted how a home owner got a warning letter from a contingent of neighbors about the state of their home.
https://honey.nine.com.au/latest/neighb ... 4bcf83b7f1

This is something I am constantly paranoid about, I live in an upscale suburb and although our house is comfortable, it;s starting to look really old compared to my neighbors. My neighbors are constantly renovating/improving their homes so they starting to look like expensive display homes.

I am wondering at what point I'll get a letter?

this is one of the reasons why i want to live out in the country on a big ranch so i dont have to worry about nosy neighbors where each of your neighbors may get you in trouble.I did not choose our house but I would never choose to live in a HOA neighborhood.However if some neighborhood tells I have to decorate for Xmas i am going to refuse because I hate Christmas and all that power and lights are pricey.I am not really into any rush to own any personal residence for my own living purposes.I would rather rent than have a mortgage if given the choice.You may be out of luck if you live in a HOA.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 3:56 am

You Americans really go into Christmas decorations in a big way!!

It's starting to rub off on my neighbors. Even during lockdown they were trying to outdo each other

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 4:07 am

cyberdad wrote:

It's starting to rub off on my neighbors. Even during lockdown they were trying to outdo each other

ya here in my city some neighborhoods are known as destinations for driving tours in the car looking at holiday lights.We even have a house in the city and it looks like something out of National Lampoons Xmas Vacation in the past.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 4:43 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

ya here in my city some neighborhoods are known as destinations for driving tours in the car looking at holiday lights.We even have a house in the city and it looks like something out of National Lampoons Xmas Vacation in the past.

Yes in Melbourne we have a street famous for christmas decorations on Glencairn drive in a suburb called Greenvale.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2021, 5:33 pm

Man I saw this posted on reddit and I don't know what to believe now but they claimed this letter turned out it was written by a landlord who owns a house on that street wanting to sell it and they posed as a neighbor living there. The person who received it went around asking their neighbors about it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 6:57 pm

I live in a well to do part of town and most of my neighbours are quite down to earth and humble.
I keep my house clean and tidy and the front yard is somewhat plain being comprised of inoffensive green grass.
Yes the place is plain looking and garbage is stored out the back until the 3 monthly council cleanup when it gets taken away.
I can't imagine any of the neighbours complaining but who knows.
I don't do Christmas or any other decorations but most of the neighbours are the same.
Maybe I'll get a letter about being too boring or something.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2021, 7:47 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Man I saw this posted on reddit and I don't know what to believe now but they claimed this letter turned out it was written by a landlord who owns a house on that street wanting to sell it and they posed as a neighbor living there. The person who received it went around asking their neighbors about it.

Yes this makes perfect sense. The value of a property is influenced by the state of the neighbor's homes. When my wife and I were looking at property in 2005 we found a beautiful home but two doors down was what looked like a house out of a Mad Max movie with rusted old cars on the front and busted windows. We looked at each and said "no thanks".

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 8:01 am

Sounds like B̶o̶s̶n̶i̶a̶ Boronia to me!

Nemesis2k7
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2022, 5:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
The letter is quite brutal

You can't choose your family, workmates or neighbors.

narcissistic letter. from a self entitled self important idiot. cant stand neighbours like that. always told them to fk off and mind their own..and to get a life. people like that, are jerkoffs..plain and simple. and they dont know your circumstances. and what do they do to help? nothing. i'd tear up the letter and throw it in the trash.