People trusted to assist in the event of emergencies??

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 5:54 pm

Who do we trust to assist in the event of emergencies? Who's names do we put on medical forms asking "Who to contact in case of an emergency?"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 8:16 am

Someone trustworthy in your family. A trusted spouse. A trusted friend. Your primary physician.

AngelL
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2021, 8:36 am

I put 'God'.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 5:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Someone trustworthy in your family. A trusted spouse. A trusted friend. Your primary physician.

Thank-you for your response.

How might even one get-together over the holidays help with additional contacts?

Trusted friends, relatives might live a distance away - hence, is it possible to become acquainted with a trusted person who lives locally, who we would consider - beyond our primary physician?

Any successful experiences?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2021, 7:14 pm

Do you have relatives who live nearby? Friends?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:14 am

You need local friends.

This is one of the reasons why we need a much better-organized autistic community (in the sense of organized subculture) than now exists. To make it easier for us to find compatible friends, some of whom would hopefully become close friends.

Hopefully in the future there will be a wide variety of autistic adult support groups, social groups, career-oriented groups, etc. in every major metro area.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:49 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
You need local friends.

This is one of the reasons why we need a much better-organized autistic community (in the sense of organized subculture) than now exists. To make it easier for us to find compatible friends, some of whom would hopefully become close friends.

Hopefully in the future there will be a wide variety of autistic adult support groups, social groups, career-oriented groups, etc. in every major metro area.

Thank-you for chiming-in:

The discussion thread 'Anybody Feel The Holidays Offer Chances To "Break The Ice?"' in the 'Social Skills & Making Friends Forum' may include experiences important to becoming acquainted with people to whom we can trust!

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2021, 9:54 pm

AngelL wrote:
I put 'God'.

I love that. :lol:

I usually put whoever I'm dating at the time or, if single, one of my few non-estranged family members, then hope no emergency actually occurs, since I know they might not be entirely reliable.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 3:51 am

My parents. If they pass away before me i will have to put "God" also :D

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 5:17 am

i really like that people thought to put God ...... have put in a friends name as my chosen person but she does not live close . 400 miles away but , she is very trustworthy from everything i have been able to tell over the years. :)

where ever you go ,there you are

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2021, 6:13 am

I also have a few close friends who are very supportive, but they live pretty far away.

I completely agree with what Mona Pereth said, i pray and wish for good irl autism communities too.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 7:02 pm

Sorry, I gave-up on 'god' a lonnnnng time ago!

First of all, from my experience, trusted family friends, and relatives would be helpful in the event of emergencies!

To boost our list of trusted people in our lives, consider being proactive by contributing to the following WP discussion threads:

Discussion threads in the 'Social skills & Making Friends' Forum might be helpful in meeting people whom we might just be able to trust in the future!!

* For New Year - New WP Membership, New Perspectives.....

* Call for Video Clips to Encourage Social Skills.

* Friendships W/People Receptive To Adults On Autism Spectrum.

In short, be the (much needed) change we need to see both here on WP, and in the Autism Spectrum world!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2022, 10:23 pm

I always put my daughter's name because she would know my medical history and all my doctors. She has access to my Will (and medical power of attorney). She could tell everyone else. Plus she's young enough to use technology to find addresses or phone numbers, and she has use of my car.

If they ask for a second person, I put my trauma psychologist. She knows what's going on in my life but she also has a list of all my other doctors.

People I don't put:

My mother is old and ill. She doesn't even text or have a smart phone / computer. She doesn't know much about my medications or my doctors' names. She'd likely have a heart attack if she got bad news.

My brother might be a decent-back up but he works a lot and wouldn't be available. He's not good under pressure.

I would put my boyfriend but again, he doesn't know all the names of my doctors. Likewise we don't live together so he isn't next of kin or able to make any decisions. My daughter would contact him asap if there were a problem.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 6:22 pm

Has anybody considered enlisting a 'patient representative?' Any experiences in locating a trusted 'patient representative' BEFORE any potential situations requiring hospitalization?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 7:25 pm

Real serious issue has come back to haunt me..ever since childhood . i found that i do not trust
people easily . better yet most of my life have said, i dont trust anyone . My own mother was partially
responsible for engendering that point of veiw in me. But had many many others over the years reinforce that in me. Do have to say i am never sure. People you would never expect . :|

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 7:36 pm

i have the feeling it will have to be god. nobody else available. but if there were at least one other WPer who lived within 50 miles of me, i volunteer to help them out at least. it would be nice if they could help me out as well.