People trusted to assist in the event of emergencies??

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 3:54 pm

Further information on patient representation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_advocacy

Any experiences with patient representation??

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 6:00 pm

in august 2012 right after my reconstructive surgery on my left elbow [herd of deer knocked me off my bike and shattered it], i was in the hospital and the hospital social worker talked to me about putting me in a nursing home [i needed somebody to look after me as i was weak, but nobody was available] but there was a question of my cheapo medical insurance covering it, but i recovered quickly enough to make that moot.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 6:18 pm

Yaaay for fast healing and determined Auntblabby…..! :salut:

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 6:53 pm

Jakki wrote:
Yaaay for fast healing and determined Auntblabby…..! :salut:

thank you :flower: it was not only the thought of being clapped away in a nursing home [something i will avoid at all costs] but the looming gigantic medical debt i would have racked up if that had happened, as it was i owed them $53k!! the nursing home would have made that a 6-figure debt that i'd never have been able to pay off and i would have ended up living under a bridge somewhere. but i was still sick, i could walk out of the hospital with a limp, and i would have driven myself home [by a wing and a prayer] but luckily somehow my sister showed up from out of town and took me in. saved me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 8:30 pm

Auntblabby and adventures in medical care… and ways to avoid involuntary financial servitude for life . :ninja:

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 1:39 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Further information on patient representation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_advocacy

Anybody consider developing friendships with terrific people experienced with patient advocacy?

Quality people are hard to come by, and keep - yet quality people who are experienced with the formal tasks of patient advocacy also value the more informal sides of friendships too!!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 5:31 pm

i wish i could find friends period. :|

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 7:13 pm

Ouch ....

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 3:15 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

Anybody consider developing friendships with terrific people experienced with patient advocacy?

Quality people are hard to come by, and keep - yet quality people who are experienced with the formal tasks of patient advocacy also value the more informal sides of friendships too!!

Anybody following-through in locating quality people/resources in their communities?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 7:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:

hands Auntblabby a Friendship card ...... :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 7:41 pm

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

hands Auntblabby a Friendship card ...... :D

card gratefully accepted :heart: i sure wish you lived next door to me. fate seems to have put all us compatible aspies thousands of miles apart, though. i blame the principalities of evil for that.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 8:30 pm

glad you could accept it... :D ..... hmm , Jakki starts looking out for those principalities your were talking about .. 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2022, 8:43 pm

Jakki wrote:
glad you could accept it... :D ..... hmm , Jakki starts looking out for those principalities your were talking about .. 8O

best thing you could do, is to not dwell on them. :idea:

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 3:08 pm

Guess what? The parts of forms that ask, 'Do you need an authorized representative?' are those parts of forms where the print seems to jump up - even if the print is not necessarily in bold.

Further print MAY say, 'Call your local office [good luck getting-through to a human being!] if you need to:' appoint an authorized representative to act on your behalf such as a family member, friend, caretaker, advocate [and even attorney] to accompany, assist with [given services, benefits, etc].

I'm able to seek the assistance of a close relative to complete an annual medical benefits eligibility form. Hence, I'm luckier than I think at this time!

In short, in posting, and rereading the above, the purpose of this WP discussion thread (and similar threads) becomes increasingly clear - hence encouraging further feedback!

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 3:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
it was not only the thought of being clapped away in a nursing home [something i will avoid at all costs] but the looming gigantic medical debt i would have racked up if that had happened, as it was i owed them $53k!! the nursing home would have made that a 6-figure debt that i'd never have been able to pay off and i would have ended up living under a bridge somewhere.

8O whoever thought up the US medical system may be one of those principalities, methinks 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2022, 3:34 am

MrsPeel wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
it was not only the thought of being clapped away in a nursing home [something i will avoid at all costs] but the looming gigantic medical debt i would have racked up if that had happened, as it was i owed them $53k!! the nursing home would have made that a 6-figure debt that i'd never have been able to pay off and i would have ended up living under a bridge somewhere.

8O whoever thought up the US medical system may be one of those principalities, methinks 8O

along with the ones that enthusiastically booster for it, like our conservatives to a person.