Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Oct 2021, 11:35 pm

It’s always around this time of year I’m reminded of Amber my favorite cousin who died in 2014 on Good Friday. I’m really taking this hard. She was the closest to a sister my immediate family will ever get. I’ve had her on my mine the past 3 days and it’s tearing me apart inside. :cry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 12:26 am

i struggle in dealing with the madness of this sad world.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2022, 8:24 pm

My father is now gone. Just like my grandparents on both sides of the family. I guess I'll be next, because my mom is strong both physically and emotionally. But I'm not. my relatives tell me I need to be strong, but I'm not. I'm weak and pathetic and should be the one who is dead because my father was a good and kind man, loved by just about everyone he knew, and he was usually happy.

I don't even know what's going to happen in the next few weeks. My relatives seem to think I should go back home and stay with my mom, but I really don't want to move back to the sticks where it's too far away from everything and inconvenient for me to live. But I don't want her to be all alone, either. I might not mind being alone, but she does. But I'll probably just make everything worse, anyway.

Reikistar
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2022, 7:10 am

Aspieangeldude wrote:
It’s always around this time of year I’m reminded of Amber my favorite cousin who died in 2014 on Good Friday. I’m really taking this hard. She was the closest to a sister my immediate family will ever get. I’ve had her on my mine the past 3 days and it’s tearing me apart inside. :cry:

I'm really sorry. Grief is so painful :(

eric_newbie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2022, 11:48 am

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your loss.

Grief is normal. It's even healthy. It's also something that is unique for everyone. People experience it differently, and you shouldn't analyze how you're experiencing it too closely, or compare your experience with other people.

I lost my father a couple of years ago, and it was tough. I didn't cry, or fall apart, but even after all this time, I'll think "I should call Dad, he'd find this interesting," or something like that, and I'll pause, and grieve a little bit. I also know people who lost their spouse, and were quite muted or stunned by everything, only to have grief overwhelm them a year later on their spouse's birthday or on their anniversary.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2022, 8:15 pm

My cousin’s birthday is coming up :( sorry for y’all’s losses as well