Switching bank-accounts to credit unions - experiences?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 4:39 pm

Anybody experiences with switching bank-accounts from major banks to local credit unions? Lately, I've heard that it can be a hassle to close-out bank-accounts>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 8:32 pm

It is all about the money. Banks’ owners use their clients’ money to make more money for themselves. Take your money out and they can no longer use it.

For over a year, I tried to meet with a loan officer from Bank of America (BoA). They were never available for me, as I was active-duty military and had once declared bankruptcy. So I opened an account at a local credit union, and went in to close out my account with BoA.

I spoke with a teller, then the chief teller, then the accounts manager, then the branch assistant manager, then the branch manager, and then the district manager (who “just happened to be nearby”). Each one tried to talk me out of pulling my money out of their system.

They even got their loan officer to (finally) draw up the papers for loan approval!

It was not until I threatened to return with my lawyer that they finally relented. After six hours, the transfer was made. I have not set foot in a BoA ever since.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Expletive01
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2022, 10:01 am

My transfer from a Chase to a Credit Union was no problem, and in the years since I have changed, I haven't regretted it. I am treated better, I have never since had an issue of money being held-up or mystery charges. I highly recommend it. If it's difficult to get away from your bank, that is merely evidence that you are doing the right thing.

ADHD-IA: 9/9
ADHD-H/I: 9/9