Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

emptyenvelope
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2009, 3:27 pm

I agree with what stinkypuppy said.

And I would like to hear what NT's have to say about it, because I know that I can always improve with my relationships as well. But it's hard when it sounds like it's all attacks. The delphi forums kind of sent me over the edge.

auntyjack
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2009, 3:56 pm

Delphi is like a jungle. It can be savage if you do not fit the schema of the forum. I think a lot of the owners are people who are powerless in real life, so online they can be quite brutal.

SpatzieLover
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2011, 3:47 pm

I just found this question in the search and felt the need to reply.

I did join an "NT partners" Yahoo forum last month. 8O WHOA! It is extremely negative, divorcee filled and brutally against Aspies. I'm just NOT a negative person. I can say it was an eye opener. I can also say that I've since had to stop myself from reading the posts.

After reading the replies to this question while I can understand the Aspie viewpoint on not wanting an NT partners area. :? I do wish there were an "area" for the NT's.

I have found some insightful info here. So far I have found Wrong Planet to be a useful tool. It helps for me to understand my loved ones better without the judgment found at other forums.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 12:05 am

SpatzieLover wrote:
I just found this question in the search and felt the need to reply.

I did join an "NT partners" Yahoo forum last month. 8O WHOA! It is extremely negative, divorcee filled and brutally against Aspies. I'm just NOT a negative person. I can say it was an eye opener. I can also say that I've since had to stop myself from reading the posts.

I am not surprised. There is also a place like that too on the Delphi site.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 8:50 pm

Um...a forum for people to "b***h" about their Aspie spouses on a support website for AS.
Does this not seem like a bad idea, in a rather obvious way?
I realize not everyone wants to use it for that purpose, but seriously guys.... :roll:

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

I found something similar... I joined several forums for spouses of BiPolars and found nothing but negativity, hopelessness and dispair. It's like an alcoholic trying to stay sober at Oktoberfest - I have a problem with drinking, you people like drinking, maybe you'll understand... that is not a support community - it's a wallowing-in-cojoined-misery community.

I find a bunch of kids here but that's okay. For the most part people are supportive and quite willing to share.

I suspect strongly that I'm an Aspie after doing the research for my daughter. So I'm AS and the hubby is bipolar and I'm treading in a minefield blindly. I had hoped to find some support - and hopefully someone who might share my interesting conundrum - but no luck yet. I'd appreciate, at least, a sticky that would be too boring for the kids to bother with - something for us more age challenged folks to relax and find some respite.

I think a forum just for NT spouses would open up that ugly can of worms found elsewhere despite the intent. A polite adult thread for spouses of both neuro persuasions might be more effective.