Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 10:27 pm

arg. I usually don't go out to my mailbox(down the street) when it's dark out. But there were Christmas lights out so I thought it was okay.

anyway, I heard some guys whistling, like construction workers do at pretty women. anyway, then in the next moment I hear "Aiiiii b***h!" (disappointed/disgusted like) and another males voice say "Well, I thought she was a Chula!"

Why do men feel the need to do this? So, You saw me in shadow, and when you saw me in the light, you saw my hair wasn't done, i'd hastily thrown on an outfit, and maybe I wasn't to your liking. What right do these men have,(Or boys I saw them in Shadow too) whether seeing me in the dark or not to treat me this way?

I'm a human being, not a sex object. I should be able to step outside my house, whether at night or day, and walk down the street a little ways without being treated like this.

Right now I'm feeling like going over there and slapping those Jerks silly, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be wise.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2009, 10:38 pm

They thought you were attractive and expressed it yet this angered you... no wonder I'm so afraid of girls.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 11:05 pm

harlequinsenor wrote:
They thought you were attractive and expressed it yet this angered you... no wonder I'm so afraid of girls.

ahhh. No, They expressed it, but then they took it back. (By saying "I *thought* she was a Chula) either way it's not considered exactly nice to whistle at women.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 11:30 pm

Don't worry, there are plenty of us guys that are gentlemen, not rude, sexist as*holes. *HUGS*

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 11:35 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Why do men feel the need to do this?

Same reason anyone else acts crude and disrespectful - they're simply crude and disrespectful people at heart.
Period.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2009, 11:38 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
harlequinsenor wrote:

ahhh. No, They expressed it, but then they took it back. (By saying "I *thought* she was a Chula) either way it's not considered exactly nice to whistle at women.

Would you have been angry if they had not taken it back?

TheHaywire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 11:46 pm

Scream at them the following: "Would you like your picture on sexualharassment.com?"

Make sure everybody around them hears you.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 12:43 am

harlequinsenor wrote:
ShadesOfMe wrote:
harlequinsenor wrote:

Would you have been angry if they had not taken it back?

Yes.

I find it very hard to understand. Before this year, men never did such things concerning me, I was against it, but I didn't know how it felt. Now i'm even more against it. Now, it doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen enough to frighten me. One time, I was walking to the park (another thing I started doing this year) and I passed a hotel, just a little one where the occasional tourist goes, medium seediness. any way, a man in a car pulled out and started following me real slow. he then said "Hey baby you need a ride?" I said no, and kept walking. He said "are you sure you don't need a ride...I can take you anywhere you need to go." and he looked me up and down. It was really scary. I would never get into a car with a strange man, especially if he looked at me like that. I really don't think a trip in his car was the ride he wanted.

I don't mind if you want to say "you look nice today." or "you are pretty." Especially if I know you. but if you are a man i don't know, who wants to make either outright lewd comments, or sexual inferences, please don't. it''s frightening.

I guess I should have said "Men." I meant "some men." I'm very lucky to have nice loving men in my life. All my male friends (meaning all my friends) My Father stepfather, Boyfriend, and brother, and my brothers uncle are all very nice men, real gentlemen.

Just in general, I wish people remember that stuff like that can be frightening. We've been sexualized, discriminated and degraded for so long, that especially in today's time we need to get the message out that women are people too, and deserve to be treated as such, not just walking beauty objects.

I love wrongplanet. People are really helpful on here, even if they have different opinions. :)

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:12 pm

Why do women do it?

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:38 pm

why isn't this in the anti-male forum?

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 9:26 pm

1. Women do it too
2. The fact they are womne does not make it good
3. Having male genitalia does not mean i have the same mind as others with the same gentalia therefore I can not know why those that do it do it. I only know my mind

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 5:27 am

Ive had lots of men shout nasty things to me at night, I have found that over the years I am not so hurt or frightened or bothered by it.

When I was a teen I used to be frightened that they would hurt me, and I used to ruminate about what they said and feel bad about my self. Now that Im 30 I think that they are just idiots who need to take out of others to feel big, I dont think they would do anything violent, but I would hurry past the crouds of young men shouting stuff none the less.

*big hugs* ShadesOfMe

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 8:41 am

What does chula mean?

TheHaywire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 12:44 am

OMG I'm an oppressed male! ::yawn::

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 12:09 pm

TheHaywire wrote:
OMG I'm an oppressed male! ::yawn::

i know its stupid, the person is hurt and people can think of is to make a political point "oh women do it too". Its a lot less intimidating when women are bawdy to men, because they are not as strong or likely to assault.

AspiRob
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2009, 3:47 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
arg. I usually don't go out to my mailbox(down the street) when it's dark out. But there were Christmas lights out so I thought it was okay.

anyway, I heard some guys whistling, like construction workers do at pretty women. anyway, then in the next moment I hear "Aiiiii b***h!" (disappointed/disgusted like) and another males voice say "Well, I thought she was a Chula!"

Why do men feel the need to do this? So, You saw me in shadow, and when you saw me in the light, you saw my hair wasn't done, i'd hastily thrown on an outfit, and maybe I wasn't to your liking. What right do these men have,(Or boys I saw them in Shadow too) whether seeing me in the dark or not to treat me this way?

I'm a human being, not a sex object. I should be able to step outside my house, whether at night or day, and walk down the street a little ways without being treated like this.

Right now I'm feeling like going over there and slapping those Jerks silly, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be wise.

Some people are crass and uncultured - period.