Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 4:43 pm

My husband and I need to sell our house. He's dumped the whole ordeal in my lap and won't have anything to do with it. This is not going to be easy. Every Realtor I've interviewed (3 already) has come in here and tried to bully and scare me into signing a contract. They lie to my face and tell me that their commission is non-negotiable and that it's "company policy" that I sign for 180 days and tell me all kinds of things about the local market that are completely laughable. One of them left a lock box here in an attempt to force me to have another contact with her after she insisted that we sign without reading the contract first.

This is such an awful experience!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 7:06 pm

If it were me, I'd call people from a the area who I trust and ask them who is best. Unfortunately, they would be likely to suggest a relative or a close friend regardless of their expertise.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 11:44 pm

Is there a real estate board or some kind of governing body you can consult? Or a better business bureau?

Yeesh - that's stressful!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 12:27 am

Logicalmom wrote:
Is there a real estate board or some kind of governing body you can consult? Or a better business bureau?

Yeesh - that's stressful!

I've never been real impressed with the better business bureau.

As far as I can see, their job is to whitewash problems for "legitimate" businesses. Their customers are those businesses, not people complaining about them.

I think it's all just a bogus facade.

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 6:06 pm

Probably a real estate board is the best bet then - an ethical overseer of the industry ... one hopes.