Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

rickskyscraper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

Greetings,

So, today I went to my initial assessment with a Clinical Psychologist who specializes in Autism. I think she was a bit out of her element, as she typically sees children; her supervisor works with adults though. 2 solid hours of questions; I felt pretty well about answering them, but after the doctor came back after a consultation with the "boss" she decided that I presented a "very complicated case."

The plan is to send me for some further testing in the area of depression and also anxiety. This does seem reasonable, as I am somtimes down, and have tremendous anxiety.

What I want to know about is another test she mentioned. I cannot remember the letters she said, but it was some test for autism severity or something and started with an "A" and had maybe 4 or 5 letters.

Anyone know what this is? Has this been your experience? That is, to have several sub-tests to rule stuff out?

Thanks in advance.

rickskyscraper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jan 2013, 9:24 pm

If this is actually in the wrong section how do I get it moved? Maybe the very top forum is most inclined toward beginner questions.

Again, thanks in advance.

BornThisWay
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jan 2013, 10:24 pm

I'm fairly new here on WP also...I'm also an older adult member. There's a thread that goes over some of the tests and you might recognize the title there. I know that for adults on the spectrum, there are a variety of diagnostic instruments (tests) and categories that are different than those used for children.