Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nelleh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2013, 11:36 am

I'm 50, I'm married, my husband has his own issues, my current home situation lacks the structure that I need to feel ok. I can't get enough time alone, I haven't found a therapist that actually helps me. I leave the office more confused and upset than when I arrived.

The holidays just abt put me in meltdown.....I'm finally starting to see and think clearer and calmer.

Yada yada yada.....

Basically just venting and looking for support.

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 11:48 am

Ditch the therapist. It doesn’t matter WHY it’s not working. That’s her problem.
Your’s is getting away from things that are counter-productive (while wasting time, emotional energy and money).

What are hubby’s issues?

Have you looked for a local Aspie support group? If you live in a fairly populated area, you probably have one.
They’re popping up all over now. If not, can you focus enough to start one yourself?

rickskyscraper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2013, 11:50 am

I am with you! My wife's schedule has changed, my work has been very demanding, the holidays were busy. I'm cooked!! !!

The idea that keeps me alive sometimes is this: For everything there is a season; Today might be overwhelming, but I will find rest tomorrow. Of course, meltdowns do happen in spite of the overt positive nature of the preceding message! But I try to keep it in mind, seasons change, and right NOW is too busy, won't last forever.

Naps help!

Peace

Ditto on the therapist!! !

nelleh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

Thank you both!

I hear you on the naps. I've been taking them here and there which is quite unusual for me.

I live in very rurtal place and haven't found a support group. def can't start one myself.

I'll figure it all out. I always do

My husband has ptsd and tend to be pretty self involved anyway. He is getting lots of help and doing better but has been around the house a lot.

If I can get him to sit down with me and work out a scaedule of times that I can count on him not being home that will help. He is agreeable but very forgetful. As I said he has his own problems.