Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

elsing
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2013, 9:49 pm

I'm trying to understand why I behave differently with some people and not others

My baby brother who is 8 and BF recive frequent eye contact and a huge abundance of affection from me. conversation flows well with me and these two despite even a 20 year age gap with the brother. I find I look forward to these experiences and think of them both as my annomolies

Other people I just don't enjoy the experience of hugging or making eye contact at all and mostly feel drained by any conversation

When my gran died it was my cousin that hugged my mum and sometimes When something unplesent happens i think ought to hug her but it feels logic driven and forced when I do

Anyone else have people can push past the aspie in them

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2013, 10:23 pm

There are just a few people you feel comfortable with. I'm that way.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

elsing
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2013, 11:31 pm

Sadly I have difficulty reciving affection especially unexpectedly and while im busy a hug while washing up or on pc and I just sort of feel myself go stiff

Marc420
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 12:55 am

I am comfortable hugging and making eye contact with my 9 year old brother but go stiff when parents or relatives hug me. I can not recall a time when I put both my arms around my mom or dad when they hug me, I just can't. It doesn't feel right.

restlesspirit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

I do not like hugs from grownups,, i tend to freeze,, kids im a little different with.