Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

On a scale of 1 to 10 how bad were you bullied?
Poll ended at 30 May 2013, 11:18 pm
1 (Not at all) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
4 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
5 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
6 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
7 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
8 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
9 13%  13%  [ 6 ]
10 (every day) 36%  36%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 47

Appleisbetter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2013, 2:53 am

yes i was bullied at school until i was forced into a corner at which point i totally lost all control and severely injured my two attackers putting one in hospital.was never picked on after this incident but have severe anxiety about losing control to that point again as i am now an adult six foot four inches tall and 136 kg or 300 lb and know how easy it would be to end up in jail from throwing one punch this scares me daily as in general i find people frustrating most of the time. :evil:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:53 pm

Yes:
1. In elementary school- It was mostly saying things to get a rise out of me
2. I was shut out of group conversations a few times at age 10
3. Jr High- Kids would say "Simba's dead!" This was because I liked the Lion King
4. I was also isolated by three students from special education while they seemed to play with my emotions.
5. I got lied about all the time.

Nothing as far as being beat up though

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 10:07 pm

I was abused nearly every day. Informally voted the "weirdest," the 'ugliest' and the "girl you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole."in my [large] high school. I remember I would check out books from the school library on how to have friends. The books were from the 1950's[old even then] and talked about being kind, caring, polite, etc. Well, I was ALL of those things. I could not figure out what was wrong with me.
A couple of months after graduating high school I read a book [ I am too emberrassed to give the title] that helped me see how important shallowness is to most people. I went to a park to study how "normal" people behaved. It was there that I met my first boyfriend, a svengali type who taught me how to dress, do my makeup and hair etc. With his connections he got me a job as a bunny checking coats at the Playboy club in DenIver Colorado.
I worked there for 3 weeks. You are almost all so much younger than I am, and therefore will most likely not recognize the names of the celebrities I met. Carol Channing, who said I was delightful and sweet. Dean Martin, Sonny and Cher, and Sammy davis Jr. who said that I was like a doll that he wanted to put in his pocket and take home.
I was floored that in a matter of months I went from 'the ugly weird cow that "no one would touch with a ten foot pole," to the young woman that celebrities were entranced by.[ they couldn't figure out how I could come across so innocent. Ummmm, I WAS innocent, lol]
It felt crazy at the time, and still, 40 years later, it still seems crazy. I am still incredulous at the worship of pretentiousness and lack of appreciation for decency of character by so many NT's.
Craziness on my part? The only thing I have ever stolen in my life was that uniform, down to the cuffs and tail, when I quit that job. I had my picture taken wearing my uniform[and my spackle like makeup, false eyelashes, my fall which was similar to todays clip on hair extensions.]and sent copies to the addresses of some of the cruelest of the torturers I had attended school with. Some of the guys had the gal to actually ask me out[what the heck happened to the ten foot poles?]
I don't know why I chose to share that story in one of my first posts. Maybe because after all these years it still makes no sense. i'm not sure. I know I will NEVER understand why people can be so cruel for no good reason and then later have their tongues hanging out of their heads for just as ridiculous of reasons.

James_At_48_Plus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

I was bullied moderately to badly in elementary school, middle school and the first year of high school. I eventually became somewhat of a bully myself and took to violence and even minor crime. I stopped the whole mess one day in high school when I refused to fight back during an altercation, and turned myself in to the dean, resulting in being expelled for a day, then on probation for the rest of the school year. Nonetheless, I am scarred to this day.