Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2018, 5:40 pm

Picture it...
You've been on the system for as long as you can remember.
You have held down jobs for a very short amount of time or never worked for a living.
Now, have you been on welfare forever? Do you plan to work? Or have you worked, but very seldom?
(seldom = another word in good ol Mom's dictionary meaning rarely or hardly ever)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2018, 11:44 am

I was born with various mental & physical disabilities in addition to my Aspergers that make finding the rite type of job for me extremely difficult. I was on SSI before I started working due to not having any luck with finding a job for a couple years & having a mental breakdown. I stayed on SSI while I was working but not not eligible for any SSI about half the time. After i lost my 3rd job my SSI got switched to Social Security Disability. I'm 35 & I've only worked 38 months of my life. I planned to look for a job after I moved to Vermont to be with my girlfriend but I haven't looked at all in the 5 & half years I've been living here. I had a bit of adjusting to do & then I had other health issues to address & my girlfriend dosn't want me gone for more than a few hours at a time due to anxiety & depression issues. I also kind of want to keep my benefits, SSDI, Medicare, & Medicaid Extra Help. I'm not sure how to go about finding a job where I only work a few hours a day instead of 6 to 10, 4 or 5 days a week. I could rally use alittle extra money thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition