The Dino-Aspie Cafe (for Those 40+... or feeling creaky)

Page 242 of 247 [ 3937 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245 ... 247  Next

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 6:01 am

postpaleo wrote:
It's been a long time since I've had more then a passing interest in this stuff. It was my understanding that in order to do this correctly, you needed to do it on a very personal level. That the general run of the mill forcasts were, umm, how do I put this? Wrong. There is a fair amount of figuring out to do your own charts, that's way people get paid to do this stuff.

For many people it is. My sun sign is Libra, but I'm cusp of Scorpio and I have Scorpio rising. Needless to say, I act Scorpio most of the time. Or, I'm back and forth, looking at all sides of the situation when suddenly that Scorpion tail whips up and stings the crap out of someone. Then, I go back to be the fair and kind Libra. It confuses everyone. 8O

If dh knew, he'd love the fact that I'm Scorpio-infused. He gets some major benefits out of that!

to save me from ruin

Last edited by ZanneMarie on 05 Jun 2007, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 6:41 am

Oh shoot, I've been sprung :( :oops:

My deputy came in today and told me that it was noticeable that I've been procrastinating a lot lately. They then went on to describe exactly how they think I procrastinate. The annoying thing is they were damn well spot on, and it's hard to refute something when you know yourself that it's all true.

I let them have time if necessary to do personal things, but I get "it's been noticed that you're leaving a lot to pick your kids up from school". So f***ing what? And besides, it's been twice in the last 2 months - hardly "a lot" - and I always clear it with my boss & make the time up by working at home :? Why is it wrong for me to do and yet I am so flipping accommodating when they have personal problems?

As predicted, they also mentioned that my "angry outbursts" at people recently have been put down to me not being able to control my temper, and not a legitimate expression of how I feel. Why can everyone else express themselves forcefully, but not me?

Grrr - the most annoying thing is that the underlying message is right. I know it's right and I know I should have done something about it ages ago. You just don't want people pointing it out to you :oops:

Geez, just 25 years to retirement :roll:

Sorry - rant over. Thank you if you managed to make it all the way through it :lol:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 6:54 am

ZanneMarie wrote:
For many people it is. My sun sign is Libra, but I'm cusp of Scorpio and I have Scorpio rising. Needless to say, I act Scorpio most of the time. Or, I'm back and forth, looking at all sides of the situation when suddenly that Scorpion tail whips up and stings the crap out of someone. Then, I go back to be the fair and kind Libra. It confuses everyone. 8O

If dh knew, he'd love the face that I'm Scorpio-infused. He gets some major benefits out of that!

I don't know about anything rising anymore, well I do, there's just not much to be done about it. Since there isn't much to be done about that, I guess there is nothing I can do about being a cusp kid too. Leo, on the cusp with Virgo.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 7:19 am

This is a net thing, based on your birth date. The Wife says it isn't me at all, but she's full of it. She just knows the me since we've been together. Now there are parts of this that come and go, depending on coping skills working or not. The part about making friends is very dependent on the skills working or not. I guess alcohol is to be considered a drug in the over indulgent part. Food I could give a s**t about, but, lol....

Your Life Path Number is 5

Your purpose in life is to life freely and collect experiences.

You love life - new adventures, new people, new ideas.
You are very curious, and you crave novelty in all forms.
You tend to make friends easily, and you enjoy the company of all types of people.

In love, you are fun and even a bit intoxicating. But you won't stick around for long.

You are impulsive and spontaneous - which sometimes leads you to do things you regret.
Sometimes you can be overindulgent with food, sex, or drugs.
You have many talents, so many that you are often scattered and unfocused.

I got the link for this in the hello I'm new section, under this thread title, ASD and Spirituality. Going to Gahana's site (by hitting the www button under her name) will show you a link for this little piece of info. If you don't care to hunt it up and I thought her post here and her site to be interesting, you can just hit this link to go straight to the fill in birthday date. http://www.blogthings.com/whatisyourlifepathnumberquiz/ click on the "faceplate/plain text" check box to avoid trouble reading the results.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 8:50 am

Cernunnos wrote:
Oh shoot, I've been sprung :( :oops:

My deputy came in today and told me that it was noticeable that I've been procrastinating a lot lately. They then went on to describe exactly how they think I procrastinate. The annoying thing is they were damn well spot on, and it's hard to refute something when you know yourself that it's all true.

I let them have time if necessary to do personal things, but I get "it's been noticed that you're leaving a lot to pick your kids up from school". So f***ing what? And besides, it's been twice in the last 2 months - hardly "a lot" - and I always clear it with my boss & make the time up by working at home :? Why is it wrong for me to do and yet I am so flipping accommodating when they have personal problems?

As predicted, they also mentioned that my "angry outbursts" at people recently have been put down to me not being able to control my temper, and not a legitimate expression of how I feel. Why can everyone else express themselves forcefully, but not me?

Grrr - the most annoying thing is that the underlying message is right. I know it's right and I know I should have done something about it ages ago. You just don't want people pointing it out to you :oops:

Geez, just 25 years to retirement :roll:

Sorry - rant over. Thank you if you managed to make it all the way through it :lol:

dang, that's cold! ( if you can use an obscure British meaning (sprung) let me reciprocate by returning it with an American slang.)

I hate it when people peg me spot on, and I have no damned defense. Even worse is when I go along with their evaluation when I DON'T see it because it might just be my damned AS not letting me see the obvious! and I get marks off for asking them to demonstrate to me where it was 'that bad, really'

I feel for ya, Cerrenos

Merle

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 10:24 am

Hi, all! I've been lurking here waiting until I had something useful to say. The astrology talk got to me and I had to come out of hiding!! I love astrology!

Your Life Path Number is 11

Your purpose in life is to inspire others

Your amazing energy draws people to you, and you give them great insight in return.
You hold a great amount of power over others, without even trying.
You have the makings of an inventor, artist, religious leader, or prophet.

In love, you are sensitive and passionate. You connect with your partner on a very deep level.

You have great abilities, but you are often way too critical of yourself.
You don't fit in - and instead of celebrating your differences, you dwell on them.
You have high expectations of yourself. But sometimes you set them too high and don't achieve anything.

It is very right. Except for the great insight part.
Cool, I can start my own religion. :twisted: The science fiction author that started a church movement that is big in the States once said that you can't get rich being an author, you need to start your own religion. And I would say he proved that point a million times over.

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 10:51 am

Hi all,

I did the Life Path Number thing as well and got the result below! Oh the irony :D

I think this is the complete opposite of me, except the bit about always expecting others to be like me.

Your Life Path Number is 1

Your purpose in life is to lead others.

You have great drive and determination. Nothing is going to stand in your way.
You seek out challenges and the spotlight. You'll take all the work - and all the glory.
Status and success are important to you. You demand the best from everyone and everything.

In love, you tend to take a protective role. You enjoy being the provider in relationships.

You expect others to be like you, and as a result, you are often disappointed.
A little selfish and vain, you always put yourself first.
Remember, everyone already knows you're great - you don't need to remind them!

What Is Your Life Path Number?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatisyourlifepathnumberquiz/

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:06 am

sinsboldly wrote:
dang, that's cold! ( if you can use an obscure British meaning (sprung) let me reciprocate by returning it with an American slang.)

I hate it when people peg me spot on, and I have no damned defense. Even worse is when I go along with their evaluation when I DON'T see it because it might just be my damned AS not letting me see the obvious! and I get marks off for asking them to demonstrate to me where it was 'that bad, really'

I feel for ya, Cerrenos

Merle

Thanks Merle,

I'll get through it all somehow - I usually do. It's just embarrassing that what I thought was a carefully constructed front, supposedly hiding my shortcomings, has been so easily hacked away.

I'm not even sure I'm using "sprung" in the right context - sometimes I half hear things and end up making up my own little meanings to words :D .

For years as a teenager I thought you called idiot's "stools" when it should have "tools" (possibly UK slang again). :lol:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 11:11 am

She used ol hippy slang when she used a "k" to spell American. Now I wonder if she stole that book.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 8:52 pm

We must have a lot in common, then, Igor. . .

Merle

Your Life Path Number is 1

Your purpose in life is to lead others.

You have great drive and determination. Nothing is going to stand in your way.
You seek out challenges and the spotlight. You'll take all the work - and all the glory.
Status and success are important to you. You demand the best from everyone and everything.

In love, you tend to take a protective role. You enjoy being the provider in relationships.

You expect others to be like you, and as a result, you are often disappointed.
A little selfish and vain, you always put yourself first.
Remember, everyone already knows you're great - you don't need to remind them!

What Is Your Life Path Number?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatisyourlifepathnumberquiz/

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 9:07 pm

blessedmom wrote:
Cool, I can start my own religion. :twisted: The science fiction author that started a church movement that is big in the States once said that you can't get rich being an author, you need to start your own religion.

oh? tell that to JK Rowling!

:wink:

Merle

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 10:13 pm

I didn't say it, Ron L. Hubbard did and I believe the Church of Scientology that he started has made far more money than J.K. Rowlings. It is neither here nor there. I was just making a quip about my life path number saying that I would make a good religious leader. I forget that everything that I say on here is taken seriously and I seem to offend everyone.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2007, 10:46 pm

He had to start a religon, he stunk as an author. Bahahahaa!!

Can I be a minor deciple? I never tried that gig before. I can sell anything if I believe in the product. I want a cut of the prophets though. Or how ever you spell that religous stuff.

You've got to try a lot harder if you want to offend me. I am an offense. That's a hint on how to do it.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 7:59 am

blessedmom wrote:
I didn't say it, Ron L. Hubbard did and I believe the Church of Scientology that he started has made far more money than J.K. Rowlings. It is neither here nor there. I was just making a quip about my life path number saying that I would make a good religious leader. I forget that everything that I say on here is taken seriously and I seem to offend everyone.

oh, no! didn't you see the :wink: WINK?? :wink:

honey, I was just kidding. . I knew you were talking about Hubbard and his church. . I was just . . well. . .

making a quip about your quip - seriously, why would it matter to me and there was no offense, I assure you, sweetie!

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 8:02 am

My cat is missing.
has been since last night
big downpour yesterday and might have washed away the markings he left to find his way home
it is 5 AM and I have been walking the streets for a couple of hours. I have accounted for all the neighbor cats ( they were very curious and came out to me when I was calling) but no Shang Hai. . no makusla. . .

crap, I lost my last cat this way and it damned near killed me. . .

so I need you to all call my cat home. . he wants his breakfast where ever he is. .

Merle

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 8:40 am

sinsboldly wrote:
My cat is missing.
has been since last night
big downpour yesterday and might have washed away the markings he left to find his way home
it is 5 AM and I have been walking the streets for a couple of hours. I have accounted for all the neighbor cats ( they were very curious and came out to me when I was calling) but no Shang Hai. . no makusla. . .

crap, I lost my last cat this way and it damned near killed me. . .

so I need you to all call my cat home. . he wants his breakfast where ever he is. .

Merle

Oh, no!! I will envision your kitty coming home. I know the horrible feeling of a missing pet. :cry: Please let us know when he comes home.