Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

celllaa95
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2016, 5:18 pm

Is the anyone that has truble too think in difrents ways? Like... At work, I am working alot with numbers, and money etc.. Its hard to explain but, sometimes I have to do thinks diferent to get the numbers too bee corect.

I have always my own way to do things, and when someone try to explain things for me, its not always i can see what they mean. It can bee a simpel thing. I have my own way, and they have another way to do the same thing at work.

I dont kow if anyone uderstand, but I realy strugel to think in the same way that other does. I rember i strugel in math too, because of this

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 12:36 am

I have struggled with this issue.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

noumena
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2016, 5:05 am

So what is the problem here? Are they getting upset with you for not doing things the way they told you to? If it is getting done properly I don't see why doing it your way should be a problem.

celllaa95
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Mar 2016, 2:30 am

Sometimes I need some help to get the accunting rigth. I have a "one way thinking"' and I just take my work for a exsempel. Its alot of sitovasion, like if I gonne undersand, they have to explain it to me atlest 10 times. Just wondring if things like this, happen to anyone in here

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 12:47 pm

I think that having a different way of viewing problems, and learning new things, is not unusual for autistic people. It is well known, for example, that some autistic people think inside their head with pictures rather than words - Temple Grandin is probably the most famous example of this.

I have often found it very difficult to learn anything by copying other people - I have to use trial and error to work out my own way to do it, which can frustrate the person who is trying to teach me. If they show me how do to something with their hands, I simply cannot follow it, or translate it into the same motions for my hands (I have sensory issues with proprioception which may partly explain this).

As noumena said, if you get a job done to the required standard and in good time, then there is no reason that anyone should be critical of how you achieve it - everyone needs a little bit of help, or a second opinion, sometimes in their work, not just autistic people.