Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 10:56 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
What I find extremely interesting about this Wrong Planet: a lot of people here act…behave no different to everyone else “out there” in the non-disordered world, and I’m not speaking of people who throw useless and meaningless insults; I’m speaking of behaviour that appears perfectly “normal” [and NT] to me, i.e., misunderstanding runs rampant through here when one should think that this is the last place it’d be located…people expect and/or assume the worst of each other when it’s clearly impossible to assume either way….

Perhaps there’s a greater detachment between the disorder and the person’s social personality than I’m led to believe, perhaps the only difference is overt social interaction when in the physical world – where there’s no physical world it’s the same as the supposed “normal” people.

I think though that once some Aspies learn the "rules" they may even demand more adherence to those rules. So that could lead to more misunderstandings. They have been taught to assume an NT mindset that if someone does this or that they are being rude - so they get even more upset.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2007, 11:01 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I have noticed the same thing...

Yes…it’s easy to sift through the “bravado” as you call it, and notice that this just an accentuation, a projection or a cloak of who said individuals sees themselves.

I’ve always attached my objectivity and hyper logic to the autism; retroactively and now, for the past couple of months of knowing I’m disordered…. I’ve been to many forums before and everyone behaves the same, i.e., just us and the computer screen so we are the “real” us when we press the enter key, or how we see ourselves. I fitted in fine.

I’m sure some professionals are having a field day with us field mice.

*Daniels waves to the big brains in white cloaks*

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 4:38 am

Danielismyname wrote:

I’m sure some professionals are having a field day with us field mice.

Yes, I've been thinking along those lines myself. Or maybe I'm just paranoid. 8O Nah, we are probably just mice in a huge psychological experiment. Can I have my cheese now please? :lol:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 5:38 am

bizarre wrote:
RainSong wrote:
calandale wrote:
If you have a complaint, there
is an overmoderation sticky.
Probably a better place to
bring the issue to light.

Does anyone ever actually complain there? :? With all due respect, I would be uncomfortable as all get out to post a complaint against a mod anywhere (whether or not I had one), but especially on a board devoted to them.
Kosmonaut's approach may be flawed, but I wouldn't dismiss him at once.

If anyone has a complaint about one of the "mods" they should pm Alex about it. That
is what I would do.

Thing is, I'm not certain how much he pays attention to such comments.
Sure, if it's an egregious violation, it makes sense, but I would guess that
most of us are simply trying to do the best that we can here, and some
advice from the members wouldn't be harmful, for most of us.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 12:53 pm

You cannot always talk reasonable with the Mods if they are an over-dramatic, prima-donna who you know will run to the Haven and threaten to commit suicide if someone disagrees with her.

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 2:56 pm

You seem to have a "beef" going with someone. Why don't you pm me and explain, as I don't have it on my tag, but I am a mod.
I'm on at odd times, so don't expect an answer immediately.
btdt

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 8:39 pm

[quote="Apatura"]While I don't think it should be done lightly, if you ever feel you need to block a member's posts from view, you can use the following firefox ad-on:

http://www.greasespot.net/

do you know if greasepot lets you make a blanket block on everyone and then unblock selected members?

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:40 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Perhaps there’s a greater detachment between the disorder and the person’s social personality than I’m led to believe, perhaps the only difference is overt social interaction when in the physical world – where there’s no physical world it’s the same as the supposed “normal” people.

That's what I noticed when I first came here, which sort of irked me because I feel like this site is useless for me unless it's a sanctuary - if people want to use it as a place to act NT because they lack the hardware to do that IRL then that's fine for them, but it screws with my romantic "aspies against the world and united with each other" ideal conception of the community, which is why, ironically enough, I like the block feature. Do you know if there's any way to use this plugin to change the color scheme of the site?

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:46 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
do you know if greasepot lets you make a blanket block on everyone and then unblock selected members?

:P

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 8:10 am

bizarre wrote:
You cannot always talk reasonable with the Mods if they are an over-dramatic, prima-donna who you know will run to the Haven and threaten to commit suicide if someone disagrees with her.

Amen! I watched a nice little chatter get thrown out with the bath water by just such hysterics. It was painful to watch.

Merle

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 12:59 pm

But I'm not a mod...LOL.

What's sad is we probably all know exactly who you're talking about.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 2:39 pm

Not I ! !

I remain blissfully ignorant of the various complaining that goes on...

No clue as to whom is being discussed here.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 2:32 am

Calandale, Bizarre has left! She has not been here since Friday. I have tried to stay out of this argument as much as possible, hoping for an amicable resolution but unfortunately that hasn't happened. I think it's very unfair of you to direct remarks to a member who has already left and therefore cannot defend herself.

(The post to which I am referring has been deleted. Must remember to use the quote thingy next time. I wasn't talking to myself, LOL)

Last edited by Starr on 22 May 2007, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 2:36 am

I didn't realize this.
But given that others
have been piling on the
bandwagon here, I shall
not delete it.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 2:46 am

This has been a damaging situation, feelings have been badly hurt on both sides. It has been painful to see. But it is still unfair to direct remarks to a member who is not here.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 2:48 am

Bizarre hasn't been banned, has she?