Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

DrewLewis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2016, 1:05 pm

Living in a small town can be a real pain in the butt sometimes. There is nobody I can relate to. It's also tough when you have no car to travel either. I have taken the written test dozens of time's but I keep failing. I just wish my life can be better than it is now. I need some kind of miracle, a sign of hope that life will get better. :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 5:49 pm

You'll probably pass the written test once you learn about the DUI laws of Kentucky. DUI questions sometimes are 1/3 to 1/4 of the questions.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 6:24 pm

If you're talking about the written driving test, request a booklet/manual on the driving rules from the place, and then study it well....that should help the test. I am surprised they didn't give you the driving manual to study before your test as i thought that was standard practice.

But yeah you're not going to pass the test without studying the material.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 9:40 pm

Find a drivers ed booklet, study that and then find online practice tests for your state and repeatedly do them until you get 100%, then do the real test.

DrewLewis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2016, 6:04 am

Thank you for the advice everyone. There is a site called drivers-test.org. it has been helpful so far.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2016, 2:17 am

I hope I'm not discouraging you, but we on the autistic spectrum have always had trouble finding people we can relate to. Luckily, I've had a few friends I could carry on an intelligent conversation with through the years, but most people I know are either as dumb as a post, and/or have interests that don't coincide with mine, such as sports, auto mechanics, business, etc. That doesn't mean you're doomed to be surrounded by jocks and cretins. Good luck - I know personally how tough it can be to find like minded friends.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 2:34 am

i've always felt like an island, here too sometimes, but it's nice to associate with other fellow islands. i've met some great islands.

the writing test is meh here, it is the behind the wheel portion that kills me. :|

good luck.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 9:23 am

How do you fail the test soo many times that crap costs a lot of money to take all the time and fail. Not 100% sure but last time I heard it was $70 to take the test or something.

DrewLewis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Oct 2016, 2:23 pm

This is a update on the subject. I have recently pass the written DMV Test a few weeks ago and I have a new job. The next two steps for me is saving money to move into a new home and buying a car. Wish me luck.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2016, 4:27 pm

Just last Thursday, Cuddle had invited my wife and I to her small but hopefully growing Aspie group on Spokane's South Hill neighborhood (in a beautiful, revitalized former Catholic school dating back to old west times). There, I was able to interact with some local Aspies. It in fact felt a bit like WP, but without the few rude bullies to try to sour the experience.

candleghost
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2016, 7:30 pm

I've never fit in anywhere, which is why I joined WP. It'd be nice to find more aspies in the city I live in, but I'm quite isolated right now. Hopefully, as I work toward getting a job, I'll meet more people and find somewhere I feel I belong.

EScissorhands
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2016, 3:14 pm

DrewLewis wrote:
Living in a small town can be a real pain in the butt sometimes. There is nobody I can relate to. It's also tough when you have no car to travel either. I have taken the written test dozens of time's but I keep failing. I just wish my life can be better than it is now. I need some kind of miracle, a sign of hope that life will get better. :cry:

Please don't look for autistics on the road, the only warmth you will feel is the sun on your face. Stick to the internet, it is your best chance. There are bad equations in this world which prevent our gathering, the math doesn't support it.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 7:13 pm

For anyone that is even a little "different" than average, your chance of finding like minded people is greater the more population you can draw from. If you are a small-town person, you might not fit in very well in New York City or London, with all the noise and distractions, but maybe a mid-size city would offer you a better chance of finding people like yourself.