Page 6 of 11 [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 1:37 am

auntblabby wrote:

thank you so much for that article. i will discuss it with my doctor (if i can get him to come to my place, because, idiotically there is a 20 step stairway descent to the clinic. i may get down, but coming back up is terrifying).

i am not sure what i will do. i do not experience distress when i am calmly sitting at my desk. it's only when i start to move that i suddenly realize my incapacity.

look at these 2 videos if you will. the first one is a video from 3 years ago. he is talking about his life with emphysema.

the second one is quite distressing to watch. it was only a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUecUEkECrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Dc9orAsi8&t=370s

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 2:20 am

how much help does the Buteyko breathing method give to you?

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2018, 5:44 am

More quiet places, less small talk, jobs that focus on skill and of course, more cash :)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2018, 8:50 am

^ Yes, yes and definitely yes on the last ones!

czarsmom
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jul 2018, 8:51 pm

An opportunity to have an advocate to accompany me to places, and to help me read people and social situations.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:39 pm

A relationship with someone who needs me and i can look after.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 2:11 pm

A powerful exoskeleton that filters & interprets incoming stimuli.

emilyjh75
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Aug 2018, 8:05 pm

Occupational therapy and/or personal assistant and/or life skills classes. Could really use support in very basic areas. I've been on my own since I was 17, raised three kids, and still really struggle to handle shopping, paying bills, and personal hygiene. I make it work, and my kids are awesome, but every one of them, once they reach a certain age, is more able to function normally than I am. I could really use someone to walk me through things on a regular and very basic level. This is difficult to explain to other adults, since I appear so verbal and functional, and because I have such high intelligence in many areas.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2018, 8:07 pm

emilyjh75 wrote:
Occupational therapy and/or personal assistant and/or life skills classes. Could really use support in very basic areas. I've been on my own since I was 17, raised three kids, and still really struggle to handle shopping, paying bills, and personal hygiene. I make it work, and my kids are awesome, but every one of them, once they reach a certain age, is more able to function normally than I am. I could really use someone to walk me through things on a regular and very basic level. This is difficult to explain to other adults, since I appear so verbal and functional, and because I have such high intelligence in many areas.

pardon me, but can you tell me how occupational therapy would factor into your needs?

emilyjh75
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Aug 2018, 11:50 am

Quote:
pardon me, but can you tell me how occupational therapy would factor into your needs?

Help with ADLs, personal hygiene, life skills, things like that. Not so much the physical aspect of things as the mental/emotional side of coping with doing ADLs. I guess since I've been living on my own for so long, I don't really need to be told exactly how it's done, but I just thought it would be nice to have someone just be emotionally supportive.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2018, 6:41 pm

emilyjh75 wrote:
Quote:

Help with ADLs, personal hygiene, life skills, things like that. Not so much the physical aspect of things as the mental/emotional side of coping with doing ADLs. I guess since I've been living on my own for so long, I don't really need to be told exactly how it's done, but I just thought it would be nice to have someone just be emotionally supportive.

hmm, rather like a personal coach. still, you seem to have done pretty well to raise 3 kids solo. :wtg:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2018, 9:00 pm

A mind reading device, so I can know what some people’s motives actually are. It would’ve been a huge help beginning around 10 years ago.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2018, 9:11 pm

mee too! :idea:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2018, 10:13 pm

A long-range jetpack!

auntblabby
Veteran