Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LucidFish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Apr 2019, 11:10 pm

My immune system sucks, has been messed up for 5 years. Since it 'broke' my autistic traits are more and more dominant and I'm really hypersensitive to busy places and noises. I've tried to do some work but it's been a disaster trying to communicate with my boss and get work done. I've had flatmates and while my previous long terms ones were easy to get on with, any news ones I get I have a real problems getting along with and I don't feel at peace in my home with strangers in the house. Not by choice, most of my life is spent at home.

I'm trying to finish up work and I think I'm at the point that I may not be able to work again. I'm really struggling to find purpose in my life at the moment. I'm defaulting to watching youtube and playing the odd game. I have little social interaction other than friends that I play board games with every few weeks. It seems my immune system won't improve again and I'm prepared to accept this is the way it is. I'm keen to live by myself but I can't really afford to. I collect tropical fish though I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm for them. I want to do more art and I'm trying to accumulate supplies, but I'm hobby artist not anything more.

With little disposable money, I'm trying to work out how to have meaningful days and make the most of what little energy I have. Maybe make a little money along the way. I'm also wondering if I should be pushing to be able to live on my own, but that will likely mean moving a reasonable distance away from the few friends I have left. I just don't know where I'm going with my life. I feel that my current life situation isn't working and I would like to be intentional about changing it. I just don't know what to change and I'm getting nowhere discussing it with myself....

Thanks for reading, any thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 12:24 am

The meaning and purpose of life are still up for debate, so an individual can only guess if they are in harmony with it. So, I did an inventory of my talents that I found interesting, and developed them. I had heard "Do what you love, and the money will follow." This was coined by someone in a field of general interest to philanthopists, and is not very universal. However, if you are passionate about a project, others are often attracted to help keep it going.
The world is in chaos now, either dying or re-building itself sustainably. I'd recommend getting involved in that struggle as being very timely.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 9:34 am

Plenty of people do what they love and the money did not follow

Not everyone can do what they love

For example, blind people can't drive Nascar (yet)

LucidFish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Apr 2019, 8:32 pm

Thanks for replies. I'm not looking for the big answer to life, just some little ones that make each day a bit more meaningful even if I'm just doing chores and the like... The job I've been trying to do is my dream job so it's a shame to have to give it up. My brain and energy just won't allow it at the moment.

Really the only thing I do socially these days is board games, so I've made the decision to try design some board games. Doesn't matter if anyone likes them, I can make them as simple or complex as my brain can comprehend. Maybe some friends kids get some enjoyment from them?