does anyone else with a.s. feel that life has been a waste?

Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 10:32 pm

damned internet congestion in my neck o' the woods wouldn't let me fix my post, i meant to say i paid $150/month back in '82, in a somewhat seedy part of town.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 10:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
damned internet congestion in my neck o' the woods wouldn't let me fix my post, i meant to say i paid $150/month back in '82, in a somewhat seedy part of town.

imagine if u had no morals and were involved in arms dealings, progressing in it
you would be rich--respected therefore, as thats how the world works..
and have apartments not for rent, but OWNed..
but idk how such people are punished for knowingly actively contributing to horrible things... they just seem to be fine, most evil people (with brains enough to be evil in a legal way), get everything in life that other people struggle for (e.g. a home to live in)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 10:48 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

imagine if u had no morals and were involved in arms dealings, progressing in it you would be rich--respected therefore, as thats how the world works.. and have apartments not for rent, but OWNed..but idk how such people are punished for knowingly actively contributing to horrible things... they just seem to be fine, most evil people (with brains enough to be evil in a legal way), get everything in life that other people struggle for (e.g. a home to live in)

in an earlier era, we'd say that such lucky folk had sold their souls to the devil in exchange for a life of ease.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 11:07 pm

Yeah but what's the consequence? At least there was the sense of being ostracized (if it became common knowledge), shame, etc. If anyone was known to be rich by dishonest means, a 'legal crook' , a scammer, arms dealer, etc.

Now there's none of that, in fact, such people are celebrated and/or nobody cares where/how the money came from, they just elevate the person without any qualms or disgust.

Maybe envied for being able to 'rise to the top', seeking more and more wealth, no matter what. Ruthlessly.
(not saying most people with $$ are immoral or acquired it in this way, this is for comparison)

Arguably, in the moral sense, as well as what they contribute to society--their life is a waste. Not just zero, t it is in the minuses (-1000000, or however much devastation they caused innocents)

However, as per this thread, someone already born with impairments, sensitivities, obstacles,
and having suffered as a result, has a wasted life. But much of it they have no control over.

Being on welfare or disability benefits, however, is sniggered at. It's looked down on, often. It's seen as laziness, 'sissy' etc, without reason. ( as per people i've heard).

Wouldn't that disparity, reflect society's overall misguided response-- valuing money and power above all--
to the point of turning a blind eye, virtually, to the enablers/benefactors and beneficaries, of conflict/mass murder around the world?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 11:17 pm

moral uprightness isn't akin to a democracy, it doesn't matter if a majority or a tiny minority strive to moral excellent and eschew dark dealings. just one person is enough in god's eyes. the rest either will eventually evolve, or they won't.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 11:32 pm

but to keep in mind 'a waste' - why i'm relating this to the thread...

this has very real consequences which can be abuse, debt, poverty, etc.

Why this disrespect to people in vulnerable positions (perhaps lifelong, and a disrespect they internalize)- but respecting people who literally thrive (monetarily) off of destroying people/countries, harming families, etc?

Not just arms dealings (thats just the most blatant example i can think of), but people like that,. they have kids, families, and are fine. Their kids get decent lives, etc/

No accountability for such people, why?
The 'wasted' people arent wasted entirely because of their (born with) deficiencies/differences/disability ...
Also because
society regardless likes to treat THEM like the criminals in various ways , society chooses not to include them from a young age (perhaps birth), people heap the blame on them, the responsibility of the situation being entirely the person's (when they clearly dont have the ability in the first place ).

It's backwards, so like maybe a life hasn't been a waste.

Maybe it is a story of triumph over daily obstacles, challenges built in to your life that the person cannot get rid of (through no fault of ur own).

Couldn't the 'wasted lives' in reality be led by people such as disingenuous businessmen, arms dealers, organizations misusing funds, dishonest lawyers, legalized scammers, etc.

But it isn't really, since they and their families end up thriving. They just were able to work out what rewards them the most, quickest, and did that.
\
So the only thing left to call a waste, i think, is society, people, attitudes, prioritizing and rewarding certain things too much over real values/morals/humanity.

That's where the word 'waste' might truly apply in this case (thread-wise).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2019, 11:37 pm

this life is a moral/ethical test, the ones who succumb to evil [dark dealings in order to advance ahead of other people by cheating] failed the test and in the hereafter will not advance but in fact spend time in purgatory. the ones on earth who resisted evil in life, will in heaven advance and eventually not need to reincarnate. so it is an ethical choice, as expressed in the book of Matthew 6:24, "Ye cannot serve God and mammon. No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else."

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 12:07 am

Three cheers for kraftie ....... & high hopes for Aunt Blabbie..

Do not know how to express this ... as growing up , am wondering if my being maladaptive behaviour did not actually served me in some manner. Besides being very gullible at most times prior to now.
By 5 yrs old had been taught about concepts concerning the end of the world by some ,.
Unknowingly torturous family by 6 yr. Was introduced to concepts of suicide by parents . Arguements , used as pawn between them. Why not the 2 older nt brothers instead ?
Regarding topics of self destruction . And other very distasteful concepts , would hope to never to introduce to any child until adulthood.Tough things to cope with given , later being introduced to heaven and hell about the same time. Bless their hearts though , was shhoo..d away when asking why questions . And sent off to the encyclopedia for answers .books did not lie . ? And had learned reading and writing 5-6 yrs old. Phonetics , and context was learned early too. Finished the encyclopedia before 7 yrs . Then accidentally was learning by being a autodidact ..
And all the beatings and mental anguish. Is hard ,but if your practiced at seeing something coming
And knowing not to be there before it happened. Is that avoidance behaviour , is that.......? .
After over 10 yrs . Does that become something like ? Foreknowledge . Can write this candidly now? Have applied this many times successfully .
In all seriousness . In my actual life experiences , without exaggeration. The odds of me having lived this long . Were / are virtually nil. Oddly enough , am aware , i did help a few people along my way. And euthanisation was always trying to relieve and tortured mind .And those thoughts . Still looking back ,those people i helped , maybe helped someone else..Or maybe , i was just a good sucker. Sometimes for sure . But other times ,, just maybe not.?

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 12:11 am

you and i and the rest of us here, are all taking the road less traveled, and in the end we will be better for it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 12:20 am

auntblabby wrote:
you and i and the rest of us here, are all taking the road less traveled, and in the end we will be better for it.

Ty AuntBlabby ,, but , me thinks i missed a turn off somewhere ... :!: :wink: :wall:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 12:31 am

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Ty AuntBlabby ,, but , me thinks i missed a turn off somewhere ... :!: :wink: :wall:

that is only natural to feel we jumped into the wrong lifetimes. it is like taking the polar bear plunge, we're saying to ourselves as we suffer, "what fresh hell is this?!" but when we climb back up out of the water into the warmth of heaven, we're glad we got it out of the way and don't have to do it anymore. it is like what ted turner said about how "life is kind of like a b-grade movie, in that while we wouldn't walk out before the end of it, neither again would we wish to see it again."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 5:25 am

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

We did not take the road less traveled or take a wrong turn we were put there at the beginning of our lives. By now a lot of us have noticed it is the road to hell. We have options not always good ones but we have them. We can continue on the way to hell or even start running towards hell to get it all over with. Or we can get off the road. We might have found another way to hell but there is chance we will avoid hell, a chance that is non existent if we stay on the road we are on.

What was that about autistics not understanding metaphors?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 10:06 am

Nothing said here can be applied to all ASDers is my understanding. There are certain aspects which it is only possible for outsiders (family teachers therapists etc) to help with. The blame cannot be put upon the autistic person in such cases esp as the mistakes may add up over a lifetime. Thinking of severe ASD

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 11:20 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

We did not take the road less traveled or take a wrong turn we were put there at the beginning of our lives. By now a lot of us have noticed it is the road to hell. We have options not always good ones but we have them. We can continue on the way to hell or even start running towards hell to get it all over with. Or we can get off the road. We might have found another way to hell but there is chance we will avoid hell, a chance that is non existent if we stay on the road we are on.

What was that about autistics not understanding metaphors?

LOOOOOOLzzzzzzzz .. what me...? Surely not ?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 11:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

that is only natural to feel we jumped into the wrong lifetimes. it is like taking the polar bear plunge, we're saying to ourselves as we suffer, "what fresh hell is this?!" but when we climb back up out of the water into the warmth of heaven, we're glad we got it out of the way and don't have to do it anymore. it is like what ted turner said about how "life is kind of like a b-grade movie, in that while we wouldn't walk out before the end of it, neither again would we wish to see it again."

Wait ......? Uhm .. heaven .. please , what is it your identifying as heaven ?

Life is at its best nowadays when . I am asleep . At least can know from lucid dreaming training ., what is the nightmare and what is real. Soorry . Prolly not the most encouraging person at this time.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2019, 11:29 pm

Life is tough and sleep is one of the best parts of it. The only people who might prefer waking life are probably mainly children (ones groeing up without abuse and not in war torn areas) and evil people like aforementioned nasty arms dealers, disingenuous lawyers, degenerate politicians, etc.--and their families who might benefit greatly from being related.