Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

GoGirlGo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2020, 2:07 am

I am going to be considered a senior citizen now. Regardless of the fact that I'm just now able to get my life started.

I didn't know I am autistic until not many years ago.

Then my mom got cancer and I was her caretaker.

Then, an orphan, but more significantly, without a single friend who felt compelled to check on me. Not one call, or visit, or card, or anything. I was on my own on top of sick with grief.

A series of predator's cleaned out any possessions of moderate value, everything my mom had like her vehicle and family property. All was stolen, or tricked out of me.

Since then, I lost that housing where she died and where I was assaulted and stolen from.

The only option that opened to me turned out to be a woman who is very abusive and so lacking in empathy and respect that she takes my food, even if I hide it in my room so I have something to eat. What she tells anyone who will listen, loudly on the phone outside the guest room door where I am, that I am "hoarding food".

It was yet more interruption of my graduate work in the online bachelor's program I was supposed to have been graduation from in Feb. After three years.

I begged her for three years not to speak to or interact with me when I first come in from out driving and even more challenging things, to please wait. She has never respected my requests and waited. She follows me to my room, yelling and even coming in and standing over me yelling.

This last time, she came at me (as she had twice before grabbing my arm) and, my back against the closed door to my room (because I had yet to open it and go in), she comes at me and I push her away. She's little and weighs so little, she fell against her son's room door, four feet across. I screamed at her at the top of my lungs, in a completely, regrettably, out of control melt down. We both called the police. She has since emailed me a 30 day eviction notice clarifying that my meltdowns were not something she will tolerate.

She also stepped up her campaign to make it intolerable so I would go as soon as possible.

I find myself looking at a wasted life. No family, No property. No accomplishments in a career. I'm now unable to pay rent and live any quality of life outside the grip of abusive people who see me as an opportunity for money.

How many of us go through anything like this?

How many of us have struggled with housing and in our lives because we are preyed upon by people? How many of us fight like hell their entire life to get somewhere without a change in result?

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2020, 9:43 pm

You should look into SSI thru the Social Security Administration. Assuming you are in the United States of course.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 5:28 pm

GoGirlGo wrote:
I am going to be considered a senior citizen now. Regardless of the fact that I'm just now able to get my life started.

Then, an orphan, but more significantly, without a single friend who felt compelled to check on me. Not one call, or visit, or card, or anything. I was on my own on top of sick with grief.

A series of predator's cleaned out any possessions of moderate value, everything my mom had like her vehicle and family property. All was stolen, or tricked out of me.

Since then, I lost that housing where she died and where I was assaulted and stolen from.

The only option that opened to me turned out to be a woman who is very abusive and so lacking in empathy and respect that she takes my food, even if I hide it in my room so I have something to eat. What she tells anyone who will listen, loudly on the phone outside the guest room door where I am, that I am "hoarding food".

It was yet more interruption of my graduate work in the online bachelor's program I was supposed to have been graduation from in Feb. After three years.

I begged her for three years not to speak to or interact with me when I first come in from out driving and even more challenging things, to please wait. She has never respected my requests and waited. She follows me to my room, yelling and even coming in and standing over me yelling.

This last time, she came at me (as she had twice before grabbing my arm) and, my back against the closed door to my room (because I had yet to open it and go in), she comes at me and I push her away. She's little and weighs so little, she fell against her son's room door, four feet across. I screamed at her at the top of my lungs, in a completely, regrettably, out of control melt down. We both called the police. She has since emailed me a 30 day eviction notice clarifying that my meltdowns were not something she will tolerate.

She also stepped up her campaign to make it intolerable so I would go as soon as possible.

I find myself looking at a wasted life. No family, No property. No accomplishments in a career. I'm now unable to pay rent and live any quality of life outside the grip of abusive people who see me as an opportunity for money.

How many of us have struggled with housing and in our lives because we are preyed upon by people? How many of us fight like hell their entire life to get somewhere without a change in result?

It is true people are just out to get whatever they can. Life's a game to a large extent. I don't think the world owes me anything at all and that has been made clear to me many a time.

If I were you I would work on finding a friend and making yourself useful to someone else. Think on what you can do and what you don't mind doing, and offer your services to someone that can provide what you need, shelter, food, safety. For instance, a disabled person or someone older than you.

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Sep 2020, 7:16 pm

GoGirlGo wrote:

Can you get a social worker, subsidized section 8 housing, and disability? Sounds like you need help!