Page 138 of 145 [ 2309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141 ... 145  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 12:39 am

I've been killing quite a few threads lately. It always makes me sort of sad when I'm the last one to post in a thread, because I like getting responses to my posts.

Andre_br
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2011, 8:15 pm

I'm really used to getting no meaningfull responses from people even in "real life". So I never expect answers, I just think of my speech as seeds and wait and collect my own answers based on other signs than direct responses. In my job people always wonder how am I able to predict other people behavior and actions so precisely. The answer is that I don't pay attention to what people say as much as I pay attention to what people do.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 4:06 am

I do recognise that completely!

speech is not all that important after all,
it's informative yes and quite handy too.

The tone and the willingness to do something, the fact you come back to a subject,
the actions, time spend with someone, things you do together
all that is more important i believe

It also seems that by getting older you get quite a bit of information about people's behaviour which is not common knowledge

Cubits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2011, 10:59 am

I've killed three threads on the front page of this forum section, time to go for a biggie! :roll:

Twirlip
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2011, 4:26 pm

Stand back, kids. This one's mine.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 4:58 pm

Well, nice try everyone but you can't win 'em all :P
Lemon, when you say about getting information about people's behaviour that isn't common knowledge, do you mean a kind of intuition?
I had an odd experience the other day, talking to someone who was seeming to be helpful but kept getting bad feelings, like don't trust this person. Hmmm, rational mind vs intuition - my money's on intuition every time.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 4:51 am

No, information is the kind of thing that is difficult to have without speaking,
I also suspect that this is the very reason why people have started talking.
I mean just pure information, like telling someone what happened the other day,
or asking a question to know something the other would like, etc.
Nothing to do with intuition or emotions at all, it's just things like "I'd like to go to the supermarket, would you like to come with me?"
Very useful to be able to say that, cause if you have to communicate such a thing without words, well... not easy

But of course people mean all different things, like "I like you, and that's why I ask you." or "Actually, I'd want you to suggest me that you will go for me" or "I ask it because it's polite, but please don't come with me". This seems to be a common thing for NT's.
Now, this kind of things I don't hear them through words and I don't use these kind of sentences to express these kind of meanings either (If I don't want anyone to come with me, I simply don't ask them to, or if I like someone I'll tell them I like them)

It does not mean I don't understand underlying meanings (not after all this years I mean, hadn't got a clue when I was young), but I tend to understand this not from the words but from the behaviour of people, they will use a different tone of voice, make akward gestures with their hands,
turn with the eyes, etc. After so many years of observing I seem to be rather good at interpreting these signals, especially since people are not aware of doing them at all.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 1:04 am

Yup, sometimes. But lately I've been bringing a few back to life. 8)

MsMarginalized
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 6:51 pm

sure, I get afraid that no-one will respond to my posts....

(thread drift here) my bigger fear is when I'm in real life & KILL a conversation (one that I come into...where others are talking & I join in)

***back to the thread***

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 7:55 pm

Dananananana THREAD KILLER. Actually though, I have bringing threads to life lately. :chin:

URtheALIEN
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2011, 6:38 pm

I am new and wanted to find somthing of mild importance to be my first submission, resurrecting this may qualify, any opinions?

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 6:53 pm

I am a forum-killer sometimes.

URtheALIEN
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2011, 8:39 am

Currently I am the last entry on 5 threads..... is that potential?

CaroleTucson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 10:37 am

If you want to make sure you get responses, just say something complaining about NT's. That always works ... lol

URtheALIEN
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2011, 10:58 am

So it can go like this....

"Yeah so I made a sandwhich for lunch and started to eat it when I noticed the bread was moldy. Stupid NTs!"

Was that good?

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 12:22 pm

I should probably go through and look at all the threads I've killed in my time :lol: