nearly raped in the nighttrain by a foreign legion sergeant or some ranking x
back in amsterdam,
good idea :roll: :roll: 8O
"diplomatic" coke, now that is something else

blech
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2020, 11:34 pm

Enjoy your early 30s at least. Before you know it, your metabolism will slow down, you'll start seeing white hair everywhere, and nobody will ask for your ID anymore when you order an alcoholic drink.

But you'll probably miss your 30s when you turn 40! So stop the regrets and live in the present.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 7:37 pm

I would if I could, but right now I am wishing the time away because I want the day to come where they find a vaccine for this stupid coronavirus so that I can live my life and enjoy it.

Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder

And So It Goes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jun 2020, 11:02 am

I used to long for being in my 20's, but then I remembered how cringeworthy it was. My naive behaviour and outlook of the world.

There's plenty of regrets, but if I spent all of my time getting wound up by them, I wouldn't be making the most of my life in the present.

I've learnt from my mistakes, and it's helped me grow and change as a person.

Yes, we often wish for that maturity to be have been projected into our younger selves, but where would the change and progression be then?

It's just part and parcel of life and growing up.

"Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you." - Lemmy

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2020, 1:52 am

Don't we all? Especially if I could keep the knowledge and experience I've gained since then.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 1:55 pm

I have a very strong autobiographical memory, so often different times of my life flash before me.

It feels like I was 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 28, 29 and now 30. Being 25, 26 and 27 just flew by so fast that I can barely remember those 3 or 4 years. And now I'm 30 all of a sudden.

I'd love to write a whole story of my life so far. It all just fascinates me, the way each event in my life becomes another, and how I matured a little each couple of years, and the people that have come and gone in my life.

I wonder what the next 30 years of my life will bring?

I read somewhere that (to a pessimist) the past brings depression, the present brings stress and the future brings anxiety. That is quite true for me.

Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder