Page 5 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Apr 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,045
Location: 93 Billion Light-Years Big Universe

17 Dec 2020, 11:48 am

Kratom plant contains several alkaloids (non-psychoactive, bioactive rather) that are known too alleviate anxiety and depression. Has been used as a medicine for a long time.

I take some every now and again. It has wondrous effects. Predominantly even spiritual.


_________________
How time flies bye? Through Quantum time. "Bye!" said the time fly.


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,087
Location: Outter Quadrant

17 Dec 2020, 1:22 pm

Minuteman wrote:
Went on Lexapro a few months ago and it helped for the short term, but now I'm not responding as well to it. Next time I see my doc I'll talk to her about switching to a stronger SSRI.

A beer or two before going to bed definitely helps me. The key is not to let it get to the point where you need it every night.


Wellbutrin seemed to help me ,just a thought , I know people are very individual, and what helps one might not help another .


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2020
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 579
Location: Carcosa, Texas

16 Jan 2021, 5:59 pm

Has anyone else tried Wellbutrin? I added it to Strattera a few weeks ago and so far...I feel calmer though my focus is largely unaffected. I also have cotton mouth from Hell :skull:


_________________
"We see the extent to which our pursuit of pleasure has been limited in large part by a vocabulary foisted upon us"


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,590
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jan 2021, 11:17 pm

Romofan wrote:
Has anyone else tried Wellbutrin? I added it to Strattera a few weeks ago and so far...I feel calmer though my focus is largely unaffected. I also have cotton mouth from Hell :skull:
I've been on Wellbutrin for a couple years now. I was on Trazodone before that cuz of a minor depression that was made worse by me not sleeping well. My sleep improved after a while but I was still slightly depressed thou not quite as much & was tired a lot. I got a little less tired after I started Wellbutrin & I could focus a tad better & was a tad less depressed. However my anxiety got worse so my Buspar was upped from 15mg twice a day to the max dose of 30mg twice a day which helped. It is common for Wellbutrin to increase anxiety. My Wellbutrin was the max dose which was 450mg of the extended release. I started seeing a psychiatrist after being on Wellbutrin a while cuz I would easily get angry & snap at my girlfriend. She has her own mental issues that can sometimes be difficult to deal with. When I started seeing my psych he said that Wellbutrin can cause people to be more moody & get angry more easily. He reduced my dose to 300mg which helped a tad. He added 100mg of Seroquel shortly after & that helps me be more stable. I had bad dry mouth after I started Seroquel but it got better after a month but it came back again a while later. I'm on a lot of various meds that can cause dry mouth & I also have allergies & sinus problems that have been bad for quite a while now. It would be hard to pinpoint which med is making my dry mouth the worst & I don't really want to change any of my meds. I also had bad dry mouth when I was on Abilify 15 years ago.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


A_Whitbread
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 28 Jul 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
Location: Australia

28 Jul 2021, 9:14 am

Interesting question! I’ll gladly give you my two cents worth on the subject.

I’m 42 now and was only diagnosed a year ago so I lived my life until now not knowing.

MDMA or ‘ecstasy’ helps you socialise with peers DRAMATICALLY. Though this is only whilst you’re high on it and side effects are not really worth it.

DMT and also Psylocybin from magic mushrooms will without a doubt cure your depression. You need a couple of large dose breakthroughs, each a couple months apart to allow yourself adequate time to digest the information you encountered. Plus they are side effect free!

Finally, the hidden message that these psychedelics will give you is that granddaddy of all Aspergers treatments has been with you all along.

MEDITATION



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,087
Location: Outter Quadrant

28 Jul 2021, 1:54 pm

MSM supplements or another called SAM-E , helps mood and general health available at most all healthfood stores.


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


QuietThoughts
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 9 Jan 2015
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 21

28 Jul 2021, 2:53 pm

Jakki wrote:
MSM supplements or another called SAM-E , helps mood and general health available at most all healthfood stores.


Supplementing SAM-E can be bad for those with methylation problems. A vitamin B12, B6 and folate deficiency (especially in methyl forms if the second paragraph is applicable) can hinder the break down of homocysteine (s-adenosylmethionine -> homocysteine) which in turn leads to a myriad of health problems.

This comes down to MTHFR gene mutations and there are many carriers. A big problem is supplementing with synthetic vitamins like folic acid (the synthetic form of folate) when your body cannot use it. That includes fortified foods, vitamins, et cetera. This is an extensive subject and research is encouraged, but SAM-E is not something to mess around with.



diagnosedafter50
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 15 Dec 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 294
Location: United Kingdom

28 Jul 2021, 4:42 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
I recall a thread from way back when. A member had discovered the cure to ASD at some party he went to. It was called Ecstacy. Having never tried E, I can neither confirm or deny, but I remain somewhat sceptical

While I changed my view on man made recreational drugs, ecstasy did teach me a lot.
Trouble is my natural intuitive sensitivity turned into hyper emotionality as a toddler, and while I got insights into myself by doing ecstasy alone, it also opened me up to non-ordinary experiences, (entities) that I was fascinated by at the time, but not ready for.
I am one of the few odd ones who found it psychedelic, even the people who took the same pills as me didn't trip.

I think natural plant medicine, when the right time reveals itself, not to cure ASD, as ASD is a blessing - it was only a curse for me because I did not accept myself and the talents I was blessed with, preferring to fit in with the normals and be good at sport and popular - this earned me borderline personality disorder.



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,087
Location: Outter Quadrant

28 Jul 2021, 8:01 pm

QuietThoughts wrote:
Jakki wrote:
MSM supplements or another called SAM-E , helps mood and general health available at most all healthfood stores.


Supplementing SAM-E can be bad for those with methylation problems. A vitamin B12, B6 and folate deficiency (especially in methyl forms if the second paragraph is applicable) can hinder the break down of homocysteine (s-adenosylmethionine -> homocysteine) which in turn leads to a myriad of health problems.

This comes down to MTHFR gene mutations and there are many carriers. A big problem is supplementing with synthetic vitamins like folic acid (the synthetic form of folate) when your body cannot use it. That includes fortified foods, vitamins, et cetera. This is an extensive subject and research is encouraged, but SAM-E is not something to mess around with.


Hmmm... now i have tried SAM E for 30 days it seemed effective for a few weeks.
Have supplemented with NAC also seemed to calm me down . Lecithin breaks down into acthetyl choline in the body , but it has to be used in large quantities .
Had Methylated B 12 reccomended to me did not notice big difference. but same doctor , told me a year later not to use it. So i stopped , went to a high quality multivitamin That does seem to help .
But i use a variety of supplements now , but i experiment . So i will stop and check if any noteacible
effects from each supplement or med , i am prescribed . Been using this technique for more than 40 yrs . B-15 in sublingual form has a great effect on my physical stamina.
Been researching supplemens on my own , After reading the book called Life Extension by
Dr. Dirk Pearson and dr Sandy Shaw.And much additional research over the years.
Hope noone gets any bad side effects from the SAM-E . Might consult a doctor or a naturopath .


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jul 2020
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 920
Location: Brisbane, Australia

29 Jul 2021, 4:27 pm

Jakki wrote:
QuietThoughts wrote:
Jakki wrote:
MSM supplements or another called SAM-E , helps mood and general health available at most all healthfood stores.


Supplementing SAM-E can be bad for those with methylation problems. A vitamin B12, B6 and folate deficiency (especially in methyl forms if the second paragraph is applicable) can hinder the break down of homocysteine (s-adenosylmethionine -> homocysteine) which in turn leads to a myriad of health problems.

This comes down to MTHFR gene mutations and there are many carriers. A big problem is supplementing with synthetic vitamins like folic acid (the synthetic form of folate) when your body cannot use it. That includes fortified foods, vitamins, et cetera. This is an extensive subject and research is encouraged, but SAM-E is not something to mess around with.


Hmmm... now i have tried SAM E for 30 days it seemed effective for a few weeks.
Have supplemented with NAC also seemed to calm me down . Lecithin breaks down into acthetyl choline in the body , but it has to be used in large quantities .
Had Methylated B 12 reccomended to me did not notice big difference. but same doctor , told me a year later not to use it. So i stopped , went to a high quality multivitamin That does seem to help .
But i use a variety of supplements now , but i experiment . So i will stop and check if any noteacible
effects from each supplement or med , i am prescribed . Been using this technique for more than 40 yrs . B-15 in sublingual form has a great effect on my physical stamina.
Been researching supplemens on my own , After reading the book called Life Extension by
Dr. Dirk Pearson and dr Sandy Shaw.And much additional research over the years.
Hope noone gets any bad side effects from the SAM-E . Might consult a doctor or a naturopath .


Awesome advice Jakki :P what is SAM-E exactly ?



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,087
Location: Outter Quadrant

29 Jul 2021, 4:37 pm

Danusaurus wrote:
Jakki wrote:
QuietThoughts wrote:
Jakki wrote:
MSM supplements or another called SAM-E , helps mood and general health available at most all healthfood stores.


Supplementing SAM-E can be bad for those with methylation problems. A vitamin B12, B6 and folate deficiency (especially in methyl forms if the second paragraph is applicable) can hinder the break down of homocysteine (s-adenosylmethionine -> homocysteine) which in turn leads to a myriad of health problems.

This comes down to MTHFR gene mutations and there are many carriers. A big problem is supplementing with synthetic vitamins like folic acid (the synthetic form of folate) when your body cannot use it. That includes fortified foods, vitamins, et cetera. This is an extensive subject and research is encouraged, but SAM-E is not something to mess around with.


Hmmm... now i have tried SAM E for 30 days it seemed effective for a few weeks.
Have supplemented with NAC also seemed to calm me down . Lecithin breaks down into acthetyl choline in the body , but it has to be used in large quantities .
Had Methylated B 12 reccomended to me did not notice big difference. but same doctor , told me a year later not to use it. So i stopped , went to a high quality multivitamin That does seem to help .
But i use a variety of supplements now , but i experiment . So i will stop and check if any noteacible
effects from each supplement or med , i am prescribed . Been using this technique for more than 40 yrs . B-15 in sublingual form has a great effect on my physical stamina.
Been researching supplemens on my own , After reading the book called Life Extension by
Dr. Dirk Pearson and dr Sandy Shaw.And much additional research over the years.
Hope noone gets any bad side effects from the SAM-E . Might consult a doctor or a naturopath .


Awesome advice Jakki :P what is SAM-E exactly ?

S-Adenosyl methionine .


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 18 Jul 2020
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 920
Location: Brisbane, Australia

29 Jul 2021, 7:47 pm

Cool I'll google it.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,590
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jul 2021, 11:23 pm

Thanx for mentioning SAM-e guys :D I just checked the WebMD page(my 1st result in google that wasn't an ad selling it) & my girlfriend has a lot of the problems SAM-e is used for & she has had bad luck with meds or docs caring & listening. It might be worth a try but I won't really recommend it to her yet cuz she also has a bit of the side-effects & interactions but then again some(or maybe even a lot) of the meds that are used for the things SAM-e treats can also have bad side-effects & interactions & risks. She does have high B vitamins whenever she has blood tests that check that. She's in the process of trying to get established with a new doc & she has some tests coming up & I'd wait to see how things play out before really suggesting she'd try anything new(new to her) that isn't something a doc prescribes her. I'll have a lot of research to do on this before I'd really suggest this anyways but the little bit I've read about it makes me think it might have potential. I'll post the WebMD link incase it'll be easier for someone than googling it :arrow: https://www.webmd.com/diet/supplement-guide-sam-e#2


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


neilinmich
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 31
Location: Michigan USA

01 Sep 2021, 11:54 am

Romofan wrote:
Thank you all for your replies!

I am currently fiddling with my head by taking hydroxyzine (for anxiety), atomoxetine (for adhd), an aristada injection (antipsychotic!) and trazodone (ye olde anti depressant).


I was taking trazodone too. I stopped because it caused so much nasal congestion at night it interfered with my sleep.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,589
Location: the island of defective toy santas

01 Sep 2021, 3:50 pm

it should be mentioned that for people that are struggling with ED, trazodone is your friend :mrgreen: but if you have no ED, then trazodone is your worst enemy. :o



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,087
Location: Outter Quadrant

02 Sep 2021, 12:44 pm

had been on Trazadone for a extended period of time, over a year ago. And found it seemed all but useless to me . Initially thought it was helping stress and pain levels. But after what seemed to be only a month . It did not seem to effect me anymore . But in the past have gotten a tolerance to many drugs . That have tried in the past. But also have developed a sensativity to stuff like caffiene .
So consequently have turned to testing out many supplements over the course of my life . .
With success , as a rule i general spend quit a bit of time , Researching before using previously untested supplements on myself . Then adjusting dosages for myself based on the same research.
Overall had successful experiences . The prescriptions that doctors have offered me have only been limitedly successful. With the exception of a very few .


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are