Page 4 of 10 [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 11:01 pm

problem with trazodone is a wicked side effect that affects men.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2020, 3:21 am

It’s just amazing , where a glass or 2 of liqour can calm me or less stressed , but certainly not particularly sleepy,unless much more was consumed , back when used to try the things out .
But oddly enough very few meds create the desired effects with out notable use of them.
But with that in mind have actually had problems staying under during surgeries . Even waking up before the end of them , and , a referring to some rather serious surgeries . Just as odd , normal dental surgery pain , is hard to deal with but tolerable . Easier than the injection, when they stab you in your gum with novocaine or whatever numbing agent they use . So it is hard for alcohol , a solvent based intoxicant to be of much use other than suffering the negative , side effects / after effects of this drink . So use of this stuff, acts as it’s own deterrent to its use.

where ever you go ,there you are

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 7:12 pm

Romofan wrote:
LOTS of Hard liquor makes me feel normal, more or less. I don't get drunk, I become...calm? 8)

But the side and after effects of consuming that poison :skull: made me quit

I wish i could find a better way to say "your entire post made me LOL" :D

Reality tell me otherwise. But alcohol helps me become normalised to others, fact. plus in turn makes me feel better because of this and it dumbs my brain down so it can catch a breath between each rotation, most days like right now - being entirely sober makes my head feel like it's going to spin off its axis.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 7:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
problem with trazodone is a wicked side effect that affects men.

trazodone and many other medications in the anti depressant class has this side effect, for which any effect of any medication is nothing more than that just weather or not it's desired for its intended purpose - that's a paradox.
but sometimes its used at low doses for such reasons - ED speaking.

I don't trust myself with taking anti depressant medications as they make me suicidal.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2020, 7:32 pm

the ones that i took made me hot-headed in multiple senses.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Dec 2020, 2:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
the ones that i took made me hot-headed in multiple senses.
My parent's dog was put on Trazodone for a couple weeks after a surgery to keep her calm. Her dose was 50mg 2wice a day. I took 100mg at night when I was taking it. She is not a big dog either, maybe medium size or kinda smallish. She slept a lot. She is very excitable so I understand needing to keep her calm but there is a bid difference between keeping her calm & keeping her asleep. When I heard she was put on a med to keep her calm, I was thinking of something like Xanax NOT Trazodone.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2020, 9:48 am

^^^the only med that calmed me [aside from good ol' valium :hic: :drunken: :colors: ] was strattera.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 3:09 pm

Is there a common name for stratthera ... I do not know wha that is.?

When was given Valium , very long ago , developed a tolerance to it rather quickly .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 11:13 pm

Jakki wrote:
Is there a common name for stratthera ... I do not know wha that is.? When was given Valium , very long ago , developed a tolerance to it rather quickly .

atomoxetine is the generic. i developed a tolerance after just one pill of soma comp codeine. that was a horsepill knock-out drug.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 1:31 pm

Thank you

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 1:49 pm

I use valium (low doses) to reduce the amount of distress i suffer from when i have sensory overload meltdowns or am having a few bad days.

I do not take valium for more than a day or two in a row.

The Valium definitely helps reduce the amount of distress i suffer from during and after a meltdown.
Even slowing me down when i am agitated is useful, as if i am slowed down, i am less intense.

It has taken me several years to get a doctor to prescribe me valium however, even at super low doses.
This is because it is a major taboo subject for doctors in the UK, so most doctors will not prescribe valium on a regular basis due to the possibility that the patient may become addicted.

However, most doctors do not understand why people with ASD have sensory overload meltdowns,
and do not understand that the meltdowns are incurable, unavoidable neurological reactions (which look like tantrums but which are not).

I believe it is inhumane not to prescribe any anti anxiety agent for patients with ASD and who suffers from sensory overload meltdowns, not only inhumane to the person with ASD but also inhumane and not particularly sensible
for the people around the person who has ASD (especially in my case, as i have done martial arts for a number of years and have a certain amount of skill, and if someone were to attack me while i was having a meltdown, i would defend myself).

Yep, martial art expert and ASD based meltdowns not a great combination...
but valium saves the day! Yippee! long live Valium! My Saviour!

I have taken valium for the past year, when needed, and have not become addicted. Perhaps the doctors should consider judging each case on their own merit rather than judging everyone as the worst case junkie in the world.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 2:24 pm

wish my doc would give me valium. :| or ANYTHING for pain, really.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 4:25 am

Speaking of meltdowns, I should have seen mine coming today.. knew it was, just a few hours before and i totally destroyed my house.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 7:56 am

auntblabby wrote:

May send a hopefully helpful suggestion to your pm Auntblabby ? Con:Valium .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 9:06 am

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

May send a hopefully helpful suggestion to your pm Auntblabby ? Con:Valium .

valium was very briefly prescribed to me for acute back pain, and it worked very well. the closest i can get to its effectiveness otherwise, is a mix of flexeril and hydrocodone. it did not addict me.

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2020, 11:26 am

Went on Lexapro a few months ago and it helped for the short term, but now I'm not responding as well to it. Next time I see my doc I'll talk to her about switching to a stronger SSRI.

A beer or two before going to bed definitely helps me. The key is not to let it get to the point where you need it every night.