Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MerryBerry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2007, 6:02 pm

It's about four months now since we got the In-Depth forum.

Do you like it?
Do you think it has changed the feel of WP?
Do you still post in the other forums?

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 5:43 pm

MerryBerry wrote:
Do you like it?

1. Yes.
2. Maybe slightly (but there's also the concurrent changes that happened, such as "men's discussion" being folded into "adult issues" & the rise of the "dino-aspie cafe" threads).
3. Yes.
Know one can't really enforce rules, but I like the idea of having place where people over 30 (in general, not as an absolute-but that's the problem with inherent inflexibility of rules) can find others of that age or mindset. Mean no offense, though imagine umbrage will be taken.
My p.o.v. is that of someone not dx'd until adulthood, so in some ways my issues overlap better with those who share my demographic stats. Those who are nearer to my age, haven't yet had a decade to get used to this label, and are no longer in school. Again, these are simplifications-not intended to be stridently exclusive.

Stasia
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Sep 2007, 6:57 pm

Oh, it's a new forum!

I remember when there was a men's forum and a women's forum... what happened to those?

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 7:24 pm

MerryBerry wrote:

Do you like it?

Here's my response in order of the questions posted

1.) Yes.
2.) Only in the fact that it's given WP yet more depth, so it's a change for the better.
3.) definately.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2007, 11:33 pm

Yes I love this forum :)
I don't know how to describe it seems more relaxed and mellow here.
I still post in some of the other forums.
I also think that Merry would be a great Moderator of this forum.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 1:41 am

I like the idea of the new forum because its nice to have a place for the older Aspies to talk, but I don't think the older Aspies aren't posting in this forum. There's not enough forum activity.

The posts so far are mostly boring as they are mostly those survey type questions. I prefer the deeper conversational type threads. But then I'm weird anyway.

PS: Thyme I really love your avatar.

MerryBerry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2007, 4:26 am

Thanks everyone, for your thoughts on this.

thyme wrote:
Yes I love this forum :)
I don't know how to describe it seems more relaxed and mellow here.
I still post in some of the other forums.

Yes, that's the feeling I get here too, relaxed an mellow. I do post in the other forums too, but this has become my favourite.

thyme wrote:

Thanks. :) It's so well-behaved in here, it would be an easy job. Has it ever been spammed in here...I don't think spammers get this far down the board.

Ticker wrote:
I like the idea of the new forum because its nice to have a place for the older Aspies to talk, but I don't think the older Aspies aren't posting in this forum. There's not enough forum activity.

I agree, I don't think a lot of the older Aspies are posting in this forum and I wonder why. I know a few of the regular contributors here have left, but I honestly thought it would be more popular than it is. Perhaps the 'In-Depth' title is putting them off...by as Alex said, he had to call it something and the 'Adult' forum title was already in use.

Cernunnos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 10:03 am

I like the new forum. What I don't get though is why it was so active when it started, and now seems to have trailed off significantly.

I think, having taken a "holiday" from WP for a number of weeks, it has kept its "comfortable" feeling, whereas a lot of the rest of WP suddenly seemed to be quite hostile to me. :?

I still post on other threads, but overall I don't really post much at all. At the moment I just don't feel I have anything to say - don't know why, it's probably just me and my insecurities. :(

MerryBerry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2007, 11:14 am

Yes, I think it has gone quiet here lately. I think some of the Dino's may have migrated back to the Dino Aspie Cafe in the other forum? Plus a few members who used to post here have either left or are taking a break. I miss reading their posts and hope to see them again.

Quote:
I still post on other threads, but overall I don't really post much at all. At the moment I just don't feel I have anything to say - don't know why, it's probably just me and my insecurities.

I get phases like that too. Some of the other forums move so quickly too, I can't keep up with them. Maybe I'm just getting old, lol.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 1:32 pm

MerryBerry wrote:
Ticker wrote:

I agree, I don't think a lot of the older Aspies are posting in this forum and I wonder why. I know a few of the regular contributors here have left, but I honestly thought it would be more popular than it is. Perhaps the 'In-Depth' title is putting them off...by as Alex said, he had to call it something and the 'Adult' forum title was already in use.

Maybe some of the older gang are going through mid-life crisis and don't want to post here as people might realize they aren't quite so young anymore.

Maybe also it is listed too far down on the list that people miss the forum. But then again the vast majority on WP are spring chickens, so that's why this forum will never get too popular . Personally I used to like Random a lot, but it has gone to the dawgs. :roll:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Sep 2007, 2:45 pm

this is only my third of fourth time in the forum, and i dont know why i havent replyed to any topics in here.. i tend to get caught up in the same couple of forums though so maybe thats why, looks good you guys :)

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 5:31 pm

I like it here,it seems a peaceful and reassuring corner of WP although I'd like to try and
post here as much as I do in the other forums. I think a few of the members that this forum was designed for prefer the 'Ex Dino Cafe' but whereas I like all the people there,I sometimes find it difficult to follow and tune into the same wavelength.This is more mellow and in keeping with
my usual disposition.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 8:07 pm

It bores me, and is filled with topics which could well
be elsewhere. BUT, it has it's own pace and flavor,
and although it may just be a bit divisive, overall
I think it's a good thing.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 12:35 am

Ticker wrote:
MerryBerry wrote:
Ticker wrote:

Maybe some of the older gang are going through mid-life crisis and don't want to post here as people might realize they aren't quite so young anymore.

Maybe also it is listed too far down on the list that people miss the forum. But then again the vast majority on WP are spring chickens, so that's why this forum will never get too popular . Personally I used to like Random a lot, but it has gone to the dawgs. :roll:

I agree with you about the Random forum. It used to be allot of fun not anymore :?

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 12:54 am

calandale wrote:

Blah blah blah you never wanted us to have this forum and opposed it when you were a mod. You should stay in the other adult forum if it bores you so much.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2007, 2:44 am

thyme wrote:
calandale wrote:

Blah blah blah you never wanted us to have this forum and opposed it when you were a mod. You should stay in the other adult forum if it bores you so much.

No. I opposed losing the men's forum, so
quickly, without enough discussion. I thought
the situation unfolded too hastily, ONCE the
how of it was determined.

And, I DO tend to stay out of here. Just ran
across this post, and thought that some of the
members who park here MIGHT want to know
why it's an exclusive little club. Pretty much
because you discuss the same topics as elsewhere,
but in your own little retreat.

Just because you don't like to hear what someone
else says, doesn't mean that they shouldn't say it.