Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 2:06 am

I have relatives that have gone overseas, I think they chose this time of year to avoid Christmas. I am a bit envious.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 2:16 am

I'll be spending it with my daughter... not sure what or where.... if there's enough snow to ski on in the mountains we might be up there.

Probably will just be here though.

Open gifts, eat, watch dvd's (I got her the fifth season of MONK... her favorite show).

Maybe we'll drop by the homeless folks and drop off some food, blankets (I have many surplus blankets)...

crazedchef
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2007, 2:31 am

Hello,

I will be working 12 hours and hoping no mortars or rockets land that day.

crazedchef

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 2:31 am

I'm visiting my oldest niece and her family. With some booze. I will stay chemically influenced playing video games with my grand-niece, and chasing my one year old grand-nephew on my gimpy legs until I fall over, and that's when I let them crawl all over me, which they find amusing as hell. It's a good thing I'm a happy drunk, and then I fall asleep...

I'm extra crabby this year. I am frustrated by stupid people whinging about stupid things, and driving stupid, and basically getting between me and my espresso...Rat finks...

My friends are feeling the same way. I've been e-mailing rants with them, and then laughing because I'm doing exactly the same thing others are doing that bugs me...I hate Christmas. It's not even my holiday. Happy...what is my holiday? Happy solstice!! It will have to do...

And all the waste! Oy vey.

Over and out...Rjaye.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 2:46 am

My semester ends 12.21 (Solstice); I am very stressed so I'll need to rest for a that weekend. Then, I think on Monday or Tuesday (I think that's Christmas Day) I'll drive North on the highway but just for a daytrip. I'll bring my disposable camera. I love to drive. I have no friends or family so I do not really recognize holidays. My next semester begins in mid-January. Until then I might review material, art project, make a snowman, etc. I do like New Years because my little apartment overlooks the field near downtown and I can see fireworks from my window! Alaska is very dark at this time of year so my view is perfect. At winter solstice there is just 3:43 hrs of light. Downtown has some pretty colored lights too (I do not like the flashing lights though). The library is closed on Christmas Day...sigh.

Have a nice holiday everyone - whichever one you celebrate!

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2007, 8:22 am

I have both Christmas and Christmas eve off and I will go to a keg party Christmas eve I got invited too, a small gathering anyways I dont think itll be like a huge party or anything (i hope) and on Christmas I will chill with my parents and maby a few other family members all day long.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 9:49 am

I'll be spending some of Christmas visiting my sister and her family and I'm not sure yet, but I think my step-son will be home sometime this Christmas. We've not seen him for a long time so :cheers:
The rest of the time I'll be trying to avoid social stuff and not letting people drive me crazy, and wishing I was heading for the hills out of the way. Usual Christmas behaviour. :wink:

busy91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2007, 9:53 am

Staying home. My mom is coming over and it will be us and my kids.

Christmas Eve however, I'll be singing in a concert.

That is very Unaspie of me. :wink:

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 4:46 pm

Rjaye wrote:
...I hate Christmas. It's not even my holiday. Happy...what is my holiday? Happy solstice!! It will have to do...

And all the waste! Oy vey.

Over and out...Rjaye.

Metta

I have already had lunch with my brothers and their families at a restaurant. It was not very comfortable, but at least the extended family duties are over for another year. (I'm still feeling pissed off about last year - the newbies will have to look it up).

Christmas eve I will think about going to a church service but will not go. We will probably watch "We're No Angels" (old Peter Ustinov and Humphrey Bogart movie).

Christmas day will be with my wife's family which will be fairly casual and relaxed.

I always look forward to Christmas, but usually feel let down when it comes.

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2007, 11:54 pm

Hey, Bazza!

Yeah, I know about that let down at the holidays. I can't even get my hopes up. I lucked out this year because to get to my sister's place in Idaho, I have to drive over mountain passes, and they are covered in two feet of snow, and I'm having an arthritic flare. No driving for me!!

Old movies are good. My grand-niece finally has the focus to watch a movie, so I might bring the first Harry Potter movie. We're also going to make cookies, which is fun with someone her age (five). My niece wants to make sugar cookies, and we may make ginger bread cookies. My nephew in law's grandmother, who is in her eighties, is coming for Christmas eve, and she and I drink wine and talk--she's a kick in the pants. It's all laid back, and at this time of year, it's a nice change from when I was younger.

I actually like the teenagers too, and there will be a few there. They are so tough when they are around their parents because they are trying to impress their friends. They are so funny, and their folks hate their clothes, and I think some of what the youngin's are wearing are pretty cool (especially the flats for girls, and some of the embroidered hoodies for boys--which girls wear, too). Because I actually shop for my nieces and nephew at the stores they go to, I know what they might be looking at.

Have you noticed with teens clothes that a lot of what they're wearing is what we wore at their age? We used to wear the hoodies (though not with the cool embroidery and prints--i remember those rubber transfers), and a lot of the bands we actually listened to they have on their tees and packs, like The Beatles, John Lennon, Bob Marley, Generation X...even the punk gear is the same. The only thing I can't believe is they are wearing platforms again. Ack.

Metta, Rjaye.

fabshelly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Dec 2007, 12:58 am

My ex-husband and his girlfriend have a timeshare on Maui, it runs out at the end of the year and they can't get off work, so they gave it to us for Christmas. I invited my parents, and I think a week of no responsibilities and just time to read or cross-stitch or teach myself flash will be good for me.

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 4:08 pm

I will be home with a little dog on loan.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 5:33 pm

I don't think we're doing too much this Christmas. It'll be quiet and peaceful. We may go out to a local pub for a meal over the Christmas period but that's about it.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 11:36 pm

My ex is getting my son, so we aren't really celebrating here until the 26th.

Christmas eve will probably consist of shrimp, cheesecake, maybe a glass of wine and a bubble bath...then I will curl up with a warm blanket, switch the tree lights on, and watch the Polar Express for the 10th? time...I'll crawl out of bed Christmas morning and go spend the day probably with my mom, we may watch some movies, or just talk, and probably get a sugar buzz from too many Christmas cookies and coffee consumption.

Then my son will come home and we'll rip open the presents and play with video games and toys until our eyes start to cross or our thumbs go numb. :wink:

Ozzy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Dec 2007, 3:44 pm

Spending Christmas with my dad and his wife and two kids. Renting a cabin up near Mt. Hood. Ski for a couple days. Should be a good time.

-Ozzy

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 4:21 pm

I just decorated the tv cabinet (took down the tv) with a very small "tree" (in a pot), gifts, Mexican poncho and tiny lights. I've been baking, testing out "holiday" recipes. So, we'll probably have Festivus tonight. Tomorrow night we'll have stew and sweets and family gifts. Christmas Day we'll have Santa gifts and some kind of fattening food at home. (Sausage balls, cookies, breads)

Just the 3 of us.