Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 3:07 am

slowmutant wrote:
Compassion is very important in situations like this. I have my beliefs about homosexuals but I do not Bible-thump or confront anyone about their lifestyle. I'd prefer to isolate the sin from the sinner as much as possible. What a challenge this is for Christians everywhere, living alongside homosexuality in the spirt of compassion & love.

As long as I have been around I have never had this so called homosexual knock on my front door trying to convert me. But you know who has?

Come here you, I want to play. Passive aggressive doesn't work on me. Get your butt back to Sunday school and start reading instead of listening to the bigots. You can't even tell me why they put an end to man being with man or a woman with a woman or anything inbetween can you. You haven't a clue why they called it a sin to begin with. All you know is what they tell you to know, do your homework, then I'll play nice.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 12:16 am

reika wrote:
Religion separates us all from each other.

Sadly, yes.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 2:50 am

legendoftheselkie wrote:
Re ''fa***t''- all the good religious folk would gather in the town square and enjoy a nice bonfire, using ''fa***ts'' for kindling! Got marshmallows?

That's not fair.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 5:20 am

legendoftheselkie wrote:

As long as I have been around I have never had this so called homosexual knock on my front door trying to convert me. But you know who has? [/quote]
If only they had, my life would have been very different!

One time when the Witnesses came ringing my doorbell, after explaining to them as usual that I already had a religion I was perfectly satisfied with, I suggested that next time, they send the Williams sisters over- I'd be willing to talk to them. They haven't been back since![/quote]

.................................................................................................................................
I like to let em in. One showed up, the next time he came he brought reinforcements.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Aug 2008, 12:59 pm

slowmutant wrote:
legendoftheselkie wrote:
Re ''fa***t''- all the good religious folk would gather in the town square and enjoy a nice bonfire, using ''fa***ts'' for kindling! Got marshmallows?

That's not fair.

I bet the "fa***ts" thought it was unfair also.

"Truth" isn't always fair.
And while I realize it must be hard to see your belief system vilified, its always best to know the truth. Even if it goes against everything you've been raised to believe.
My heart goes out to you slowmutant, as I know its difficult to maintain your arguments when history says otherwise. For me it was very disheartening to find out more about religion than just what I'd been told and raised to believe
I was raised by a VERY religious Mother and I know the Bible as well as anybody. However, when a christian lady asked me when I quit believing in the Bible and "God" I was honest with her and told her "When I started studying Theology." She sure did't like hearing that!

"Theology" The study of God and the truthfulness of religion in general... as defined by Wiki

btw don't study Theology at a Bible College, you'll just get more of what you've already been told. Study at a regular uni or a good library.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 1:34 pm

It's unfair of you to think that because I'm Christian I like to roast homosexuals over an open fire with marshmallows. I do not. I prefer the marshmallows.

Don't lapse into hate-speech yourself, now.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 1:42 pm

slowmutant wrote:
That's not fair.

Now you've got it. Look at your own words.

I've got a label on me, more than one. Society at large as treated me differently. They have you too. Ever been treated unfairly because you are an aspie? If genetics is correct it was preordained. Now just for sake of letting this go a step further, let's take a leap out of your faith. What if, what if those with this label of a different sexual need or behavior was also genetics. Now you see the added baggage of having two labels. Welcome to WP. We are voice to say, yeah I'm different, but I'm not some blight to be wiped off the face of the earth. And we are here to help each other when we can, not load up more baggage on each other.

So what if it isn't genetics. I mean aren't there enough people on the face of the earth now? You don't have to look very far to see that basics needs of people aren't being met. The reason it was considered to be a sin, not a good thing was at the time the "tribe" needed to grow, so they banned it, gave it a label, it was a law. They wanted their numbers to grow and in all to many cases their imposed beliefs on others. It's basic Anthro 101. It still didn't stop it, even back then and it never will. God's intent? How the hell would I know. If someone is getting a direct line from on high, I'd be looking for a doctor for them. I get a damn good chuckle when I read or hear about those that have or do have that direct line. Past and present. But I keep an eye out for them, some are pretty unfair.

I'm not out to wreck your faith. There are good people of many denominations. Me? I'm a card carrying heathen. Well maybe a reformed heathen I don't really eat missionary's anymore. :wink:

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 2:06 pm

That's good to know. It would be a shame if you became what you hate. :wink:

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2008, 2:07 pm

slowmutant wrote:
That's good to know. It would be a shame if you became what you hate. :wink:

Nice play on words. You win a gold star. :wink:

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Aug 2008, 2:10 pm

I NEVER even implied that YOU like to "roast homosexuals"
Actually I'm unsure of your meaning as to what "hate-speech" is, please clarify and give me an example. (For real, I really don't know what you mean :oops: )
But just for the record, I rarely "lapse" into anything.
Could it be perhaps where I said "my heart goes out to you?" (I meant that also btw) I remember the emotional turmoil that was raised by my inquisitiveness. I was a member of "Job's Daughters" (for young women related to Master Masons) My father was a Mason (as far back as our records go my family has always had a Masonic connection) and I had 4 years perfect attendance. When we initiated a new girl in, my part was from the book of Job where God is telling him
" Who is this that darketh counsel by words without knowledge? ...Where wast thou when I laid down the foundations of the earth? Declare if thou hast understanding?"

I realized I didn't have "understanding" and set out to attain some knowledge about what I was believing in. When they say "Ignorance is bliss" they aren't kidding. Needless to say I quit Job's Daughters which was my mothers attempt at getting me some friends and religion at the same time. I achieved neither.

You as a person, I'm sure, is just as disgusted and appalled by it as any one else would be. All I meant to say is what I wrote.

Don't put words in my mouth please, and assume that I "think" something other than what I wrote.

You use the word "unfair" a lot. It makes me wonder if your "young." Not trying to stereotype just curious. In my experience the older you get the less "fair" you expect the world to be. Sad but true it seems.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 7:09 am

I'm 29, so yes I'm young. But I'm older than most teenagers.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 9:36 am

I started this thread? Humm interesting. Haven't started one in a long long time. I'm damn proud of myself and I did it while I slept, damn I'm good. Do I feel the hand of a mod on my shoulder? Wait, wait, that might be derailing the theme of the hijack thread. But I didn't know that's how spell hijack that way to begin with. Confused yet? Now you've got it. I'm not sure I understand what we're supposed to be talking about, high jacking? I gave it up for lent, might have been New Years, I forgot. But I've got a great deal on Rolex's if anyone is interested.

So any way where were we? I had nothing further to say. Err yeah I did. Very good observation, 29 is older than most teenagers, so is 20. And as I recall it doesn't much matter what age you are to be here anyway. So carry on, I guess I really didn't have anything further to say.

I need to go find some marshmallows. Hope they aren't high in cholesterol. Missionary's are, that's why I had to reform, doctors orders. :wink: I was talking to myself, you didn't hear that.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Aug 2008, 11:50 am

At age 29 your older than ALL teenagers. :D

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 12:25 pm

Yeah, that was the joke.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Aug 2008, 12:43 pm

I obviously don't "get" jokes very well. :D

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 1:20 pm

Seriously slowmutant, can you kind of catch where we're coming from? I know you have your beliefs and that's fine. But can you see why it comes across the way it does sometimes when you talk about it? I'm not out to convert you. Only you could do that anyway. Change comes from with in. And some things from with in can't be changed. I'm Bipolar, most likely an Aspie and those things I can't change. It's not like I would wish to convert you to either of them even if were possible.

There is a place for the religious talk and even there remember who we are. And who you are.

I'm not gay, I have gay friends in RL and they're wonderful people, not all but so what. It's not like I have to be around anyone where we don't seem to get along with very well. It's kind of like a TV, if you don't like what's on, turn the channel, don't pass a law to say the rest of us can't watch.

It's like sometimes people would like to damn me just because of who I am. Well that's fine damn me to hell. Just don't try and make my life a living hell till I get there. It may not be your intent to come across that way, but sometimes you do.

You run into a crisis in your life that deals with being an Aspie and if I have an info that might help I'll be right there next to you. Even if we can't agree on this, it doesn't matter to me. It's not like I'm trying separate you out from the rest. You're not the only one that is here or has come here with the same out look. But if I think I see you loading up baggage on another, I'll be right there again.