Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

fragiletruth
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2008, 2:05 pm

What form is it? I have both a livejournal and a paper journal. I've been keeping paper journals since I was 12.

What sorts of things do you write about? I don't have a set formula for this. I start writing, and my thoughts eventually focus as I go on, and then I write some more. I'll occasionally write about things that have happened recently. I tend to write whatever thoughts pass through my head.

How well do you keep your journal? I think my average is once a week for the last 10 years, but right now I have made a commitment to writing in some form every single day. I'm about 85% there so far.

Who are you writing your journal for? Mostly myself. It's been a great learning tool. I look back on a year or more ago, and I'm able to see patterns in my thoughts and behaviors that I don't like, and chances are I've made enough progress by now that I am better able to improve myself with this information. I also write it for my husband's benefit, so he can see what is going on in my mind.

Why do you keep a journal? To learn. To focus my thoughts - I can sometimes solve a difficult problem in my life by writing about it enough. To keep a record of my life for future reference - important things can be recorded and then I have something to show it happened, even if I forget the details.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 4:24 am

Sportatically.

spacedog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2008, 3:12 am

Yes, although it is not traditional it is filled with sketches, poems, thoughts, and clothing designs... in essence normal for me. ha ha!

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2008, 3:49 am

What form is it? I write blog on Internet. I have even bought my own domain. Although I have two blogs, one in my native language and one in English, I focus more on the former, because there I have several regular readers and people don't seem to read the one in English, at least no one leaves a comment.

What sorts of things do you write about? I just describe the things that happened to me. As living abroad, some funny stuff happens a lot and I always try to write everything in a funny way.

How well do you keep your journal? Only when something actually happens, so It can be every week one entry, or every month.

Who are you writing your journal for? I guess mostly for myself, although I am an exhibicionist, so I like to go public. Several people told me that I should publish it, maybe few years from now I will think about it.

Why do you keep a journal? When you go to visit a new country, you do photos I am sure. I like to make photos of my trips and write about them too. I am writing about my life abroad for the same reason why people make photos when abroad.

Timberwolf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2008, 4:27 pm

NO, I've always hated writing about things in the past, even way back in primary school.

I sometimes keep a log when I'm working on a project, but that tends to be just the facts. I do like keep stats on all the games I play in campaigns.