Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:39 pm

I have been few days ago to talk to a nun, not to look for comfort, I wouldn't go to see a nun for comfort. I was one of my ways to find some path to recover my dog. She knew the kidnapper and she tried, in her way, to do something. She said though that it was wrong to love an animal more than a person. I tried to explain her that I am autistic and that I
have never been able to love a human, apart for some crushes and aborted relationships. She told me that animals are different, ruled by instinct and self interest (if you feed them etc.) I made some feeble attempt to explain that humans are ruled by instinct too. But this,
with a catholic nun is a futile effort. Some day I am a little lighter, but then, all of a sudden I am taken back in my void, pain, nostalgia for the sincerity and strength of the
little dog's love. Of the only communication with a living being that I experienced with her. This was _love_ much more than the one that exists in human couples. Perhaps because it's simpler and pure.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:20 pm

I love dogs and know that dogs feel love much purer then human love because it is not so clouded with what you look like or your station in life or how you speak or if you don't . They want to love and be loved like no human I have ever known. The nun was wrong and your heart knows the truth because it is a reciever of love signals and hers was not intune to the vibrations that animals send to us . That is a bit sad, because it is a very special gift some of us were given.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:38 pm

dog is god backwards.

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2008, 8:44 pm

That is the great thing about animals. Once you establish trust, when you give respect, you receive respect. That is all that matters, but people of "higher" intelligence are too caught up within their beliefs to see this rather simple concept.

My dog is a very close friend of mine. I took great care of her for fourteen years, and she knows I love her as one of my own siblings. Maybe my awkward behaviors are just too complicated for her. Maybe the simple act of love and respect can tell you everything you need to know about someone.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 9:07 pm

Postperson wrote:
dog is god backwards.

Well, God is "supposed" to be the ultimate example of unconditional love but I think it left it up to his dogs to show it, while he is busy throwing the riff-raff into the firey pits of hell for masterbating.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 10:01 pm

:roll:

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 10:54 am

Neurologically, dogs have the same brain pattern and use the same neurotransmitters as a human. Dogs produce oxytocin just like us, and if oxytocin means love and attachment in a human brain, Occam's razor falls on the side of canine love and attachment.