Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

SeanLowe1288
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Nov 2011, 3:09 am

yeah I sound like I'm 17 but I'm 22 years old and when everyone else hears me they say I sound like my age and I'm like I sound like a 17 year old not 22

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 6:42 am

I'm 38 and sound about 12.

SeanLowe1288
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2011, 2:45 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:

wow how does that happen lol

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

SeanLowe1288 wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:

wow how does that happen lol

I suppose with females, the voice matures gradually and there's no obvious change during the teenage years like with males. My voice was always high and has just remained there, but it's not an ear hurting pitch. I didn't even realise it was like that until we bought a video camera. It was quite a shock and everyone confirmed that's how I sound normally. My voice is probably part of the reason why people think I'm much younger than I am.

baylor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Nov 2011, 12:00 am

lol i'm a bass in two different choirs and Phi Mu Alpha (probationary member)

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 9:07 am

When I was a kid, people on the phone thought I was grown up because I'd copied grown-up phone etiquette and used big words.

Now, between the slight lisp, the odd intonation, and the strange speech rhythm, I think I sound about 12.

So do most people I talk to.

Screw it. Who cares?? It's a big world.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 9:24 am

When my husband answers the phone, the caller sometimes calls him MrsA and asks to speak to MrA. Not a great start if your doing telesales.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Nov 2011, 11:55 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
When my husband answers the phone, the caller sometimes calls him MrsA and asks to speak to MrA. Not a great start if your doing telesales.

:lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

when I'm confident in company my voice sounds young but when I'm nervous I can sound a bit gravelly and when I get hyper I get really loud and my accent becomes really broad which for some reason people find amusing. I also look younger and I think because of this I get treated younger and because of this I behave younger, it's a bit of a vicious circle but I'm tackling it because I really do need to become an adult.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 10:10 pm

I seem to have two voices. One is softspoken and possibly with a little anxious tone in it. It is what I think of as my friendly and welcoming voice. The other deeper and can be perceived as intimidating to some people though apparently women really like that one instead. I seem to subconsciously switch between the two depending on the circumstances.

fleurdelily
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2011, 11:35 pm

just had someone <last week> call my husband back after they had talked to me, and tell him they had spoken with his daughter... and I'm 45. When he told me about it, I said ?really?! and he said that my voice sounds young. So... that's two people who think so, apparently

BitteOrca
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2011, 3:22 am

sluice wrote:
I seem to have two voices. One is softspoken and possibly with a little anxious tone in it. It is what I think of as my friendly and welcoming voice. The other deeper and can be perceived as intimidating to some people though apparently women really like that one instead. I seem to subconsciously switch between the two depending on the circumstances.

Yea that sounds about right for me too.
Also when I used to smoke weed, I always noticed my voice got significantly lower, and quieter too.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 4:08 pm

i have no idea. it's strange to put an age on a voice

i'd say perhaps the way i speak might make me sound younger than my age. quite quiet and unsure and stuttery. but as to my actual voice.. :?

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2011, 8:54 pm

Yes, I sound much younger than I am, and I look younger too. I've been told it's cute and endearing, but I think sometimes it contributes to people taking me less seriously professionally.

Shishka
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Nov 2011, 7:18 am

I don't even know how many times I've been mistaken for my 8-year old sister on the phone anymore... :?

SeanLowe1288
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2011, 10:39 pm

Now that my birthday is getting closer and closer my voice is getting deeper and deeper so I guess its a phase that we all go through but sounding like a 17 year old for all of those years kind of sucks you know