Page 1 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Fort56
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2009, 7:45 am

Do you feel younger than your chronological age?

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Feb 2009, 8:28 am

No I feel a lot older although I feel people see me as being younger which I'm very sensitive over :cry:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 8:32 am

i do not know. i have never been anyone else who is my chronological age to compare it with.

Igor
Raven
Raven

23 Feb 2009, 9:05 am

I'm still quite naive in a lot of situations and this makes me feel younger, almost childish. Having said that, when I look at the way lots of people behave, I'm actually quite sensible; I just can't read between the lines or avoid the traps.

Ona purely social front, I feel like I'm about 15 - 20 years behind my actual age, but at least I guess it's improving.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 9:49 am

Now that I'm chronologically in my early thirties, I mentally feel at least 18. I still love all things sophomoric though. 8)

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 3:21 am

Socially I do. I would say that I feel somewhere between 16 and 24 years old, in that area. Lately though, I feel like I'm catching up to my actual age, at an advanced rate. Probably due to the fact that I finally got my anxiety under control(somewhat), and am starting to "normalize". By the time I'm 40, I might actually feel like I'm 40, although somehow I doubt it. :lol:

Those who know, don't speak.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 12:39 am

Night_Owl_Amber wrote:
No I feel a lot older although I feel people see me as being younger which I'm very sensitive over :cry:

I was going to say the same. I'm 24 but I feel like I'm 44. Before I shaved my mustache people thought I was older but now that it is gone, a lot of people think I'm younger. It doesn't bother me but I wish I could enjoy my youth while I still have it. :(

TheNeil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Feb 2009, 2:13 am

Generally...yes.

Physically 34 but mentally I often feel as though I'm about 7. :lol:

BlackjackGabbiani
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2009, 5:52 am

All the time, man. I'll be 29 this year and I refer to myself as the "world's oldest teenager".

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 9:19 am

Fort56 wrote:
Do you feel younger than your chronological age?

No. I feel no different to when I was half my age! Now that I'm in my mid-30s, that's beginning to fill me with panic. I still haven't done adult things such as buying a car, taking out a home loan or getting married, and I wonder if I'll ever be able to "crack" how to work towards doing such things now. Especially since a lot of people such as relatives and employers have assumed me not to be capable of such.

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 2:39 pm

I'm 30 but everyone thinks I'm around 20-23. I seem to have more to talk about with much older or much younger people , but generally dont get on with (nt) ppl my own age.

MrMisanthrope
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2009, 4:09 pm

Depends.

I've always felt myself to be a middle-aged crank/crotchety misanthrope, but when I am required to be in a group of my "peers" then I "feel" like a wet-backed kid... especially when some 30-somthing starts talking about his kid in Highschool.

Kids... the one "adult" experience I'll never have except as an Uncle...

True Liberty Expressed as Fiction: http://www.bigheadpress.com/tpbtgn

Alone-in-the-Crowd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Feb 2009, 12:15 am

I can't relate to NT women my age. At work, I hang out with women between 25 and 63 years of age! I feel like I am socially still a young adolescent. I haven't had the same life experiences as my peers like proms, sleepovers, etc. I have never lived on my own.....I married when I was 17 and had a severely disabled child, which now that I look back, was a good thing for me as she taught me to come out of myself and be responsible for someone else. She had Down's, Autism, Epilepsy and was deaf. She passed away 5 years ago at the age of 23. If it weren't for my experience with her, I wouldn't have the job I have now. I don't make enough to support myself, but it's extra money to contribute to some of the bills.

When I was in my 20's people thought I was a teenager. In my 30's, they thought I was in my 20's, but now I think I must be aging because when I tell people I'm 46, I don't get the shocked reaction :cry:

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 4:50 pm

I've never felt my age. The number shown on my profile for my age attests to my lack of age association.
Sometimes I'm quite childlike in a fresh, wondering sort of way, other times I feel older than the hills. I have a feeling of having seen everything there is to see and have done everything there is to do. However at the same time I have a childlike naivety and innocence. Age is weird.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2009, 2:32 am

I dont connect a feeling to an age

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Mar 2009, 5:51 pm

Alone-in-the-Crowd wrote:
When I was in my 20's people thought I was a teenager. In my 30's, they thought I was in my 20's, but now I think I must be aging because when I tell people I'm 46, I don't get the shocked reaction :cry:

I still get the shocked reaction. When in my 20's, people figured me for mid-teens; mostly because of my petite build, I guess. In my 30's, I was figured for being in my 20's. I even got carded a few times. Now, in my 50's, I am assumed to be in my 30's. I have decided to stop telling my age, since I hate feeling invalidated. A lot of NT's think I should be flattered, but I can take no credit for my genetic predisposition to looking young!