Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

indiana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

According to reports in the media, researchers at King's College Hospital, London, have discovered a way to diagnose autism and AS in adults by means of a 15 minute brain scan. This would reduce dramatically the cost of diagnosis for older sufferers.

It's also hoped that it would enable children to be diagnosed at a much younger age than is possible at present.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 2:58 pm

already a thread about this in another forum.
i think either the news forum or the activism one

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 4:03 pm

I think there's about 8 different threads about this now. But someone might have missed it, so thanks for posting! :lol:

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 4:23 am

Since when, though, did diagnosis do anything constructive for adult aspies apart from providing rational explanations for unacceptability?

Amongst adults, the autistics who successfully hide or mask their disability get along better, in my experience, than those who embrace diagnosis.

Bonne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Aug 2010, 5:46 am

Very good news for me and it's the first I've heard of it because I just arrived here.
The reason it sounds good is, I could be more sure. I had been playing with the idea of going to see someone; it would be more authoritative than the online test I took.