Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 6:59 am

Equality, inclusion and diversity remain a utopia for those with autism | Opinion

Quote:
South Florida is no exception; public and private sector support is scarce. There is a lack of trained professionals committed to developing and supporting neurodiverse children in schools. Furthermore, there’s a great need to create vocational schools to continue their education once they finish high school and companies that hire their services.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 11:06 am

Well, I go on the record to say, that living in Florida; means, unless you happen to live within one of the wealthy zip codes or areas, your most likely not to see sufficient resources for the autistic community overall.
I happen to live here in Florida though the Central area, yet employment resources are hardly adequate as well; a friend of mine whom is black literally struggles.Anyways, there needs to be something done to increase the resources for all autistic people across this entire state including the Southern region.