Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Dec 2019, 11:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Carly has taken this sort of "break" previously.

Were they preceded by claims she was assaulted and gaslighted?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 11:43 am

As I recall: No.

She just got tired of the obligations on her time.

There were about 7-8 episodes of her talk show on YouTube. I'll have to see if they are still around. She used a computer-like communications device to "speak."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 7:13 pm

The Toronto Police have confirmed a complaint was made by Carly but she chose not to press charges.

Non-verbal people are extremely vulnerable to physical sexual assault and she may be intimidated and embarrassed for her father (I am assuming this boyfriend must be bisexual) which may explain her reluctance.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 7:16 pm

magz wrote:
For me, the story seems fishy and illogical.
Why after the claimed "hacking" there was no signal from her?
The post still hanging on her fb does not look like her style.
The silence is too long.

It's also possible she is internalising the impact of the assault. PTSD often makes men and women go into a kind of shell as they become hyper-vigilant about experiencing something similar, especially if the perpetrator is still in her father's life.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Dec 2019, 2:21 am

Compliant and then not prressing charges is a sad pattern when it comes to domestic and sexual abuse :(

The thing is probably extremely embarrassing for the family, that may be the reason for the silence and crappy coverups. Possibly, the perpetrator is a manipulative villain standing behind staff suddenly changing their attitude and influencing Carly's father. That would make sense, IMO.
I don't think the father himself has ill intentions after so many years of supporting her but he may be prone to manipulation.
I hope they got rid of the guy and we will hear from Carly when she recovers from the trauma.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 3:38 am

magz wrote:
Compliant and then not prressing charges is a sad pattern when it comes to domestic and sexual abuse :(

The thing is probably extremely embarrassing for the family, that may be the reason for the silence and crappy coverups. Possibly, the perpetrator is a manipulative villain standing behind staff suddenly changing their attitude and influencing Carly's father. That would make sense, IMO.
I don't think the father himself has ill intentions after so many years of supporting her but he may be prone to manipulation.
I hope they got rid of the guy and we will hear from Carly when she recovers from the trauma.

I agree with everything you said, people are reaching out to Carly so hopefully she will eventually open up about what happened.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 6:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
The Toronto Police have confirmed a complaint was made by Carly but she chose not to press charges.

Non-verbal people are extremely vulnerable to physical sexual assault and she may be intimidated and embarrassed for her father (I am assuming this boyfriend must be bisexual) which may explain her reluctance.
How do you know there was a complaint filed,have been in contact with Toronto police.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2019, 10:39 am

vermontsavant wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

How do you know there was a complaint filed,have been in contact with Toronto police.

Autistic YouTube Personality Carly Fleischmann Says She Was Sexually Assaulted
Quote:
A spokesperson for Toronto police confirmed to The Mighty that a complaint was made in October 2018 and an investigation started. Fleischmann declined to press charges at the time of the original complaint. Toronto police are aware of the Facebook post. The case is still open, police said.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2021, 3:51 pm

Still no updates from anybody, still extremely concerning.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman