Desperation, Science, Charlatans and Alternative Treatments

Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:42 pm

"Unpublished preliminary findings" ranks down there with "Rumor has it".

:roll: Nothing more to see ... move along ... move along ...

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 12:30 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Amaltheia wrote:
"Are we autistics really so unbelievably awful that it's worth all this effort and money to try and fix us?"

I really wish someone would do an article on what it is about their autistic children all these parents hate so much.

I propose a new diagnosis "Autism Derangement Syndrome"

might be the same as what I call "aught-ism"

as in "aspie aught to be normal, and we will make it so."

trouble is, aspie is not big on being "made" to be "normal", and tends to meltdown in the face of such authoritarian nonsense.

I guess a key source of this nonsense is ABA?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 10:13 am

College takes action against British Columbia naturopath accused of producing fecal transplants in 'household lab'

Quote:
A B.C. naturopath who claims he can treat autism with fecal transplants at a clinic in Mexico has been barred from producing pills or enemas made from human feces while he's under investigation by several agencies.

The College of Naturopathic Physicians of B.C. says it has taken "extraordinary action" against Jason Klop in response to a complaint from a whistle-blowing former employee, who alleges that he manufactured these products in a "household lab" without standard procedures or quality control.

An Aug. 19 decision from the college's inquiry committee says that while the complaint is under investigation, Klop cannot manufacture, advertise or sell fecal microbiota transplants (FMT). He'll also be subject to random on-site audits to make sure he's not violating his conditions.

Previous CBC stories have revealed how Klop was charging about $15,000 US for autistic children as young as two years old to have FMT treatment at a clinic near Tijuana.

Fecal microbiota treatments take bacteria and other microbes from the poop of a healthy person and transfer them to a patient either anally or orally, with the goal of restoring a normal environment inside the gut.

Health Canada has already investigated an earlier complaint about Klop, and banned him from accepting Canadian patients at his Mexican retreats.

According to the latest decision from the college, the federal body has now opened a second investigation in response to the complaint from Klop's former employee.

Klop fought against the college's attempt to restrict his business, submitting affidavits from himself, a current employee and two clients.

In response to CBC's reporting on Klop's business last year, the B.C. Naturopathic Association, a volunteer professional organization, voted to suspend Klop's membership .

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 6:51 am

Las Vegas man sold fake COVID treatment with disinfectant made with machine used ‘to clean pools’

Quote:
A Las Vegas man is accused of making a so-called cure for COVID-19 and other ailments with chlorine dioxide, a substance used in bleach, documents show.

Elias Beltran Suarez, 53, faces one charge of acting as a medical practitioner without a license.

According to his arrest report, police received a tip that Beltran was allegedly “manufacturing and selling a cure for COVID-19, autism and cancer” from his apartment.

The product, “Miracle Mineral Solution,” was being marketed as a “miracle cure,” but is believed to have contained unsafe levels of the chemical, which is commonly used in bleach, police said.

The FDA writes those who consume chlorine dioxide have reported severe diarrhea and vomiting.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2021, 7:30 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Las Vegas man sold fake COVID treatment with disinfectant made with machine used ‘to clean pools’
Quote:
A Las Vegas man is accused of making a so-called cure for COVID-19 and other ailments with chlorine dioxide, a substance used in bleach, documents show.

Elias Beltran Suarez, 53, faces one charge of acting as a medical practitioner without a license.

According to his arrest report, police received a tip that Beltran was allegedly “manufacturing and selling a cure for COVID-19, autism and cancer” from his apartment.

The product, “Miracle Mineral Solution,” was being marketed as a “miracle cure,” but is believed to have contained unsafe levels of the chemical, which is commonly used in bleach, police said.

The FDA writes those who consume chlorine dioxide have reported severe diarrhea and vomiting.

Maybe he was a Trump supporter acting on his leader’s advice.

After all Trump did suggest drinking bleach to cure covid?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:06 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
College takes action against British Columbia naturopath accused of producing fecal transplants in 'household lab'
Quote:
A B.C. naturopath who claims he can treat autism with fecal transplants at a clinic in Mexico has been barred from producing pills or enemas made from human feces while he's under investigation by several agencies.

The College of Naturopathic Physicians of B.C. says it has taken "extraordinary action" against Jason Klop in response to a complaint from a whistle-blowing former employee, who alleges that he manufactured these products in a "household lab" without standard procedures or quality control.

An Aug. 19 decision from the college's inquiry committee says that while the complaint is under investigation, Klop cannot manufacture, advertise or sell fecal microbiota transplants (FMT). He'll also be subject to random on-site audits to make sure he's not violating his conditions.

Previous CBC stories have revealed how Klop was charging about $15,000 US for autistic children as young as two years old to have FMT treatment at a clinic near Tijuana.

Fecal microbiota treatments take bacteria and other microbes from the poop of a healthy person and transfer them to a patient either anally or orally, with the goal of restoring a normal environment inside the gut.

Health Canada has already investigated an earlier complaint about Klop, and banned him from accepting Canadian patients at his Mexican retreats.

According to the latest decision from the college, the federal body has now opened a second investigation in response to the complaint from Klop's former employee.

Klop fought against the college's attempt to restrict his business, submitting affidavits from himself, a current employee and two clients.

In response to CBC's reporting on Klop's business last year, the B.C. Naturopathic Association, a volunteer professional organization, voted to suspend Klop's membership .

B.C. naturopath claims college can't stop him from selling fecal transplants to treat autistic kids
Quote:
A Fraser Valley naturopath has filed a legal action against his professional regulator, alleging it doesn't have the power to stop him from producing fecal transplants in his B.C. lab to administer to autistic children in Mexico.

Klop has filed a petition in B.C. Supreme Court asking for a judge to step in and quash the college's action. That document includes allegations that the college has overstepped its powers by setting guidelines outside its jurisdiction to regulate the practice of naturopathy.

As for the regulation of fecal transplant products, Klop argues that's the domain of Health Canada.

None of the allegations in the petition have been proven in court and the college has yet to file a response. Asked for comment, college registrar Carina Herman said the college has received the petition and will file its response "in due course."