Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 7:09 am

Disability Scoop

Quote:
Federal officials are looking for feedback from the public as a key panel works to update the government’s autism agenda for the first time in years.

The Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee, a group of government officials and members of the autism community that’s charged with advising the secretary of health and human services and coordinating federal autism activities, is working to update its Strategic Plan for Autism Spectrum Disorder. The plan guides priorities for autism research, services and supports and is relied on by both federal agencies and private organizations.

As part of the process, the committee is seeking input from stakeholders.

The IACC is requesting comment on what you consider to be the most important issues, needs and gaps in these seven topical areas that could be addressed by federal programs and activities, and/or in partnership with community organizations,” reads the committee’s announcement.

The strategic plan has been organized around several topics — screening and diagnosis, biology, risk factors, treatments and interventions, services, lifespan issues and infrastructure and surveillance. In addition, the IACC is seeking input on two new topics, one related to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the autism community and the other about considerations for underserved populations like racial and ethnic minorities, economically disadvantaged communities and rural population.

Public comments are being collected through Nov. 30.

Request for Public Comments on the Development of the 2021-2022 IACC Strategic Plan for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 4:43 am

I had to look this up to see this is USA related. Here is a link to the agency info. https://iacc.hhs.gov/ once again timely and relevant posts... I had no idea of this agency or that this was going on. Thank you

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson