Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

apex116
Raven
Raven

07 Dec 2021, 8:06 am

Reasons for “Why is Autism Speaks badly?” Because it doesn’t help autistic children and adults as they promised. Autism Speaks is one of the largest autism organization, yet they are not focusing on autism affected people and their families. Only 4-5% of their funds actually helps people with autism.

If you could please list all your reasons below, I'll send Autism Speaks a message referencing this forum.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 7:53 pm

I think they are Narcissistic, not Neurotypical

I call them "Money Talks" and thank them for their NYSE bell ringing bs on the first autism awareness day, its great ammo for exposing their true color.

Dvdz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2021, 8:16 pm

apex116 wrote:
Only 4-5% of their funds actually helps people with autism.

How do you know this? Where are you getting this information?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 10:06 pm

Dvdz wrote:
apex116 wrote:
According to  This Philanthropy Daily Article , 70.9% of Autism Speaks's revenue is devoted to directly furthering its mission, compared to 79.8% of Autistic Self Advocacy Network's revenue and 91.5% of Autism Science Foundation's revenue.

Somebody seems to have failed to do the math.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 11:41 pm

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 1:05 am

Fnord wrote:
Dvdz wrote:
apex116 wrote:
According to  This Philanthropy Daily Article , 70.9% of Autism Speaks's revenue is devoted to directly furthering its mission, compared to 79.8% of Autistic Self Advocacy Network's revenue and 91.5% of Autism Science Foundation's revenue.

Somebody seems to have failed to do the math.

big time. needs a minus sign in front of any so called help coming from there.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 3:14 pm

I have read about Autism Speaks before and they do a lot of research on Autism, not just in terms of classifying Autism for scientific literature and the nomenclature within such literature, but also genetic research and so on.

Previously, they were criticised for pursuing a 'cure' in a scientific manner, yet everything else they did has been overlooked and the 'hurt feelings' that 'the cure' aspect caused, was magnified and became the only thing the organisation was perceived as, by the wokeologists.

Imagine a pie chart of research. 95% of the pie chart is research that is helpful (I don't know the exact figure, that's just an estimate). 5% is toxic to the Autistic community in the view of the Autistic community.

So you would think people would try to affect change in the 5% of toxicity. But instead they just set the whole pie chart on fire?

Borking mad.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:39 pm

Saying, "All Asians are good at math" is a racist statement. Saying, "All Autistics are good at math" is an ableist statement.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 5:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
Saying, "All Asians are good at math" is a racist statement. Saying, "All Autistics are good at math" is an ableist statement.

wtf does this have to do with the thread?

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 6:10 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:

. 5% is toxic to the Autistic community in the view of the Autistic community.

Borking mad.

I would guess you admire their stance of Vax, contradictory and in the way, a nuisance even.

btw a lot of Non autistics think it is toxic, or more specifically shocking.

I think they may have done something after this vid got 100ks of views. :skull:

no it wasnt the vid lol, it was when the legal issues brought headlines to Judge R Center.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/advocacy-n ... ck-therapy

gee thanks for noticing after shilling the place for years. :skull:

Dvdz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2021, 2:40 am

The_Znof wrote:

It sounds to me that, for you, anything that Autism Speaks does is detrimental to autistics. Why is that?

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 7:54 am

I’ve said before when you put your organization out there to be the go to charity for something as controversial and divisive as autism you are going to upset some people on either side.

So they come out and say autism is a form of left handed ness that shouldn’t be cured and become another ASAN they then loose support from gov , medical professionals, parents and those who want to be cured.

They stick to the pathology status they upset ND campaigners so they can’t win.

I believe anti ND campaigner Johnathan Mitchell has stated he hates A.S since they removed their cure aim from their website.

So hated and blamed by all sides

- George Bernie Shaw

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 8:12 am

Dvdz wrote:
The_Znof wrote:

It sounds to me that, for you, anything that Autism Speaks does is detrimental to autistics. Why is that?

It was poorly phrased by me, I meant that as a whole they are detrimental, putting a minus in front of whatever part of the budget is supposed to be helping.

apex116
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2021, 1:07 pm

Fnord wrote:

Love it.

apex116
Raven
Raven

17 Dec 2021, 1:08 pm

https://www.autismspeaks.org/contact-us

Just message the autism response team :cry:

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2021, 3:58 pm

I think they are a waste because they only deny that vaccines cause autism and then vaguely say it is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, but when I called up about getting to the bottom of everything about what appears to be the cause of autism and asked for help about being victimized by my doctors for discussing alternative treatments, they did nothing to advocate for me or try to elaborate more detailed about their research teams info.