Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 8:46 pm

I recently stumbled upon an old blog entry about the infamous "autism killing", where a mother suffocated her three year old daughter due to the vaccine hype:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2008/ ... f_harm.php

Note that at the end, the woman says she wasn't killing her daughter, but killing "autism". This is what it has come to. The "disease" and the "sufferer" have merged into one in the NT mind, and "autism" has taken on otherworldly overtones that sound like demonic possession. The autistic is not a neurodiverse individual to be treasured for what he is, but a normal person possessed by a demonic entity called Autism that must be exorcised from him in order for the "real person" to return.

The history of mankind's belief that evil entities can possess people and change their personalities is littered with the bodies of those unfortunates whose "cures" (exorcisms) went too far. The newest demon on the block isn't Beezlebub but the ill defined "Autism". Autism possesses your child and won't let go unless you torture it out-chelation, mainly, but I've heard of hydrocolonics and chemical castration. Inevitably, the torture kills, just like the exorcisms of the Middle Ages killed.

Even worse is the whole notion of the Autism "possessed" as being evil forces among NTs to be eliminated or forced to become "normal" via the removal of the entity. In the past, such ideas inevitably led to genocide of the targets in order to cleanse the world and return it to an idealized time in which the evil had no hold on men. Squint a little, and it's not hard to imagine a post-apocalyptic America in which autistics are blamed for an economic collapse and are chased across the countryside and through the decaying cities by angry followers of a messiah who insists that Autism is the source of the collapse and must therefore be eliminated for good times to return. The only way to do that, of course, is to eliminate the possessed.

Also, the phasing out of vaccinations as a result of autism hysteria almost guarantees the return of the society destroying plagues that ripped kingdoms asunder in the middle ages. Coupled with the growing power of churches, and economic hard times due to too much debt, AND the economic and social stresses of millions of autistics, it's a perfect storm. The death machine has already been perfected, the NTs now know how to get rid of large numbers of people in a short time. Aspies are unlikely to fight back, too.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 10:26 pm

The initial anti-christian tone tedious, but later in the piece you adopt apocalyptic doomsday/plague notions from religion. Have it both ways eh?

Malsane
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2008, 11:20 pm

:wall:
Why must people be stupid? Killing autism? No, killing a child! And they think we're crazy?

29 Jul 2008, 12:00 am

Obvious the mother loved her daughter because she said she is in a better place and she killed the autism, not her. But it's obvious her daughter wasn't suffering because was a happy little girl and it sounded like she was normal from what was said about her despite her autism.

Taimaat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2008, 12:07 am

Ever wonder if maybe they should try "possession" rather than exorcism? You know, put demons into autistic kids.

RedSands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2008, 12:11 am

Postperson wrote:
The initial anti-christian tone tedious, but later in the piece you adopt apocalyptic doomsday/plague notions from religion. Have it both ways eh?

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Excellent comment.

RedSands
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2008, 12:22 am

More on-topic, call me crazy, but I still see a possible link between vaccines and autism and little wrong with exploring alternatives.

I mean, when I was vaccinated thirty years ago, I received WAY fewer chemicals and had them spread out over a longer time frame than what I'm hearing that kids today are getting. Sure, eliminating vaccines altogether is dangerous and there is a strong argument against that. But what on Earth could be wrong with only giving your child the vaccines that are absolutely necessary and not throwing all of them into the poor kid's system at the same time? I'm still alive, and it's not like kids in my second-grade class were dropping left and right from disease either.

Even if it's not causing autism, it's probably causing something else.

Maybe my Didacticism Detector is set a little sensitive, but articles like this, which are emotionally-worded and make copious use of value judgements raise red flags for me. It seems like the same adjectives are popping up in every story I read on this subject: "irresponsible" "fringe" etc. This raises the ominous image of somebody passing a memo around, you know?

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 12:45 am

Weird things get into people's heads and seem to control them. It gets where mere drug addiction and sexual perversion are positively benign compared to an addiction to the violent enforcement of morality and the same kind of violent enforcement of a worldview.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 5:27 am

The mother is a bloody b***h.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 5:47 am

Malsane wrote:
:wall:
Why must people be stupid? Killing autism? No, killing a child! And they think we're crazy?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 7:58 am

Quote:
In a videotaped confession played in court Thursday, McCarron said she began having thoughts of hurting her daughter a year before the May 2006 slaying but put them out of her mind. On the day of the killing, though, the thoughts were stronger than ever.

That sounds if she might have struggled with a mental disorder. If she truly thought that the killing would save her daughter she must have been quite unstable and thus inclined to be corrupted by messages such as the vaccination theory about ASDs.

Apparently, whatever moved her, she did not bring it to anybody's attention nor was it brought to attention by anyone else around her. There might be the possibility that the murder of the child could have been prevented if this woman had received help.

Well, nobody will ever know.

Rack
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2008, 10:50 am

Being someone who nearly died from measles and was permanently left hard of hearing as a result I'm particularly sensitive to claims like "what's the harm in delaying it?" In my own case, rather a lot of harm, the MMR vaccination could well have saved me if I'd had it.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 11:26 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Obvious the mother loved her daughter because she said she is in a better place and she killed the autism, not her. But it's obvious her daughter wasn't suffering because was a happy little girl and it sounded like she was normal from what was said about her despite her autism.

No, this was planned, premeditated murder. My friends know the family quite well. The mother is saying this stuff as an attempt to get a more lenient sentence and to get public sympathy (which she's obviously getting even from people who condemn the act). She knew exactly what she was doing, and it was not and was never love. Evil isn't a mental disorder.

Remnant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 1:30 pm

Evil often comes from believing that the world is better off is something or someone is destroyed.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 1:56 pm

RedSands wrote:
More on-topic, call me crazy, but I still see a possible link between vaccines and autism and little wrong with exploring alternatives.

I mean, when I was vaccinated thirty years ago, I received WAY fewer chemicals and had them spread out over a longer time frame than what I'm hearing that kids today are getting. Sure, eliminating vaccines altogether is dangerous and there is a strong argument against that. But what on Earth could be wrong with only giving your child the vaccines that are absolutely necessary and not throwing all of them into the poor kid's system at the same time? I'm still alive, and it's not like kids in my second-grade class were dropping left and right from disease either.

Even if it's not causing autism, it's probably causing something else.

Maybe my Didacticism Detector is set a little sensitive, but articles like this, which are emotionally-worded and make copious use of value judgements raise red flags for me. It seems like the same adjectives are popping up in every story I read on this subject: "irresponsible" "fringe" etc. This raises the ominous image of somebody passing a memo around, you know?

My goodness, at last, someone who speaks sense!!

I've just put a post much to that effect on the homepage story about some X-Files star weighing in on the 'anti-vaccinators are irresponsible, pseudo-science touting, dangerous, fringe, fear-mongering desperate people' thing. Those words are all in the post about it, by the way - more highly-emotive language designed to polarise the subject and make the reader think the person writing it is right (obviously!).

It drives me mad, especially given there's nothing dangerous, desperate, and certainly as far from irresponsible as you can get about wanting to look after your child, read up on what you're giving them rather than blindly allowing doctors to do it, and make a decision about it based on scientific fact rather than just following the crowd and the preachings of the best fear-mongerers around; the media and the pharmaceutical industry.

I don't believe vaccines cause autism (though I'll accept some vaccine damage could potentially manifest as autistic-like behaviour, given the ingredients and what they can potentially do) but there's no way in hell I'll ever be vaccinating my children or having another one again myself. They're too dangerous, the ingredients are too toxic, and as you rightly pointed out - there are waaaaaaaay too many of them and too many given at once! Goodness, a friend's daughter had SEVEN in one go the other day against even more viruses (taking the combined ones into consideration)! !

*sigh*

Rant over. I just find it a real rarity to find someone else bringing up the annoying use of emotive language - with that same group of adjectives, as you said - in posts to try and bring readers over to 'their side', whatever it is. And to speak some sense when it comes to vaccines; that maybe there is something to the autism/vaccine thing, that maybe they aren't as good as the media would have you believe, that maybe exercising caution is a good idea, and that there's nothing wrong with looking into alternatives or into treatments if they're safe.

Edit: typo

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 3:35 pm

The article brings out a good point: that the MESSAGE of the anti-vaccination group is the harm.

I've seen it in young mothers I know. Complete fear of autism. Looking for every possible sign.

And those parents posting in some other groups, the belief that if you don't try everything, you've failed your child.

The blog I read by a mother trying to "cleanse" herself before attempting to have another child. Testing, buying special products, waiting.

Don't we all have enought to worry about and expend our resources on already? Isn't our energy better spent getting to know our unique children, and spending quality time with them?

We could create a slower, more rational vaccination schedule and these side effects will not melt away; they will be with us for a very, very long time. THAT is a problem all by itself.