Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2010, 3:17 pm

I don't like it because I feel it only focuses on the negative sides of autism, but what do you think?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:26 pm

The people in it have classic autism, so people are bound to focus on solely the negative aspects.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:28 pm

Isn't this the one where the Autism Speaks women says she'd drive off a bridge with her autistic daughter in the car if it wasn't for her NT daughter?

Disgusting.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:30 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Isn't this the one where the Autism Speaks women says she'd drive off a bridge with her autistic daughter in the car if it wasn't for her NT daughter?

Disgusting.

Yep, that one.

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2010, 3:32 pm

Asp-Z wrote:

Disgusting.

Yeah. She said she'd rather do that than put her daughter in a public school, but still you NEVER talk about killing your own child, your own flesh and blood, especially when she's in the same room!

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 3:32 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Disgusting.

Yep, that one.

Remind me again why these people are in charge of an autism charity?

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Remind me again why these people are in charge of an autism charity?
Because it's become a self-perpetuating thing whose main function is to raise money---just like a telenvangelist.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

We should not let the fact that they're doing it wrong prevent us from doing it right.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 5:23 pm

WE NEED TO DRIVE YOU ALL OFF BRIDGES FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! GIVE US YOUR MONEY NOW!

oddgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Nov 2010, 6:26 pm

Asp-Z wrote:

Disgusting.

No one deserves a parent who would kill them "for their own good" That woman is so sick and disturbed!

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 11:38 pm

Asp-Z wrote:

I would love to see all of Autism Speaks rounded up into a BART train and controlled via ATC off the end of the line in Fremont, Pleasanton or Pittsburg. They're glorifying autism if you ask me. And if the Comcast-NBC merger goes through, they'll have Comcast's war chest to live off.

Nothing but a bunch of socialite leeches if you ask me.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

nthach wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

I would love to see all of Autism Speaks rounded up into a BART train and controlled via ATC off the end of the line in Fremont, Pleasanton or Pittsburg. They're glorifying autism if you ask me. And if the Comcast-NBC merger goes through, they'll have Comcast's war chest to live off.

1. How is Autism Speaks glorifying autism? If anything they're bashing it.
2. I don't like AS either, but wanting them all to die is a bit much. :/

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 6:43 pm

They have gotten a little better. Maybe someday they will come around, but atm they are still a band of gypsies.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 2:37 am

Delirium wrote:
nthach wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

1. How is Autism Speaks glorifying autism? If anything they're bashing it.
2. I don't like AS either, but wanting them all to die is a bit much. :/

By "glorify" they are getting the media bandwagon to attract attention to autism. And celebrities as well - even though I truly think most celebrities really don't give a damn - they're too worried about themselves. And the people who run AS are a bunch of spoiled socialites that have everything they want from their husbands - but yet they need a "cause" to blow their money on. Why not contribute to something that could be cured like cancer or diabetes instead?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 3:57 pm

nintendogurl1990 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Disgusting.

Yeah. She said she'd rather do that than put her daughter in a public school, but still you NEVER talk about killing your own child, your own flesh and blood, especially when she's in the same room!

Take both kids away from this nutcase of a woman.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 4:31 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
nintendogurl1990 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Disgusting.

Take both kids away from this nutcase of a woman.

Why would people dislike us? Why do others want to kill us, or create autistic genocide? Are we failures? I don't understand why people don't want us around. That is just stupid of that woman to say that about her own daughter, and it's just sick, in my opinion.