Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Arminius
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2011, 2:05 pm

I am a college student. I would rate that a three out of ten. I make my money playing tuba. That is a twelve.

shadowchyld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2011, 1:35 am

3rd shift security at a gated community. It's slow, and the few people that come through don't stick around long enough for me to babble on about some BS I just researched for an hour and a half. I'd give it about an 8. Pays the bills, and I get to sit on sites like yahoo answers and WP all night, every night LOL

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 5:19 am

22yrs in petrochemical/compressed gasses field as .....everything, fitter/fabricator/welder/electrician/assembly/testing/rigger
main job now is ,master pipe fitter and fabricator, I can move around, probably inspection next,

Before this I built homes and apartments and before that a helicopter mechanic in the army, before that

I was cooking in a fast food restaurant,! !

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 6:33 am

I clean offices. I've been doing it for over 10 years.

Ishtara
Raven
Raven

27 Mar 2011, 9:37 pm

Cormac_doyle wrote:
nostromo wrote:
Sit at work, drink coffee, read the dilbert, text my wife etc. Also when I get motivated I design data networks and voip systems and things like that. Sometimes fix stuff.
Its pretty good, I'd give it an 8.

lol; I sit at work, drink coffee, read xkcd, and when I get motivated I review a few support cases advanced to me by the NTs on the phones to customers and see if I can fix them (or advance them to engineering if the underlying product needs code changes). If my boss is watching, I look busy. I'd give it a 7 or 8 (depends on my mood).

Working with computers and only having to deal with emails and IM's really helps!

I sit a work, drink tea, read XKCD, and occasionally answer the phone or my emails. I do IT helpdesk for a niche software company. They get enough calls that it takes too much of the developers time to answer them, but not really enough to keep me busy full-time. In the quiet hours I surf the net and study (I'm doing a criminology degree part-time via external study). I would have given it a 4 until recently, but the people making my life a nightmare recently quit, so now I'd give it an 8.

russian
Raven
Raven

28 Mar 2011, 5:32 am

-I'm an EFL teacher. At my second university job in North East China. I worked ROK junior high schools before that. Pay is terrible in the west, but I get a free apartment, utilities, and spend $15 a day and save $100 a week being here. And I'm debt free and single. It's not for everyone though.

MyWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2011, 12:10 am

shadowchyld wrote:
3rd shift security at a gated community. It's slow, and the few people that come through don't stick around long enough for me to babble on about some BS I just researched for an hour and a half. I'd give it about an 8. Pays the bills, and I get to sit on sites like yahoo answers and WP all night, every night LOL

That's pretty cool that you get surf the internet on your job. I bet a lot of people wouldn't mind having your job. :) I currently unemployed, but I do have an interview coming up soon. Really hope I get the job.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 12:17 am

I am actully going to college so I can have grants and loans to live on until i figure something else out. That is the actual truth, but sometimes I tell certain people in my family that I plan on getting a degree that will make me self sufficent.

BassMan_720
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2011, 12:35 am

Erm!

I'm a professional trainspotter... Really! :oops:

Well! That is what my work has been described as. It has nothing to do with my AS and I have no personal interest in trains. It is just a job that I have fallen into. It pays well and I have no shortage of international job offers.

No! I don't stand on empty platforms collecting train Nos.

Hermid
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2011, 2:14 pm

Unemployed, I got fired after 2.5 weeks from my last job, because I was not suited for the position(even tho I was just getting the hang of things!), I don't know if AS had anything to do with me getting let go, because they except perfection after two weeks from any new hire, they fired the guy who started the same day as me as well. I wont be working for places that operate like that again, hence I will be asking that question before they hire me!.

I work on tanks and APC's at a tank museum on the weekend, I hope to become a Heavy Duty Mechanic some day:)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 2:37 pm

college at the moment

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 6:13 pm

I'm disabled from work and college due to extremely severe anxiety so... I am a writer. I write stories... but I haven't published them. I do hope that someday I will have the chance to do so. Writing is my passion and a gift and I use it a lot when writing blogs or stories of my own. To me, its more of a job I can handle doing all at my own pace without dealing with my massive anxiety issues.

I still live with my parents at the moment and I receive SSI as well.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive