Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Would you like the videos posted?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
No 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 8

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

20 Mar 2011, 6:15 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
Bethie wrote:
I've consulted with several other people, and they concur that this character is likely a troll.

Future posters, you've been warned.

Ci is not a troll. Please don't make such accusations publicly. Ci has a very unusual point of view and a very unusual communication style, and this is to be expected on a site focused on ASD.

I'm all for diverse opinions.

People who make ten posts ranting about the same thing without really responding to the input of others is not someone whose intent I'd consider an honest one.

Sorry if that was considered a snap judgment on my part, but after trying a dozen times to engage someone and being insulted for it, I tend to call a spade "a spade".

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 6:29 pm

If you read through some of Ci's other posts you will see this is not an intentional act on his part, this is literally how he communicates. He has difficulties in this area, but shouldn't be accused of being a troll for it.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 6:31 pm

I responded clearly. Autism as it is for diagnoses purposes is a disability that hinders functional normalcy. It is my expectation that individuals choices be held intact and regardless as to what treatments will be developed protected by human rights law and I'd expect changes in society for choice based inclusion while respecting the diversity of what is. I don't think it is fair for me to be perceived defected thus innately at fault but it is the responsibility of a country that claims diversity to as well embrace what is and to make differences part of the said melting pot.

The label is about defect and or innate differences. Yet differences are no excuse for intolerance within a diversity. A country, a democracy and a philosophy of tolerance simply cannot be judged true without it's principles fully realized. It is an individuals choice to believe what they want about a label but with concern to the law and scientific establishment the label is about disability for reasons of adaptation. Science clearly is the human foundation of the human species adaptations in advancement.

If you don't want to say autism is a disability it's at conflict with the idea of a adaptive coexistence within a societal functional normalcy. If you don't want to say it is a disability to build self-confidence this can be a form of a adaptation in of itself. However I believe the two can coexist whilst respecting what is.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

20 Mar 2011, 6:41 pm

MidlifeAspie wrote:
If you read through some of Ci's other posts you will see this is not an intentional act on his part, this is literally how he communicates. He has difficulties in this area, but shouldn't be accused of being a troll for it.

Okie-doke.

Apologies.

:D

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 7:32 pm

ci wrote:
I responded clearly. Autism as it is for diagnoses purposes is a disability that hinders functional normalcy. It is my expectation that individuals choices be held intact and regardless as to what treatments will be developed protected by human rights law and I'd expect changes in society for choice based inclusion while respecting the diversity of what is. I don't think it is fair for me to be perceived defected thus innately at fault but it is the responsibility of a country that claims diversity to as well embrace what is and to make differences part of the said melting pot.

The label is about defect and or innate differences. Yet differences are no excuse for intolerance within a diversity. A country, a democracy and a philosophy of tolerance simply cannot be judged true without it's principles fully realized. It is an individuals choice to believe what they want about a label but with concern to the law and scientific establishment the label is about disability for reasons of adaptation. Science clearly is the human foundation of the human species adaptations in advancement.

If you don't want to say autism is a disability it's at conflict with the idea of a adaptive coexistence within a societal functional normalcy. If you don't want to say it is a disability to build self-confidence this can be a form of a adaptation in of itself. However I believe the two can coexist whilst respecting what is.

Within the guidelines of the American Disabilities Act Autism is technically considered a disability and it is a good thing for those that need protection from the ADA in the workplace. For a higher functioning person that has the condition, mainstreamed into society, they are often considered odd rather than disabled. And, finally for a person that works really hard to be normal the adaptation that you speak of to build self-confidence is extremely important to some.

I think as you intimate it is important that the full spectrum understands the different needs required as the condition is expressed from individual to individual. While it is important that groups like ASAN support neurodiversity to assist in acceptance and self confidence; it is just important that groups like Autism Speaks continues to research to find treatments to help people that are more significantly disabled by the condition.

I think you have come to the understanding that neurodiversity and research for treatment are both noble causes and are integral to the well being of all those considered within the spectrum.

The word cure is antithetical to the psychology behind I'm okay as I am, but it shouldn't create an adverse reaction to fund research to treat the more severely disabling symptoms of Autism. It is a reality that society demands; there is room for neurodiversity and research for treatment.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

aghogday wrote:
Within the guidelines of the American Disabilities Act Autism is technically considered a disability and it is a good thing for those that need protection from the ADA in the workplace. For a higher functioning person that has the condition, mainstreamed into society, they are often considered odd rather than disabled. And, finally for a person that works really hard to be normal the adaptation that you speak of to build self-confidence is extremely important to some.

I think as you intimate it is important that the full spectrum understands the different needs required as the condition is expressed from individual to individual. While it is important that groups like ASAN support neurodiversity to assist in acceptance and self confidence; it is just important that groups like Autism Speaks continues to research to find treatments to help people that are more significantly disabled by the condition.

I think you have come to the understanding that neurodiversity and research for treatment are both noble causes and are integral to the well being of all those considered within the spectrum.

The word cure is antithetical to the psychology behind I'm okay as I am, but it shouldn't create an adverse reaction to fund research to treat the more severely disabling symptoms of Autism. It is a reality that society demands; there is room for neurodiversity and research for treatment.

intimate & antithetical

These two words are somewhat enlightening to a model and framework I already conceptualized. I think I will use them but not in presentation. Folks do not like wordy and big words in general at times because if they don't understand they can get upset. It's as if because someone knows big words they are right and the more simplex minds feel as if they are being talked over. There are conflicts between acceptance agendas and treatment human rights in public relations especially if one agenda goes out of it's way to confront the other.

The two can coexist but both seem to be near mutually protected by human rights and the more one is attacked by the other the stronger the opposed gets at times even if at first not noticed. They are part of the same pond and if one pebble is thrown the effect is felt mutually and if water is removed such as awareness and support for adaption by the public because waves have gotten to large and past the shores from large rocks thrown the entire pond grows smaller and has less resource. The phrase defeating oneself might be applicable in some ways when applicable.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 9:43 pm

ci wrote:
aghogday wrote:

intimate & antithetical

These two words are somewhat enlightening to a model and framework I already conceptualized. I think I will use them but not in presentation. Folks do not like wordy and big words in general at times because if they don't understand they can get upset. It's as if because someone knows big words they are right and the more simplex minds feel as if they are being talked over. There are conflicts between acceptance agendas and treatment human rights in public relations especially if one agenda goes out of it's way to confront the other.

The two can coexist but both seem to be near mutually protected by human rights and the more one is attacked by the other the stronger the opposed gets at times even if at first not noticed. They are part of the same pond and if one pebble is thrown the effect is felt mutually and if water is removed such as awareness and support for adaption by the public because waves have gotten to large and past the shores from large rocks thrown the entire pond grows smaller and has less resource. The phrase defeating oneself might be applicable in some ways when applicable.

You intimate with your metaphors; at times I do the same thing. Metaphors can be harder to understand, but they are harder to forget, if one takes time to understand them. The stones being thrown at the Cure and treatment Pond are too small and too few to make much of an impact as compared to the stones of those that ask for a cure and research for better treatments.

If a prenatal test for Autism is ever developed there will probably be a larger variety and number of stones thrown into the pond. But I doubt the funding for treatment will ever be affected much, as long as there are concerned parents; they comprise the majority of the concerned and have control of most of the stones.

That said, there really is no motivation for any significant interference in the neurodiversity pond; it is mostly an independent entity; that plays a significant role for those that live with autism.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with continued concern and monitoring of the big cure and treatment pond for stones. I also suppose there is nothing wrong with throwing stones in that pond. It is not healthy to keep stones bottled up.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:07 pm

It is easy to see the idea of acceptance as innocent. Yet in this pursuit a great deal of unhappiness has been created, emotional hardship and adversity. For the adult who is well integrated that calls the mother of child with severe autism a pity monger I say this is a rock and it has hit the child and is hatred. Acceptance in of itself is innocent but those seeking it that conspire hatred in discourse and seed the ideas of despondency in innocent minds for other issues are simply using those minds for their agenda. Neurodiversity has been tainted with the seeds of hatred and the weeds must be pulled before neurodiversity can be respected by all individuals with autism. Look at what the Martin Luther King Jr. said. This is the Neurodiversity I want and not emotional rock throwers making unpopular the seeds of compassion, love, mercy and acceptance by means of adversity.

I think you have underestimated the effect of despondency in the name of acceptance. A pursuit by some that seeks emotional harm to those that seek change for those that need help. This acceptance idea I feel more prone toward being able to be realized within the ranks of what others call the autism bigots then that of the acceptance of those that create mountains out of mole hills due to the fear of possibilities.

Nathan Young

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:31 pm

ci wrote:
It is easy to see the idea of acceptance as innocent. Yet in this pursuit a great deal of unhappiness has been created, emotional hardship and adversity. For the adult who is well integrated that calls the mother of child with severe autism a pity monger I say this is a rock and it has hit the child and is hatred. Acceptance in of itself is innocent but those seeking it that conspire hatred in discourse and seed the ideas of despondency in innocent minds for other issues are simply using those minds for their agenda. Neurodiversity has been tainted with the seeds of hatred and the weeds must be pulled before neurodiversity can be respected by all individuals with autism. Look at what the Martin Luther King Jr. said. This is the Neurodiversity I want and not emotional rock throwers making unpopular the seeds of compassion, love, mercy and acceptance by means of adversity.

I think you have underestimated the effect of despondency in the name of acceptance. A pursuit by some that seeks emotional harm to those that seek change for those that need help. This acceptance idea I feel more prone toward being able to be realized within the ranks of what others call the autism bigots then that of the acceptance of those that create mountains out of mole hills due to the fear of possibilities.

Nathan Young

Maybe I have underestimated it; my experience and knowledge is limited. If that is the case, it may be a reason to be concerned about that large pond and associated stones.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:34 pm

I am going to balance it out. I'm not even going to confront specific people or organizations.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 10:58 pm

ci wrote:
I am going to balance it out. I'm not even going to confront specific people or organizations.

Balance.

A proven method of success in all areas of life.

Good on you.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 3:26 am

Here is another one I made.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cF1ZdUF2Xc[/youtube]

This is a fictional depiction of common political persuasions in the autism awareness community. It is a low quality version with some bugs. I am still learning the video software.

Nathan Young