Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:44 am

Eugenics and the Nazis -- the California connection

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/11/09/ING9C2QSKB1.DTL (long)

This is a prime reason why I won't support Autism Speaks until they commit to ethical guidelines for their research. They appear to be making progress but they need to do more.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ci
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:53 am

Apples and oranges. Treating women as if they are Nazi's for making personal choices is well the scheme of politics as usual. While I don't like abortion myself, wouldn't make that choice if it were me and cannot see autism abortion happening these politics are disruptive. The only thing being taught is a false premise that people with autism are a hated minority group then it gets twisted up and used as a political tool to treat people disrespectfully, unfairly and so on. The Nazi's also used propaganda against the Jews by making them out to being who they were not. When people care about people with autism who do want and or do need treatment and desire to develop potential cures for specific symptoms like the inability to speak and sensory integration problems it seems more like an underhanded political tactic to cause harm to those rights. As original causation seems to be part of the problem to solve difficulties by figuring out the roots of the issue the abortion debate is quite sincerely problematic to those rights. I'm not sure that any research in context to Autism Speaks specifically says it's about abortion but solving difficulties. The organization also stands for insurance reforms to support autism treatment which is also a mainstream political issue those against abortion may potentially not support traditionally

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2011, 6:04 am

ci wrote:
Apples and oranges. Treating women as if they are Nazi's for making personal choices is well the scheme of politics as usual. While I don't like abortion myself, wouldn't make that choice if it were me and cannot see autism abortion happening these politics are disruptive. The only thing being taught is a false premise that people with autism are a hated minority group then it gets twisted up and used as a political tool to treat people disrespectfully, unfairly and so on. The Nazi's also used propaganda against the Jews by making them out to being who they were not. When people care about people with autism who do want and or do need treatment and desire to develop potential cures for specific symptoms like the inability to speak and sensory integration problems it seems more like an underhanded political tactic to cause harm to those rights. As original causation seems to be part of the problem to solve difficulties by figuring out the roots of the issue the abortion debate is quite sincerely problematic to those rights. I'm not sure that any research in context to Autism Speaks specifically says it's about abortion but solving difficulties. The organization also stands for insurance reforms to support autism treatment which is also a mainstream political issue those against abortion may potentially not support traditionally
\\

Eh?

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 4:01 pm

How could you have ethical guidelines for research?

The results of research in Downes did lead to a discovery, that lead to abortions. Was this evil, or just information?

Research can only produce better knowledge, a good thing, how it will be applied is always an unknown.

Autism Speaks has disproven more than they have proven. That was a good thing. Stem Cells, Human cloning, ethical guidelines, religious views, have only driven the science out of the country.

The advance of knowledge will never stop, and those who add to the sum of knowledge will never control it. Pre control before research would only slow the process down locally.