Page 2 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

ci
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

In several posts you have either said I was calling you a liar when I was not, asking me not to criticize you and have taken things very personally when they have otherwise not been directed at you. This is a civil conversation about a matter that is complex. It's attached to a world view and is individually highly subjective and in other-ways political driven in agenda. We are taking into account a theory of the mind which is imperfect along with the other side issues. What would be nice is a complete lay out of your emotions with certain subjects like being associated with lower functioning individuals and your beliefs of autism and then your emotions with how mainstream portrays it. My suggestion is to allow criticism just the same as there are different books with different opinions. The philosophy you present should be applicable in your life but to grossly suggest it of others the relevant methodology the relating beliefs will be challenged.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 3:44 am

ci wrote:
In several posts you have either said I was calling you a liar when I was not, asking me not to criticize you and have taken things very personally when they have otherwise not been directed at you. This is a civil conversation about a matter that is complex. It's attached to a world view and is individually highly subjective and in other-ways political driven in agenda. We are taking into account a theory of the mind which is imperfect along with the other side issues. What would be nice is a complete lay out of your emotions with certain subjects like being associated with lower functioning individuals and your beliefs of autism and then your emotions with how mainstream portrays it. My suggestion is to allow criticism just the same as there are different books with different opinions. The philosophy you present should be applicable in your life but to grossly suggest it of others the relevant methodology the relating beliefs will be challenged.

I have not taken them personally at all. I was wondering why you were talking about such things. To be honest saying that what I say is due to supposition really comes down to calling me a liar whther intentional or not. I have laid out some of them and so far they have been challeneged because they don't have scientific tests proving them yet. I feel that's a feeble reason since I said search for yourself these things!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 3:51 am

You still think I am calling you a liar. I want debate without that sort of conflict orientation and resort. You seem sensible to begin with. You propose at least in part the autism spectrum is a partial lie. Yet it is about commonality of general symptoms. I wonder why it is very important to you. This is the subjectivity I seek.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 5:19 am

ci wrote:
You still think I am calling you a liar. I want debate without that sort of conflict orientation and resort. You seem sensible to begin with. You propose at least in part the autism spectrum is a partial lie. Yet it is about commonality of general symptoms. I wonder why it is very important to you. This is the subjectivity I seek.

Still think? Have you not read what I said? Calling what I have said supposition amounts to calling me a liar, whether I intentionally or unintentionally meant to lie. If you are trying to find subjectivity then maybe you should look where it exists: in yourself.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 5:27 am

Dude , I'm not on Ci's side, I'm a lone wolf here. Subjectivity do you, say, find vulcan females more attractive than humans? For some odd reason I do. Now that's a serious question to me. If you do , how much more attractive do you find them? I'm like a 8 on a 1-10 scale.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

Gedrene wrote:
ci wrote:

Still think? Have you not read what I said? Calling what I have said supposition amounts to calling me a liar, whether I intentionally or unintentionally meant to lie. If you are trying to find subjectivity then maybe you should look where it exists: in yourself.

I think you are to proud to have a conversation like I propose. You find yourself insulted over the littlest of things. Derive insults where they don't exist and ignore my otherwise comprehensible comments because they challenge your beliefs. Oh well!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 11:32 am

memesplice wrote:
Dude , I'm not on Ci's side, I'm a lone wolf here. Subjectivity do you, say, find vulcan females more attractive than humans? For some odd reason I do. Now that's a serious question to me. If you do , how much more attractive do you find them? I'm like a 8 on a 1-10 scale.

My girlfriend would be pissed if she saw my response to your humor and my agreeing with you.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 1:07 am

"Hey Ci look "

"What is it?"

"Did you order a pair of Spock ears on the internet?"

"Er...no...I ordered a toaster, definitely a toaster ."

"So like who the hell even buys Spock ears?"

"I dunno... say honey, seeing they're here, you er, you could always try them on..."

Oh man, we always get caught in the long game. Brains like a supercomputer, they never forget ,and are always working on the solution, years later. You thought you'd get away with that? - like throw yourself on her mercy and plead innate male stupidity. Might work. Might have to negotiate suggest genuine toaster purchase, if one is needed.

:)

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 1:46 am

You have a unique sense of humor.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 1:49 am

I think you do as well.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 3:31 am

ci wrote:
I think you are to proud to have a conversation like I propose. You find yourself insulted over the littlest of things. Derive insults where they don't exist and ignore my otherwise comprehensible comments because they challenge your beliefs. Oh well!

I think you keep deriving things from supposition because you have yet to actually go out for yourself and challenge or support what I said with empirical evidence, you just sit on your own theory. Also I wanted you to challenge my theory, that's why I said go outside. I have responded to all you have said so that ignore accusation came right out of nowhere.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 3:40 am

No I'm fairly open minded. Just you keep calling people morons that have certain jobs, accuse people of calling you a lair when they disagree and so on because they don't fit your fancy of the world and autism. I propose that simply other then for yourself and autism you don't really know what your talking about and have no credentials. I'd also assert their is no resolution because my statements were "thinking spells" and I am Tinkerbell. I'm simply asking questions and you respond to it in a socially hostile way because my goal which you do not like is figuring out where your coming from personally with regards to autism and yourself. So I figure to ask you to either 1. settle a bit down and participate as a civil debater and respond to my questions and comments without the senseless jabs or 2. drop it because I'm not going to agree with you because you simply make up insult and injury where their is none so you can get your way.

Would you like to reconstruct this in an analytic way or persist with your method of reproach?

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 3:49 am

ci wrote:
No I'm fairly open minded. Just you keep calling people morons that have certain jobs,

That wasn't me :/
ci wrote:
accuse people of calling you a lair when they disagree and so on because they don't fit your fancy of the world and autism.

You said that most of what I said was supposition. You might as well have called me a liar. I already explained this
ci wrote:
I propose that simply other then for yourself and autism you don't really know what your talking about and have to credentials.

Oh wow, you use the charge I made against others, whereas I have evidence that they don't you just say I don't because it fits with your world view
ci wrote:
I'd also assert their is no resolution because my statements were "thinking spells" and I am Tinkerbell. I'm simply asking questions and you response to it in a socially hostile way because my goal which you do not like is figuring out where your coming from personally with regards to autism and yourself.,

You are blinded by arrogance about your own belief. You want your belief of cure to be vindicated. In the end you are accusing people of your own faults because I told you to search for evidence yourself and all you have done is sit on your butt and try and find ways of criticizing me and help fuerther your own agenda. My own personal wish is to find out the truth
ci wrote:
So I figure to ask you to either 1. settle a bit down and participate as a civil debater and respond to my questions and comments without the senseless jabs or 2. drop it because I'm not going to agree with you because you simply make up insult and injury where their is none so you can get your way.

You are making the senseless conflict, not I. YOu instantly began criticizing this on faulty grounds, not I.

ci wrote:
Would you like to reconstruct this in an analytic way or persist with your method of reproach?

Given tha you began the second one yourself with unsupported claims of supposition and then a witchhunt for a bias that doesn't exist, I'd cal it ludicrous that you would ask me.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 3:58 am

You started the topic out by calling the autism spectrum a lie. Yet any disagreeing with it I'm calling you a liar. Seems like folks have to agree with you or else they are arrogant, ignorant or calling you a liar. You yourself are going up against the classification by professionals so they must to be liars and everyone that disagrees with you including establishment inherently is calling you a liar.

You will cater to a certain crowd only otherwise it seems much like someone that talks to one end of reason and ignores that of the other. From the beginning you told me not to criticize you as a warning. Oh well as I said before it's not that important to me. You can believe what you want but at least people won't be effected by it to much.

It's just a label of general combined symptoms from mild to severe. How it manifests is a puzzle and every individual is different. It may not manifest for the same "brain" neurological and combined environmental reasons for everyone.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 4:10 am

ci wrote:
You started the topic out by calling the autism spectrum a lie. Yet any disagreeing with it I'm calling you a liar. Seems like folks have to agree with you or else they are arrogant, ignorant or calling you a liar.

No, you were calling me a liar because you said every piece of evidence I used was supposition. You have your theories for you. THey work fine, but you actually find reasons why I might not be correct rather than call it supposition blindly. You
ci wrote:
yourself are going up against the classification by professionals so they must to be liars and everyone that disagrees with you including establishment inherently is calling you a liar.

You know appeal to authority is a fallacy? Also I didn't say that they called me liars. I said you did. I said I thought they were wrong about their theories, which is convenient because the scientific community has also disproven many of the theories it has created. Is it wrong to suggest my own? No. So stop avoiding that point.

ci wrote:
You will cater to a certain crowd only otherwise it seems much like someone that talk to one end of reason and ignores that of the other. From the beginning you told me not to criticize you as a warning. Oh well as I said before it's not that important to me. You can believe what you want but at least people won't be effected by it to much.

I don't cater to crowds I try to find truths. I told you to look for reasons to agree or disagree with me. You still haven't. You just call it supposition, call it a day and still pursue some phantom subjectivity. A lot of people have disagreed with me and that is fine. Disagree. I don't intend on dominating your mind. But if you use underhanded tactics as 'criticism' such as saying what I have said is supposition and then trying to exclaim that I have a personal investment that has made me come to this view then I will call you out for that. You even use absurd claims to somehow get a one up. Calling the whole scientific community liars? That's insultingly bad. If it isn't that important then why do you keep going on about it?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 4:18 am

As I have said before I liked what you had to say. I think however there are some fundamental disagreeable ways of perceiving autism and cure? It's based on what you would call supposition which I didn't use that word but in root you are actually performing supposition and is a natural human behavior. I called it bias because you are personally emotionally attached in a subjective way to autism. You have been so very confrontational and making personal attacks I figured I'd wait until you would settle down a bit from the calling me names, accusations and so on. You see a teacher teaches a class differently and instead of getting all personal he or she finds different techniques to teach. You can teach me how you view the autism universe and then I can speak but resorting to this nonsense is an utter waste.

I want to know whether or not to bother getting all philosophical with you. Your dead set in your thinking and any challenge and you got me made out to being arrogant and calling you a liar. Let me know when we can be constructive with this conversation.