Page 2 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next


Which best describes a similarity to your understanding of the autism acceptance idea?
To accept an individual with autism and embrace who they are regardless of whether they choose a cure to be developed for different symptoms.. 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
To accept autism as simply a difference and concepts such as cure mean non-acceptance. 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 15

ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,545
Location: Humboldt County, California

15 Aug 2011, 1:27 pm

Gedrene wrote:
ci wrote:
You do the exact same thing but I really don't call your writing rambling out of disrespect for your thinking for yourself.


ci: NO U!

Charming. Even when you aren't making monstrously long paragraphs you manage to ramble and make stealth insults.


Mr. Gedrene,

If you don't like what I have to say or my grammar just don't reply in my post. Your regularly use insults and do what you claim others do. The personal attacks are your way of feeling better about yourself and your views. Argue it with logic but denouncing it as if it is unworthy of your superior intellectual verbiages and grammar abilities is far to transparent of your insecurity of your views. Please revise the approach.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2011
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,725

15 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

ci wrote:
If you don't like what I have to say or my grammar just don't reply in my post.

I have a right to point out flaws in your argument no matter what they are. That's a concept that you haven't grasped yet: that you could be wrong.
ci wrote:
Your regularly use insults and do what you claim others do.

When am I a hypocrite? Do you ever use a link to when I am doing it when you make these accusations? You have no excuse for not doing so. Otherwise I could just point out that everything you say is unproven rubbish and nothing but a transparent attempt (as usual) to make up lies about people who disagree with you
ci wrote:
The personal attacks are your way of feeling better about yourself and your views.

Here we go again...
ci wrote:
Argue it with logic but denouncing it as if it is unworthy of your superior intellectual verbiages and grammar abilities is far to transparent of your insecurity of your views. Please revise the approach.
Right. Didn't you learn the first time? Or are you just incapable of understanding? You are a hypocritical, lying, speculation-dependent megalomaniac who psychologically projects so hard that he can barely write a proper sentence.



Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

15 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

Gedrene wrote:
You are a hypocritical, lying, speculation-dependent megalomaniac who psychologically projects so hard that he can barely write a proper sentence.


Seems like fair comment to me...except I am sure I noticed indicators of underlying incipient sadism too...but that could have just been a trick of the light?



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,545
Location: Humboldt County, California

15 Aug 2011, 1:52 pm

Gedrene wrote:
ci wrote:
If you don't like what I have to say or my grammar just don't reply in my post.

I have a right to point out flaws in your argument no matter what they are. That's a concept that you haven't grasped yet: that you could be wrong.
ci wrote:
Your regularly use insults and do what you claim others do.

When am I a hypocrite? Do you ever use a link to when I am doing it when you make these accusations? You have no excuse for not doing so. Otherwise I could just point out that everything you say is unproven rubbish and nothing but a transparent attempt (as usual) to make up lies about people who disagree with you
ci wrote:
The personal attacks are your way of feeling better about yourself and your views.

Here we go again...
ci wrote:
Argue it with logic but denouncing it as if it is unworthy of your superior intellectual verbiages and grammar abilities is far to transparent of your insecurity of your views. Please revise the approach.
Right. Didn't you learn the first time? Or are you just incapable of understanding? You are a hypocritical, lying, speculation-dependent megalomaniac who psychologically projects so hard that he can barely write a proper sentence.


People have the right to do all sorts of things. It does not make it reasonable that they will enjoy it especially when disabilities prevent meeting your standards. I am very comfortable with my writing ability as it is but your uncomfortable and displeased with it enough to go from post to post pointing it out. It's like following a person in a wheelchair around and pointing it out to everybody hey he can't walk but I can walk.

Your constant insults to revise my understanding which was written for constructive input will not help evolve my opinion. You seem to hate such as the following which you do not have evidence for. " Didn't you learn the first time? Or are you just incapable of understanding? You are a hypocritical, lying, speculation-dependent megalomaniac who psychologically projects so hard that he can barely write a proper sentence." Your proving to be a down right nasty, mean and hateful person who refuses to argue the points with constuctive reasoning but instead because he can't find a way to evolve how I as of current understand the topic seeks to insult me to the point of running for cover. It won't work.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,545
Location: Humboldt County, California

15 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
You are a hypocritical, lying, speculation-dependent megalomaniac who psychologically projects so hard that he can barely write a proper sentence.


Seems like fair comment to me...except I am sure I noticed indicators of underlying incipient sadism too...but that could have just been a trick of the light?


I think this reflects a true disability bigotry. These folks tend not to like autism is a disability verbiages so they resort to demeaning it to make it less popular as a form of peer pressure. Again having thick skin it pretty much bounces off of me and I'm looking at you two as if your emotionally intolerant.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

15 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

ci wrote:
I think this reflects a true disability bigotry. These folks tend not to like autism is a disability verbiages so they resort to demeaning it to make it less popular as a form of peer pressure. Again having thick skin it pretty much bounces off of me and I'm looking at you two as if your emotionally intolerant.


Hardly, as we were both referring to your choice of behaviours rather than your disability.



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,545
Location: Humboldt County, California

15 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
ci wrote:
I think this reflects a true disability bigotry. These folks tend not to like autism is a disability verbiages so they resort to demeaning it to make it less popular as a form of peer pressure. Again having thick skin it pretty much bounces off of me and I'm looking at you two as if your emotionally intolerant.


Hardly, as we were both referring to your choice of behaviours rather than your disability.


If the sun shines in your eyes you exhibit a behavior as a result. Someone could choose to stare at the sun resulting in eye damage. Likewise one could also stand out in a blaring sun all day and get burnt. There is very little I can do about the grammar as I do remember trying to learn and and do grasp some. It is the posters behavior that chooses to continue to attempt to belittle me about it when in fact it won't change how I express. Regardless on the other items no evidence nor intent on my end.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jul 2011
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,725

15 Aug 2011, 2:59 pm

ci wrote:
Zeraeph wrote:
ci wrote:
I think this reflects a true disability bigotry. These folks tend not to like autism is a disability verbiages so they resort to demeaning it to make it less popular as a form of peer pressure. Again having thick skin it pretty much bounces off of me and I'm looking at you two as if your emotionally intolerant.


Hardly, as we were both referring to your choice of behaviours rather than your disability.


If the sun shines in your eyes you exhibit a behavior as a result. Someone could choose to stare at the sun resulting in eye damage. Likewise one could also stand out in a blaring sun all day and get burnt. There is very little I can do about the grammar as I do remember trying to learn and and do grasp some.

Then why when pressed do you show that you can be perfectly grammatical and understandable?



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,545
Location: Humboldt County, California

15 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

I can be grammatically more correct from to time I think because I have mentally remembered another usage of the same or very similar phrasing. To me it is common sense to separate some things with "," when I don't see why or how other times. I do tend to think I am writing something a certain way then re-read it and think I've written it a certain way but not seem to notice how it is really written. This I think has to do with attention and memory problems but in an odd sense. I would have to say grammar is not a profound difficulty of my own so I don't see the big deal in the first place is. Perhaps it is beyond "," marks. I just got to a certain point where I did not comprehend any more of the grammar education.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

15 Aug 2011, 4:11 pm

So ci, you admit you are just playing games.



ci
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,545
Location: Humboldt County, California

15 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

In what regard and how do we define a game? In how I've used the word game in context to autism politics I intended to mean people who just will not reason and refuse to get along who go on repeating the same anti-organization jargon. It's a game for them with real-life manifestations for others. To me people that don't play games are people that will sit down and reasonably talk about matters to find mutual understanding regarding emotions, opinions and look for the best results mutually for individuals in need.

Perhaps it can be said I'm playing the enders game to the political games in autism politics and helping to accelerate the social evolutionary process of it so as to find conclusion. I must oblige the same terms in which others are playing the game. Ultimately my goal is comprehensive understanding and reasonable disagreements finding solutions.


_________________
The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com


Last edited by ci on 15 Aug 2011, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,414

15 Aug 2011, 4:16 pm

Both vermonsavant and Ci, have been ostracized here by a number of other people on there communication style that has been pointed out as flawed. I have also encountered others that are quick to point out when I misspel a word, even when it is a typo. I recollect misspellling misspel one time because I left an s out.

I have a problem with concise language, that is part of my impairments with Autism, so zeraeph has kindly brought to my attention that my style of writing is convuluted; It's not the first time I have heard that comment.

Some of these issues are directly associated with the condition of Autism, yet some easily and freely denigrate others, without regard to the fact that it may be part of their impairments associated with Autism.

Yet, some of the same are quick to point out that Autism Speaks doesn't understand us, and can't speak for us. There is clear evidence, whenever anyone with any kind of communication impairment associated with Autism, comes to this forum, that some of us can't identify impairments that are not the fault of others, associated with Autism, that they have been challenged with, but haven't fully overcome. I too have found myself making this mistake, and try to correct it when I recognize it.

As Vermontsavant indicated he is treated better by the people from Autism Speaks that some of the people here. We expect organizations like Autism Speaks to change, understand, and listen to us, but are some of the more advantaged individuals that see themselves as highly functioning, capable of making the change we see as necessary in that organization, in ourselves?

From what I've seen it is some of those that are brave enough to come here, with less than perfect grammar and spelling skills are at times the ones that understand there is middle ground to be found among the rigid ways of thinking about what an autistic person is or should be, or what the help they need from others is.

I think it serves us all well if we do our best to understand others, accept their flaws, and look for reasonable middle ground, where we can find it.

Aspie48 came here with a rigid point of view, and was mature enough to change it, when enough evidence was presented to him, that suggested it was a better road to take. That's the most encouraging thing I have seen in this forum so far. A real meaningful result from reasonable discussion.



Last edited by aghogday on 15 Aug 2011, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 592

15 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

I never heard of gullability as an attribute of maturity before...but if it *IS* - I think I'll pass. :)



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 103,280
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

15 Aug 2011, 5:22 pm

I believe the topic is The Autism Acceptance Movement. Let's all agree to disagree.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,414

15 Aug 2011, 7:52 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
I never heard of gullability as an attribute of maturity before...but if it *IS* - I think I'll pass. :)


Just to clarify that was in regard to Autism Supremacy issue; and also to be clear, I was part of that conversation, to provide reasonable suggestions to the young man as to the pitfalls of the ideology, along with everyone else that participated that made an effort to provide understanding.