Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 6:20 pm

I was wondering what people thought of parents who don't get their children vaccinated because of their fears of autism. I mean for me, I think its even worse to not vaccinate your child. The vaccinations are meant to prevent your child from getting a disease that could kill him. To me I just think its better getting your child vaccinated and getting autism.

I mean autism won't kill your child but disease that your child isn't protected against can make them really sick and possibly not even survive. Is it worse than having a child with autism? Not even close! People always treat autism as if it is a disease that makes you sick or can kill you... it just really gets me going.

There is so little understanding of autism that people are getting way over the top with how its getting handled. People think autism is a bad thing and all fo the bad things autism brings get exploited instead of the good things. I mean I understand having a child with autism isn't easy but at least its better than a child who isn't vaccinated.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 6:38 pm

let the snot-nosed brats and their overprotective excuses for parents all get diptheria or whatever!! ! :evil: I don't have to worry anyway because I had my all my shots, which was 100% worth getting Asperger's!! ! :twisted: Not that I believe I got it that way!

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 6:45 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
let the snot-nosed brats and their overprotective excuses for parents all get diptheria or whatever!! ! :evil: I don't have to worry anyway because I had my all my shots, which was 100% worth getting Asperger's!! ! :twisted: Not that I believe I got it that way!

Yeah same here. My parents had me vaccinated and even if I did get autism that way... at least I didn't die from some life threatening disease that vaccines protected me for. I know for me, Autism is a curse but at other times its a blessing. I can do things most people find out of the ordinary... or baffle them. Like with writing, everyone who knows me, knows writing is a gift for me and its how I express myself.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2011, 7:02 pm

Vaccinate your kids!

Science has not discovered a link between vaccination and autism.

Vaccination can protect kids against many horrifying diseases.

If you do not vaccinate your child, you are not only of negligence with respect to your own child but with other children as well.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 8:22 pm

I'm glad that vaccines exist, and they have saved a lot of lives. I also believe that vaccines have very little to do with autism. With that said, however, governments have no right to require people to submit to vaccination. I've had the childhood diseases including measles and chickenpox and have come through OK. So have many other people I know.

EllenDee
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Aug 2011, 8:26 pm

I think parents who do not vaccinate their children for fear of autism are generally ill-informed about both vaccines and about what autism actually is. I think most of them individually are however trying to do what is in the best interests of their children.

I reserve my anger for the people who promote, create and distribute the lies and mis-information these people are basing their decisions on.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

21 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

Vaccines save lives!
Parents who refuse to vaccinate their children aren't just gambling with their kids' lives,
they're endangering the whole community.
If their kids get infected and spread the disease, the population suffers.
It's a matter of herd immunity. The fear-mongering ignoramuses are jeopardizing it.

Here's a good vid to explain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-cKzzPkz2o

EllenDee

21 Aug 2011, 10:41 pm

cyberscan wrote:
I've had the childhood diseases including measles and chickenpox and have come through OK. So have many other people I know.

And there are some people you will never get the chance to know because they died from these diseases.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

EllenDee wrote:
I think parents who do not vaccinate their children for fear of autism are generally ill-informed about both vaccines and about what autism actually is. I think most of them individually are however trying to do what is in the best interests of their children.

I reserve my anger for the people who promote, create and distribute the lies and mis-information these people are basing their decisions on.

But there also the other things causing autism... like I keep hearing on the internet about how facebook or video games cause autism... hell even television and rain causes it. Then you have people who have cured their child of autism... which makes me think, "Maybe your child wasn't even autistic to begin with...". I mean Autism is become so overdiagnosed, along with other disorders like ADHD and bipolar that kids can't even be kids anymore without being labeled as ADHD or having some slight little learning disability.

and then of course it ends up either screwing over the ones who do have those conditions and makes things worse for the ones that don't.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 3:39 am

Even if there was a risk of autism associated with vaccines, I would still give them to any kids I may have someday so that they don't get sick and die a slow and painful death from one of the old time diseases like the ones found in The Oregon Trail.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:31 am

cyberscan wrote:
I'm glad that vaccines exist, and they have saved a lot of lives. I also believe that vaccines have very little to do with autism. With that said, however, governments have no right to require people to submit to vaccination. I've had the childhood diseases including measles and chickenpox and have come through OK. So have many other people I know.

Chickenpox is fine, but measles can potentially be life-threatening. I know you are fine with vaccines but should someone leave their child's life up to chance just because of a thoroughly disproven and ultimately conspiracist link between vaccines and autism? No. If their child dies then they just committed manslaughter. Plain and simple.

aspergersrapper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2011, 11:06 am

i absolutely hate it when some parents who have children with autism who beleive in dr wakefield and make out they care their child has autism but really they dont. They hate it.

here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Undesi ... 5698518426 http://twitter.com/#!/autistic_rapper

http://www.reverbnat

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 5:09 pm

Gedrene wrote:
cyberscan wrote:

Chickenpox is fine, but measles can potentially be life-threatening. I know you are fine with vaccines but should someone leave their child's life up to chance just because of a thoroughly disproven and ultimately conspiracist link between vaccines and autism? No. If their child dies then they just committed manslaughter. Plain and simple.

Yeah, I agree. I mean even if I wasn't autistic and I was a parent... I would rather vaccinate my child and risk them getting autism, if vaccines were the leading cause... so whether they are not its clearly better than putting your child and other people around you at risk for the life-threatening disease that could kill them.

I mean those vaccines were made for a reason. If everyone boycotts them then what happens when an even bigger epidemic strikes again... and for what? All because parents are afraid of autism? At least having an autistic child is better than having a child who could be killed. Parents don't really seem to understand any of that.