Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 3:03 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
I think what Marcia is doing now is so obvious it would be downright condescending to wikilink it :D

Anyway, for me to continue this way would be getting a little too close to engaging with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_abuse which is about the stupidest thing you can possible choose to do with it.

Best thing to do is ignore it completely, go and do something else...which is what I intend to do unless somebody posts something more interesting than playground level http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying

:D

Yes and your attempts to say we are all neurotic and insane aren't bullying. You have already said that there was no poit to this conversation. Can't you actually practice what you preach and stop then?

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

Gedrene wrote:
Yes and your attempts to say we are all neurotic and insane

I did never said you were neurotic and/or insane...but if the cap fits...
:)

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
I think what Marcia is doing now is so obvious it would be downright condescending to wikilink it :D

Aw, pet. :( It's just those grandiose delusions that make you think wikipedia has an article about "playing Zeraeph at her own game." That's all.

Edited to add: I'm only dipping a toe into playing your game, mind. I really do think you have pretty serious problems as you aren't able to tolerate criticism of any kind and you are very paranoid. Patronising too.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 3:32 am

Zeraeph wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Yes and your attempts to say we are all neurotic and insane

I did never said you were neurotic and/or insane...but if the cap fits...
:)

No it doesn't madam. But saying I rely on psychological abuse, use psychological manipulation and am psychologically projecting then obviously you can't be saying that I am not neurotic. The cap doesn't fit me. There's no point saying you didn't imply such things and then add in that as a cheap joke. It makes you sound like vindictive idiot. Also, could you stop messaging us? I thought you were already going to stop. Or did you only use it as a cheap remark?

That you use all those wikilinks after saying wikipedia is useless still gives the unavoidable proof of hypocrisy.

qwertywop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2011, 10:15 am

My mom didn't fake my diagnosis. I was told my multiple proffesionals as a child that I may have aspergers but they never made the diagnosis official. about ten years later my mom found a doctor just so I could get officially diagnosed not to help me but so that I could get filed into this school aid program which my father and I were set against. afterwards she no longer pays any attention to my aspergers, and even when I act autistic she tells me to stop making excuses and be normal. In the end the program that my mom tried so hard to get me in does absolutely nothing and the sole reason she wanted me in it wasn't because she wanted aid but because my cousin with ADD got in, and she and my aunt always have to be equal.

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 10:52 am

qwertywop wrote:
My mom didn't fake my diagnosis. I was told my multiple proffesionals as a child that I may have aspergers but they never made the diagnosis official. about ten years later my mom found a doctor just so I could get officially diagnosed not to help me but so that I could get filed into this school aid program which my father and I were set against. afterwards she no longer pays any attention to my aspergers, and even when I act autistic she tells me to stop making excuses and be normal. In the end the program that my mom tried so hard to get me in does absolutely nothing and the sole reason she wanted me in it wasn't because she wanted aid but because my cousin with ADD got in, and she and my aunt always have to be equal.

qwertywop, that is a far more common scenario than you might suppose, and while it certainly does not constitute faking anything, just expediting specific resources, it does illustrate equally how, and how easy it is, to fake a diagnosis. There is also nothing uncommon about resources that are useless, or worse pitching themselves to parents and governments as the best thing ever...

...and sibling rivalry older than the bible, but when the siblings involved are your mum and your aunt the safest course, I find, is usually to keep your own counsel and pass no remarks...just concentrate on asserting to your mum why the program is not helping you and what would be better and avoid all mention of why she put you on it in the first place..

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

Zeraeph wrote:
qwertywop wrote:

qwertywop, that is a far more common scenario than you might suppose, and while it certainly does not constitute faking anything, just expediting specific resources, it does illustrate equally how, and how easy it is, to fake a diagnosis. There is also nothing uncommon about resources that are useless, or worse pitching themselves to parents and governments as the best thing ever...

...and sibling rivalry older than the bible, but when the siblings involved are your mum and your aunt the safest course, I find, is usually to keep your own counsel and pass no remarks...just concentrate on asserting to your mum why the program is not helping you and what would be better and avoid all mention of why she put you on it in the first place..

If anything these useless aid programs go to show that no one has a clue about what we are and who we are, and again this reinforces my view that someone has the gall to tell me that all parents always have their children's best interests at heart always, because it aint true.

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

Gedrene wrote:
If anything these useless aid programs go to show that no one has a clue about what we are and who we are, and again this reinforces my view that someone has the gall to tell me that all parents always have their children's best interests at heart always, because it aint true.

I absolutely agree with you, even within perfectly normal ranges of behaviour, let alone dysfunctional and abusive ones.

...and on top of that, there is another factor, even the best of parents are far too subjectively involved to be certain that they will be able to make the best decision.

But the only antidote is to learn to assert your needs effectively in the face of that.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
Gedrene wrote:

I absolutely agree with you, even within perfectly normal ranges of behaviour, let alone dysfunctional and abusive ones.

...and on top of that, there is another factor, even the best of parents are far too subjectively involved to be certain that they will be able to make the best decision.

But the only antidote is to learn to assert your needs effectively in the face of that.

The only thing I have found that I have needed to assert is that my mind works on the premise that I have few assumptions about life and so I must develop a framework to build on. All my intellectual tools are in my grasp if I feel I have them. We are birds with beaks and grasping claws who do not know how to build nests from birth, but we are designed to learn how to build every kind of nest there is: Scrapes, mounds, burrows, cavities, cups, saucers, plates, platforms, pendants and spheres.

There are also simply put vague differences in our character. The one I can think of is a blindingly powerful sense of personal morality. When something doesn't seem right we pound hard. This is almost always catastrophic if our kind pick up common fallacies from around us.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

That just proves that there is no epidemic and not only is the spectrum more recognized. There are some parents who are cheating the system while their kids aren't on the spectrum.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:40 pm

calling people "vindictive idiots", and "delusional" (among other things) is a violation of the rules, as per the bolded portion below. please do not engage in these behaviours. thank you.

Quote:
===================
WrongPlanet Rules
===================

Conduct
-----------
The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 2:52 am

I think it's sad. If they would get the help those kids actually need, parents wouldn't be so desperate to get a fake label for them just so their kids can get the help they need.

While these kids do have real problems and need help, they aren't getting it and the only way to get it is to have autism. So their parents fake it and get the doctor to diagnose them with it.

If only they offer support for other kids too than just autistic kids, parents wouldn't have to cheat.