Plymouth massachusetts now known for more than plymouth rock

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 7:48 am

i dont think anyone here is violent and i dont think any of the mods o would go to the police,but i saw this on the local news.boston area high school was on lock down yesterday because 5 teen girls made violent threats on facebook.they were quoted as saying" we want to slip and slid on the blood" end of quote.they could spend there college years getting an online degree from a prison library.as i said nothing here will ever come to that but it goes to show its a lot easier to get in trouble online than to talk your way out of it.i probably woulnt have posted this if i hadnt seen it on the local news but i makes you realize to think before you post

mv
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 7:58 am

I, for one, am glad that the school/town is taking a zero-tolerance stance on stuff like this.

It's well known that teenagers don't have the "judgment" centers of their brains fully formed until early adulthood (post teen years). It's remarkable that we let them drive automobiles. If they can't handle the responsibilities of being members of society, then they should have privileges denied to them.

By the way, this wasn't mentioned at all on one Boston site I peruse, and it was buried three or four stories down on the other site I look at. This isn't being treated as a big deal.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 8:51 am

police are still investigating how serious the threats were.search warants to look for weapons and diary logs about the threats.and digial foensics to determin if other online threats were made,or google searches about weapons.as of now there not in custody

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

I was suspended in elementary school for talking about an accidental death. Of course, all of the bullies in my class lied their asses off saying I was talking about killing them, as if I didn't have a reason to hate them before. It was effectively a witch trial. That is what zero- tolerance has gotten us - nobody is safe.

But they do not have me

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

Apera wrote:
I was suspended in elementary school for talking about an accidental death. Of course, all of the bullies in my class lied their asses off saying I was talking about killing them, as if I didn't have a reason to hate them before. It was effectively a witch trial. That is what zero- tolerance has gotten us - nobody is safe.
police have searched the suspects residents and found no weapons.right now its not a criminal matter says the boston herald.