Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

I don't recall anyone ever being told off for talking about a cure.

It's when you go calling people 'cureby' and 'pride-mite', then you've weaponised an idea, and it's being used against specific individuals.

I don't know what kind of strange lawyers trick you think you're trying to pull, but it is perfectly possible to follow the rules. I know I was probably exaggerating when I said that 99% of users don't cause problems, but it's probably not far off.

The way I'm interpreting you now, based on your MO and revelations in this thread, is that you're asking for permission to carry on with your regular program of mayhem, because it gets attention for your advocacy issues.

This is clearly a purpose at odds with the site. Is this not obvious yet?

If you want to be combative and raise ire, I would get a blog or a private site where you can do whatever you want to your hearts content.

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

Moog wrote:
I would get a blog or a private site where you can do whatever you want to your hearts content.

That is actually a very good idea, and you would want to consider it,Ci.

Also, maybe consider sitting down quietly and figuring out how to separate your political and advocacy issues from you personal issues. Because in my honest opinion literally all you are doing here is creating pointless antagonism and making enemies for yourself...and what is that achieving?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 8:04 pm

Moog wrote:
I don't recall anyone ever being told off for talking about a cure.

It's when you go calling people 'cureby' and 'pride-mite', then you've weaponised an idea, and it's being used against specific individuals.

I don't know what kind of strange lawyers trick you think you're trying to pull, but it is perfectly possible to follow the rules. I know I was probably exaggerating when I said that 99% of users don't cause problems, but it's probably not far off.

The way I'm interpreting you now, based on your MO and revelations in this thread, is that you're asking for permission to carry on with your regular program of mayhem, because it gets attention for your advocacy issues.

This is clearly a purpose at odds with the site. Is this not obvious yet?

If you want to be combative and raise ire, I would get a blog or a private site where you can do whatever you want to your hearts content.

I'm simply ask that no matter side peoples feelings be protected by the rules. I am not a lawyer I do not know lawyer tricks. Maybe what your talking about is when I say issues conflict with one another. MY point has been and will continue to be why cannot people just blurt out their minds to unravel issues. Cure research for instance is an extremely volatile and uncomfortable topic that people fear is a "trick" for eugenics. In the rules I adhere to in premise such research can be used for treatment as well. that's where issues become tricky and it seems to be the root of social hostility.

Let's not be selective in rule violations but see violations no matter side as violations. I just don't believe the rules on this sub-forum in context to the rest of the forum can be followed. These matters are extraordinarily political and emotional. I will follow them but when I speak very dry in analytic possabilics I'm really trying my best but then others wanted me to be more simple.

Two posts Mr. Moog I'd like you to check in on. If no one participates in them I'd think it has to do with simply protecting views and not liking to cut to the chase. this sub-forum is for autism awareness issues that seem to be politics as usual. It's like but not the same as trying to control two hungry animals (elephants and donkey's) bickering and I want solid logic out of it.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Last edited by ci on 12 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
Moog wrote:
I would get a blog or a private site where you can do whatever you want to your hearts content.

That is actually a very good idea, and you would want to consider it,Ci.

Also, maybe consider sitting down quietly and figuring out how to separate your political and advocacy issues from you personal issues. Because in my honest opinion literally all you are doing here is creating pointless antagonism and making enemies for yourself...and what is that achieving?

Nah.. That existed long ago without my participation. I simply bring it to light. Likely it's uncomfortable to both sides. Yet so as long as the rules are not broken it seems to be part of the ordained premise of the forum. Observe the topics that come next.

I can assure you no enemies found here can effect what I do. I'm not concerned about it.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 8:14 pm

ci wrote:

I can assure you no enemies found here can effect what I do. I'm not concerned about it.

So, as enemies and hostility are literally all you are drawing to yourself, what is the actual point in you spending, what must be, almost every waking posting here?

Isn't that just one, big negative waste of time from your own point of view?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 8:21 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
ci wrote:

So, as enemies and hostility are literally all you are drawing to yourself, what is the actual point in you spending, what must be, almost every waking posting here?

I find that people being unhappy is bothersome. I actually feel bad for individuals when they are made unhappy by issues. It's a kind of unfortunate reality that some experience when issues conflict and there does not seem to be a way out of it. I'd say my biggest goal is to cut to the chase. Perceived enemies are made far to easily to be reasonable because of how issues are mutually protected. When I say I do not fear enemies I am saying so because I think there is a bigger picture understanding of the issues that emotionally make enemies happen that can simply be explained to help people understand. I don't worry about it because if everyone had their way we'd be back to the same seemingly unresolvable sides and bitterness. I think the answer to these social problems of "enemies" among individuals can be discovered with the big picture understanding of issues to where ultimately it is not so harsh.

Here is a post for observation as a "test".

P.S Z what you said about me was a personal attack but sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt. No I do not propose you get banned but I think the idea is we avoid such reproaches all together. Check out the post I made.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4011188.html#4011188

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

ci wrote:
Zeraeph wrote:
ci wrote:

I find that people being unhappy is bothersome. I actually feel bad for individuals when they are made unhappy by issues. It's a kind of unfortunate reality that some experience when issues conflict and there does not seem to be a way out of it. I'd say my biggest goal is to cut to the chase. Perceived enemies are made far to easily to be reasonable because of how issues are mutually protected. When I say I do not fear enemies I am saying so because I think there is a bigger picture understanding of the issues that emotionally make enemies happen that can simply be explained to help people understand. I don't worry about it because if everyone had their way we'd be back to the same seemingly unresolvable sides and bitterness. I think the answer to these social problems of "enemies" among individuals can be discovered with the big picture understanding of issues to where ultimately it is not so harsh.

Here is a post for observation as a "test".

P.S Z what you said about me was a personal attack but sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt. No I do not propose you get banned but I think the idea is we avoid such reproaches all together. Check out the post I made.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4011188.html#4011188

not sure if i get your point here. Z was not attacking you.

you have had some heated arguments with people on here, and you were warned for their part in it. so were they! for the most part they simmered down. but you have not.

in the thread you linked to you are looking for people to come up with negatives, offensive things about autism awareness. i do not see how that is a productive exercise, but putting that aside... right off the bat you are dictating how people should respond by placing guidelines.... if you want to have healthy and valid discussions you must allow people as much latitude as you demand. there is nothing wrong with the initial post on your thread (though it seems rather like a trap of sorts), but i also encourage you to be open-minded if people do not follow in the way you have asked.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

Hyperlexian a personal attack is a personal attack and there is no arguing around that. This is not a situation of apples are oranges but apples are apples according to the rules. It does not matter who started what according to the rules. Anytime someone posts a topic they have a subject for their own constructive purposes. The goal in my post only outlined it's reasons and objective. Quite clearly you find that objective perhaps threatening because you may dislike it as it dictates purpose and purpose to me is sensible to putting out fires some may not want to put out figuratively. If we understand why people are offended and seek to diversity understanding of how might it be interpreted and why people feel certain ways it does not protect perspectives but it does potentially decrease hostility and friendliness.

You can ban me at anytime but my feeling is and will continue to be despite banning me or not people with Asperger's online in these groups are not always in my and others best interest who have disabilities not covered by the peer social politics. That's my feeling and that's other peoples feelings as well concerning certain aspects of disabilities issues that conflict.

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:02 pm

Ci, it's isn't a "personal attack" to point out that all you are drawing to yourself here are enemies and hostility, it is just a simple statement of fact.

That is all that is happening, nothing else.

Unless you can come out and say:
"What I want here are enemies and hostility" (and the mods might have something to say about that) you are obviously just wasting a great deal of your time and energy from your own point of view.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

ci wrote:
Hyperlexian a personal attack is a personal attack and there is no arguing around that. This is not a situation of apples are oranges but apples are apples according to the rules. It does not matter who started what according to the rules. Anytime someone posts a topic they have a subject for their own constructive purposes. The goal in my post only outlined it's reasons and objective. Quite clearly you find that objective perhaps threatening because you may dislike it as it dictates purpose and purpose to me is sensible to putting out fires some may not want to put out figuratively. If we understand why people are offended and seek to diversity understanding of how might it be interpreted and why people feel certain ways it does not protect perspectives but it does potentially decrease hostility and friendliness.

the topic doesn't interest me. making assumptions about MY politics in this area is a futile exercise as i just do not care what either side thinks.

you are not the king of your threads, so you have to allow people to express their own opinions in the way they see fit. as long as they also follow the rules, they are allowed to cultivate their own ideas and express them using their own methods of communication.

and no, it was not a personal attack. when people HAVE attacked you, they were warned. no favourites here in that regard.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:09 pm

I can see that some "mods" don't follow the rules. I can assure you what I've communicated has been very productive and in the interest of those who have been smothered by social peer politics or not included in these alike discussion usually out of disinterest or lack of knowledge of them. If you want to state something is fact offer proof but I have fact to the contrary in context to the issues I ave argued and presented. The rules are clear and some "mods" don't even follow them however.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:11 pm

ci wrote:
Hyperlexian a personal attack is a personal attack and there is no arguing around that.

Z did not attack you.

ci wrote:
This is not a situation of apples are oranges but apples are apples according to the rules. It does not matter who started what according to the rules. Anytime someone posts a topic they have a subject for their own constructive purposes.

Wrong. Once a post is made, the topic of any response is solely up to the person who posts, and not the OP.

ci wrote:
The goal in my post only outlined it's reasons and objective. Quite clearly you find that objective perhaps threatening because you may dislike it as it dictates purpose and purpose to me is sensible to putting out fires some may not want to put out figuratively.

The purpose was stated, but not clearly. Also, no plans or solutions were presented. The post was merely a finger-pointing exercise, and nothing more.

ci wrote:
If we understand why people are offended and seek to diversity understanding of how might it be interpreted and why people feel certain ways it does not protect perspectives but it does potentially decrease hostility and friendliness.

Understanding is one thing. Friendliness is quite another. It is possible to have either one without the other, and neither is required for meaningful discourse.

ci wrote:
You can ban me at anytime but my feeling is and will continue to be despite banning me or not people with Asperger's online in these groups are not always in my and others best interest who have disabilities not covered by the peer social politics. That's my feeling and that's other peoples feelings as well concerning certain aspects of disabilities issues that conflict.

Your feelings are not the responsibility of any member, mod, or admin on this website. Nor will they ever be, as long as you continue to complain and make threats to get people to agree with you. You're just not that important.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:13 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
ci wrote:

the topic doesn't interest me. making assumptions about MY politics in this area is a futile exercise as i just do not care what either side thinks.

you are not the king of your threads, so you have to allow people to express their own opinions in the way they see fit. as long as they also follow the rules, they are allowed to cultivate their own ideas and express them using their own methods of communication.

and no, it was not a personal attack. when people HAVE attacked you, they were warned. no favourites here in that regard.

It's getting to the point of petty. A personal attack is a personal attack. If you assume about me then I can try to understand you. Relevant topics centered around assumption in origin which has been relevant in otherwise high functioning online Asperger's politics. I am no king but that to is a personal attack asserting I am other then my character which you have projected certainty into to cater to individuals you have taken a side with. At this point it will further degrade because you have an vested interest into your claims while evading the rules about insults.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

ci wrote:

you added this part before i saw it.

don't turn yourself into a martyr as then you cannot help people with your advocacy, and then everyone loses. if you want to continue to be a part of the community, you MUST change as requested. whether you like it or not, that is where it stands.

upsetting people and making them angry makes them deaf to your points anyway. if you really want people to hear you, then you must make adjustments. we will not change the community and rules to suit you.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:21 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
ci wrote:

you added this part before i saw it.

don't turn yourself into a martyr as then you cannot help people with your advocacy, and then everyone loses. if you want to continue to be a part of the community, you MUST change as requested. whether you like it or not, that is where it stands.

upsetting people and making them angry makes them deaf to your points anyway. if you really want people to hear you, then you must make adjustments. we will not change the community and rules to suit you.

Mr. Hyper I never asked the rules be changed I only asked they be followed including yourself. For posting a sensible topic as a test to be more along the lines of the rules as I have come to understand them as they apply universally and not just in special circumstances it was made out to being a king. I'm having a hard time understanding where the rules apply if in their spirit you do not follow them. I am not a marter I only wish to portray Asperger's politics are not really important in my life and others whom it does not apply to because no one should perceive the relevant groups politics have anything to do with us ultimately.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:22 pm

ci wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
ci wrote:

It's getting to the point of petty. A personal attack is a personal attack. If you assume about me then I can try to understand you. Relevant topics centered around assumption in origin which has been relevant in otherwise high functioning online Asperger's politics. I am no king but that to is a personal attack asserting I am other then my character which you have projected certainty into to cater to individuals you have taken a side with. At this point it will further degrade because you have an vested interest into your claims while evading the rules about insults.

yes, but here is the situation: we are moderators. you are not. how many moderators (and members) need to tell you that you are out of line before you understand that you creating big problems here? you can disagree all you like, but the fact is... we have the final say. so you can comply or further actions will be taken.

so many of us have tried to communciate to you what the issue is, but you are not hearing us. at this point, it may be in our best interests to simply lock this thread and see whether you improve elsewhere. you have said your piece, and your actions will speak for themselves at this point.

(i told you that you are not the king of your threads. neither am i the queen of my threads. you are looking for attacks where there are none.)